LUSH Stepping Stone

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone

1 review

This seems to be one of the more unpopular LUSH products, and while I can understand why, I think some of it has to do with how people use it.

You can't use this like a pumice stone. As a lot of people have noted, once it gets saturated with water, it will begin to dissolve very quickly. You also don't want to use the entire block of product at one time.

I find the best way to use this is to break off small chunks at a time. Don't run the chunk under water or submerge it. If you've been soaking your feet in a basin or the bath, shake off most of the water from your foot (or better yet, blot it until there's just a little moisture left on the skin), and THEN scrub the chunk of Stepping Stone over your foot. The less water gets mixed into the process, the less the stone will dissolve. Because of this, I don't recommend using this while taking a shower unless you turn the water off first.

Using it this way, the chunks of product last much longer, and instead of just fizzing away, it will form a rough, scrubby paste on the foot that can then be massaged into the skin after you've stopped scrubbing with the chunk itself. I can get about a dozen uses out of each Stepping Stone, which actually makes it a pretty good value.

This product doesn't replace a firm pumice stone for me (I have chronically dry, rough feet), but if you're willing to work with the product's quirks and limitations, it does work. This is a staple when I do an at-home pedicure. I use a firm pumice stone or foot file first, then follow with this for extra buffing. The lemongrass scent is very pleasant and refreshing, and my feet do feel softer after this versus just using my pumice or file.