China Glaze Emerald Fitzgerald

China Glaze Emerald Fitzgerald
Emerald Fitzgerald

on 9/3/2012 12:03:00 AM

This color was a bit confusing on me...It's not a blue or green but a dark teal mix...Was very mysterious but it still looked nice. I'm on and off on this one...=T

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I'm giving this color a four, despite the fact that it's not my favorite color to wear. I thought I would love Emerald Fitzgerald. The name is clever, and I love dark shades that are dark enough to look slightly vampy but not black. I just don't love this shade, though I'm giving it another whirl this fall to see if I change my mind. It's a beautiful shade, a deep teal that looks more blue/green depending on the light, but it looks mostly green on my yellow-toned skin. I think the formula on this particular polish is pretty good for a China Glaze. It's almost opaque in one coat! I really, honestly could've gotten away with one coat, but I just like to apply two to be on the safe side. If you like deep green shades, I think this is an awesome color for fall. I just need to learn that greens don't suit me that well!

I really liked this color. I got it on clearance a few weeks ago so it wasn't the normal price for China Glaze. I love love love greens so this was a win for me. It has a certain thing about it. Like microscopic shine particles. Very lovely.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I think this is such a wonderful nail polish. The color is gorgeous and looks amazing on nails. The application is easy and pleasant, I usually apply two coats and it looks/lasts just great.

Awesome color but sadly not unique (dupe is OPI Cuckoo for This Color). I wear this color all the time because it has absolutely flawless application and is almost opaque in one coat. Very beautiful.

The color is really beautiful. If you look deep into it you can see tiny sparkles. It is a very descreet dark green. I'm a dark polish wearer and I really liked this color and would wear it again. Easy to apply and to clean. 4 because it chipped relatively quick, but that may have been accentuated by my peeling nails.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Emerald Fitzgerald was released with the 2010 Vintage Vixens collection. It is a deep teal color with tiny flecks that create the "frost." I don't feel like it is a typical frost, though, in that it doesn't take away from the actual color. I almost feel like it has more a very fine sparkle, rather than frost...but they are listed as being frost. :-) Sometimes when I look at my nails they take on more of a green color, and other times more blue. Its a wonderful color, just not as special as I thought it would be. While I like it, I'm just not overly excited about wearing it...which I'm shocked by. I really thought I'd be over the moon about it. The consistency was very easy to work with. It wasn't runny, just thin enough that it was easily spread across the nails. I had to apply 2 coats to avoid any sheer/bald spots created by dragging of the brush. I do think this is one of those polishes you can't really play around with while applying. Put on your layer and move to the next nail...the more you try and fix up each layer AS applying that layer, the more polish you actually pull up and away...and thats where the streaking and such comes in. I purchased mine for $3.25 or $3.50 (can't recall ATM)

Popular Polishes