LUSH Stepping Stone

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

Stepping Stone is a nice foot scrub. It is a mild scrub, it leaves the feet feeling soft after use, particularly if you follow it up with a foot lotion. The scrub takes away the top few layers of rough skin, though it will not perform miracles and rid you of tough callouses. My feet are not overly dry or rough, so the mild exfoliation was enough for me! Its scent is a mixture of lemon and lime, it is sweet and fresh and reminds me of sour sherbet lemons. To use, dampen feet in the shower and step out of the stream of the shower, with dry hands break off a small chunk of the product and scrub it onto your feet. Do not use the whole scrub at once and do not get the scrub wet as it will dissolve too quickly! Only use a small bit at a time and you will be set. Once you get the hang of using it, you should find that it works rather well. I like to use it particularly after rough days at uni or work where I've been walking all day and need to relax.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I agree with another review that sadly some people don't know how to use this so are leavingt bad reviews. It does dissolve and crumble very quickly but the crumbling part isn't as negative as people think. You're meant to crumble a small chunk of the product over your wet feet and rub it in and then wash it off. I find it leaves a nice fresh smell and my feet are pretty smooth. I usually use this after I've used a pumice stone, I'm pretty sure this product is not really meant to replace one.

This seems to be one of the more unpopular LUSH products, and while I can understand why, I think some of it has to do with how people use it.

You can't use this like a pumice stone. As a lot of people have noted, once it gets saturated with water, it will begin to dissolve very quickly. You also don't want to use the entire block of product at one time.

I find the best way to use this is to break off small chunks at a time. Don't run the chunk under water or submerge it. If you've been soaking your feet in a basin or the bath, shake off most of the water from your foot (or better yet, blot it until there's just a little moisture left on the skin), and THEN scrub the chunk of Stepping Stone over your foot. The less water gets mixed into the process, the less the stone will dissolve. Because of this, I don't recommend using this while taking a shower unless you turn the water off first.

Using it this way, the chunks of product last much longer, and instead of just fizzing away, it will form a rough, scrubby paste on the foot that can then be massaged into the skin after you've stopped scrubbing with the chunk itself. I can get about a dozen uses out of each Stepping Stone, which actually makes it a pretty good value.

This product doesn't replace a firm pumice stone for me (I have chronically dry, rough feet), but if you're willing to work with the product's quirks and limitations, it does work. This is a staple when I do an at-home pedicure. I use a firm pumice stone or foot file first, then follow with this for extra buffing. The lemongrass scent is very pleasant and refreshing, and my feet do feel softer after this versus just using my pumice or file.