Bobbi Brown Denim & Rose

3.2

on 2/23/2015 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this palette on ebay for cheaper than the retail price. Overall I really love BB palettes because they provide a whole look, and I love how subtly pretty her looks are. The standout shades in this palette for me are Gray Denim, the grey shade which I use as a medium lid colour, and the blush, which is a soft rose. I really like Dark Rinse, the navy shimmery shade, but it tends to flake on me and crease quite badly, giving me a black eye when I use it as a liner. I love how it looks when I first apply it but it doesn't last on me. The lip colours are pretty but I don't seem to use them much. The Lilac gloss is colourless on my pigmented lips and the pink gloss brightens the face quite a bit. Navajo is honestly too light a colour for my complexion although I do use it sometimes to brighten the eye area before applying Gray Denim. As others have mentioned Gray Denim is also great as a brow colour. Overall I do get a decent amount of use out of this palette but I wouldn't repurchase when I run out of it. One more quibble about the packaging: the zip pull on my case broke off and I've had trouble zipping the thing up ever since, which I find kind of disappointing in a high-end brand. Otherwise the palette travels well because of its small size and I do carry it around with me when I travel for an extra look.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

As all BB palettes its very wearable and works beautiful all together, it's a beautiful palette.

The first reviewer has done such a great job describing the colors that I won't go into detail of the specific shades.

I will have to say I initially passed on this palette... saw it presented on QVC... then decided to order it online. (Yes, Bobbi has that effect on me!) I think this will be a great palette for traveling, because the compact does zip up and is a nice small size. The lip colors are all very wearable, and the matte taupe shadow can double as a brow definer, a crease color, or an all-over shade. I like that the dark blue can be used as a liner, or all over the lid for a smokey eye. The shimmery peach-gold color is really pretty, and can be layered on top of the other colors to add some "pop." The blush is a pretty rosy nude-pink that would work for a variety of skin-tones.

Overall, this is a pretty good buy. Are the colors totally original? No... but if you're looking for an all-inclusive sort of palette with wearable colors, then I would highly recommend Denim & Rose. continued >>

on 10/16/2010 10:51:00 PM

I love BB stuff in general so I took an immediate look at this palette. Too many products in one smal palette and I didnt love several of the colors in it. Wasn't tempted to pick it up.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hmmm, love Bobbi Brown, really on fence about this palette. It comes in a very cute zippered denim package, perfect for travel and for the purse. It has 4 eye shadows: Navajo, a dark bone matte, Gray Denim, a gorgeous matte gray, Pink Granite Sparkle Eye Shadow which is a warm bronzey pink, and Dark Rinse Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow which is a Dark, sparkly Navy that can be used as a powder liner. The Navajo is a bit of a dark highlighter but it is a classic. I prefer Banana myself, but and I found this doesn't do much for my skin tone, at least while I still have a bit of summer colour. The Pink Granite does nothing - it darkens my eye area as well and really adds nothing - the sparkle is there imperceptibly but if used on the middle of the lid, it does work over the darker colours. The Dark Rinse is a very dark shimmer Navy that you can use as a liner or on the lid for a dark navy smokey eye. My new fave is the Gray Denim, a new colour which is a gray, almost mauvey looking mid tone but it is a gray and to me a fantastic matte gray. I love this gray. Goes so well with grayed out nails! The gray and Navajo work well together, and you can use the gray for the eyebrows and it does a lovely eyebrow! so bonus. The navy is very very pigmented so use lightly and build if you do a lid with it. For the crease, good luck. It really is a powder liner more than anything.

The Palette also comes with Pink Rose blush, a pinky concoction that doesn't again do much for me. It makes me very pink, and seems to emphasize the pores. I just didn't look good the day I did the blush and dark eyes - maybe again when my skin goes back to transparent in winter, this will work better.

Two lip colours are included: Cool Rose and Indie Rose. Indie Rose is a rose, darker a bit, no punch to it, but pretty. Cool Rose is a cooler pinker rose, not particularly pretty at all. The glosses included are Iced Lilac and Hot Rose. Hot Rose is awful in my opinion. It's a pink that does nothing, at least for me. Iced lilac I actually really like.

So, all in all, was the $75 worth it or is it going back. I like the Gray Denim Shadow, and the Iced Lilac gloss. The Dark Rinse is interesting and workable, sort of. The case is very cute. Navajo may be worth it....well, I may keep it, I will play with it a bit more to make it work. I like the idea of palettes, but so often, something doesn't work and you wonder how worth it it was. I did by Denim Ink Gel Liner and I love that, but do I need the Navy power and the Denim Gel liner? Well, the blues make my green brown eyes browner, and I don't have a lot of great blues (the Dior quint failed me), and Bobbie Brown does not irritate my eyes, maybe I will keep it as it is limited. I do know three SAs at different times said they didn't care for it which I find interesting!