3.5

price range

Reviews

3.0

10 years ago

I've been using this "cleanser" (or exfoliator, as i'd like to call it) about 2 times a week for the last month or so. This is quite rough on your skin if you have a sensitive type like mine. On the other hand, it does exfoliate and cleanse well... I just don't like the film it leaves after I've used it. Don't really like the packaging either... a paperbag is never handy. So I recommend that you keep it in a plastic container or anything similar to that. The reason why I wont be repurchasing this again is mainly because of the fact that I've tried other exfoliators that's been much better for my skintype, and a much more practical packaging.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesBlue

11 years ago

I would buy this product over and over again if I could. I'm so sad that it is discontinued. I use it every other night, and I love the way it feels and makes my skin feel. I massage it onto dry skin for a while, then put a hot, wet towel over my face and relax while the towel cools off. After that I wipe off all of the remaining exfoliating bits with the towel. I love this stuff SO much that I'm trying to find a way to make something similar.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Tan

EyesBlack

11 years ago

After reading reviews on how to use this the right way, I still did not like it. There was no way to get that icky feeling off my face except washing it like 4 times. The scrubby texture was nice, but not worth the nasty slick feeling.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

EyesGreen

11 years ago

This solid blackhead treatment/cleanser/exfoliator is just lovely on your face. I've always had blackheads and clogged pores, and this has worked quite nicely, but I think it's discontinued!! The fullness of her cheeks and the weird shape of her forehead help to get more of the product on the sides of my nose, etc, more easily. It smells super fresh and feels great. The trick is to know what to do after you've cleansed !! The suggestions on here are wonderful. I usually splash my face a few times with warm water and the swipe a washcloth over my face to get the excess off. Your skin will love you for making it super smooth !! I only use this every once and a while, as I prefer Ocean Salt to scrub more regularly.

About reviewer (100 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

11 years ago

I have oily skin and huge pores. I've been like that since my early teens. I'm 38 now and still the amount of oil... 'Sweet Japanese Girl' works for me so well, I just had to figure out how to use it properly like some other Lush products. The trick is to scrub my face in the shower with my SJG, maybe 1-2 times weekly. I then wipe off as much as I can with a warm, wet cloth. I ALWAYS feel the residue on my face after and know it's visible. If I left the residue on my face, I'd be quite greasy/shiny so I use a very mild facial cleanser (Lush's Fresh Farmacy works awesome!) to 'even' my skin out. My face is glows. it's clean and as smooth as a baby's bottom. No pimples. Sooooo soft! Just be careful not to use a harsh cleanser after using SWJ, or you'll risk washing it completely off.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Other, Other

11 years ago

Some of you who don't like this product may want to consider using it dry on a freshly cleansed face. I feel that using it dry really helps to exfoliate your skin and get rid of those black heads. After applying all over your face...rinse it off. There should be a layer of the product left over on your face but what I do is I take a clean towel and pour hot water all over it. I then wait a couple of seconds for it to cool, and then I compress the hot towel all over my face until the residue is removed. It feels great and you end up with a 3 minute facial. I usually use sweet japanese girl 2-3x a week and during that time of day when I'm getting ready to drink a cup of tea. That way, I have the hot water ready. Love this product. Leaves my skin feeling squeaky clean and then I apply a moisturizer after.

About reviewer (78 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

11 years ago

Didn't like it! it left a very oily residue on my skin which was hard to get rid off (I wipe it off with a cotton pad and tea tree water/toner) I tried it for almost a week, lucky it didn't give me any breakouts but I'd prefer coal face :)

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Olive

3.0
from

11 years ago

This product is ok, but I’ve found (like others have) that it’s hard to wash it all off. So what I’ve been doing when I use this is rub it into my skin for a minute or so then I apply Ocean Salt scrub, rub that in and wash it all off. The Ocean Salt removes all the cleanser and the mixture of both products creates a nice creamy face scrub.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

11 years ago

SJG is great! Leaves my skin soooo soft. However, I left it on my soap holder in my shower, and I think just from water hitting it it almost completely melted! Put it in a container of some kind.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

EyesHazel

11 years ago

When I first read about this product, I was impressed. Rushed to the LUSH store and bought it. However my excitement soon fizzed as this product landed on skin. It is very nice at exfoliating however, it left a very oily residue on skin which was hard to get rid off by just wiping it off with tissue. I had to wash my face with an alternative cleanser. Recently I was at LUSH store, and one of sales reps dint even like this product.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive