Bobbi Brown Hydrating Gel Cream

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Bobbi Brown Hydrating Gel Cream

4.2

INGREDIENTS: WATER\AQUA\EAU [] CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE [] TRIBEHENIN PEG-20 ESTERS [] BUTYLENE GLYCOL [] CYCLOHEXASILOXANE [] GLYCERIN [] GLYCERYL STEARATE [] DIMETHICONE [] IMPERATA CYLINDRICA ROOT EXTRACT [] LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER) [] ELETTARIA CARDAMOMUM (CARDAMOM) [] ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) [] ROSA CANINA (ROSE) FRUIT OIL [] CORIANDRUM SATIVUM (CORIANDER) SEED OIL [] JASMINUM OFFICINALE (JASMINE) [] CHOLESTEROL [] TREHALOSE [] HYDROXYPROLINE [] PROLINE [] CAPRYLYL GLYCOL [] PHYTOSPHINGOSINE [] PHYTANTRIOL [] ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN [] CYCLOPENTASILOXANE [] ACRYLATES COPOLYMER [] LINOLEIC ACID [] DIMETHICONOL [] PEG-8 [] SODIUM HYALURONATE [] TOCOPHEROL [] ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER [] ASCORBYL PALMITATE [] GLYCINE [] SODIUM CARBOMER [] ASCORBIC ACID [] XANTHAN GUM [] SODIUM CITRATE [] PHENOXYETHANOL

on 10/17/2018 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

It's a great cream but depends on what you are looking for. This is not matte, it leaves a shiny film that makes you look young and healthy and glowy. However, I'm afraid being glowy is not everybody's cup of tea. Also, when I had sensitised skin due to retinol treatments, this cream made my skin burn. When I started using it I thought it made me break out, but after giving it a second chance I've almost emptied the jar and there are no breakouts at sight. I do like it, it does hydrate my skin and doesn't feel heavy on the skin. I like it gives a healthy glow and shine to skin and I believe it does go well under foundation, it makes it glide smoothly. It is pricey though, there must be similar creams for a lower price. Overall, I think Bobbi Brown products are high quality and deliver.

on 12/21/2014 9:07:00 AM

Tried MANY moisturizers, from different brands and consistency, by far this is the BEST I've ever come across (as a day moisturizer). Good thing about this product, no SPF! Wonderful for me because I prefer separate sunscreen, an SPF moisturizer + different sunscreen = breakouts/clogged pores for me.

The product spreads smoothly and evenly, moisturizing my skin for hours, and it felt so good and light! Never thought this product is such a bullseye spot on for my dehydrated skin. I like the packaging but it's only good for a display, for real life usage is a bit annoying, I have to steal my SKII spatulas to scoop the product out. Also, not good for traveling purposes. Other than that, I'm more than happy with the product. Definetely will repurchase!

on 7/25/2013 8:22:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This has been a great moisturizer for me. I have combo skin with dry patches around my nose, and although this hasn't eliminated the dry spots 100%, it has helped a great deal. My skin is calmer overall. The cream absorbs beautifully and moisturizes well without feeling heavy. I recently discovered that I can apply my powder foundation without a primer when using this moisturizer. The scent is fresh but not overly strong or lingering. I've had no unexpected breakouts using this. I started using the hydrating gel cream in the summer, but I think it performs well enough to be a year-round moisturizer. Will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Other, Tan, Warm

I really wanted to like this since gel creams are my favorite form of hydrators/moisturizers. This applies quite easily and absorbs rather quickly however it leaves my skin so shiny that I *look* like I applied a layer of vaseline - though it doesn't feel greasy. In fact it leaves my face feeling quite good Overall, I can't recommend this because of the grease-slick look and that's also the reason I rated it only 3 out of 5. I wanted to really like it but in the final analysis it's only a bit above average.

on 2/25/2013 9:24:00 PM

This was a sample I got when I was getting Pretty Powerful signed by Bobbi in September and I just chucked it in my bag thought "Oh this is nice, but I'm not sure if I would use it since I have bountiful amounts of creams"

Fast forward to December, Texas weather is constantly changing and it was dry and cold as can be and I didn't feel like using my primer. So I couldn't find my "good occasion" gel moisturizer I looked for this one and... it feels pretty nice actually.

Now I blend it with my liquid makeup to give it that nice dewy glow, and for some reason I really like this smell it's not offensive, it smells like there's like a white pepper scent to it? It's light, you might not tell.

Good thing is, it doesn't break me out, especially weird since it comes in a jar and they're not the most hygenic. I like the way it feels, it's light, can be used for any skin type just have to apply it right! Not really sure if I can speak for the tender-skinned because I don't have sensitive skin but most Bobbi products don't bother people. I use it underneath my makeup, swirl it in with liquid base. Done. Healthy skin.

If you're looking for some miracle properties in this, skip it unless you just need some good hydration. I'm glad I got this as a sample 'cause I cannot afford a full size. haha.

on 5/14/2012 1:12:00 AM

Love this moisturizer for my dry/dehydrated skin - it has really done wonders in terms of calming my skin down and reducing breakouts. It also works as a great foundation primer to thumbs up to that. The packaging could use a tune up, I don't like having to stick my fingers in the little container, its neither comfortable nor convenient - what is it about putting things in a pump container that is so difficult for so many manufacturers?? Don't they know it would make our lives so much easier? Anyway, that's all that I have to rant about with this product. Other than, of course, I wish it was cheaper - BB products are muy expensivo but if it works, it works!

on 11/4/2011 3:29:00 AM

Love the texture. Perfect for combo skin. Skin feels silky smooth after. Works as a primer. Slightly scented, lovely. Will buy again.

on 4/19/2011 2:00:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I've been using this moisturizer for about 3 months now, so I can accurately give my opinion on this product... Which I LOVE! I have combination skin, but my entire moisturizer-using life I've been drawn towards oil free moisturizers. Everyone said that if your skin is on the oily side, go for oil free. But that's not always the case. Basically (for some skin types that tend to be more oily) if you avoid oils like the plague, your skin produces more, which does make sense. So if you use a moisturizer with oil, over time your skin will begin to produce less oil. This moisturizer is not oil free, but rather gel based... Giving combination skin the best of both worlds. I find it hydrates my skin perfectly in my more dry areas, while not weighing down my oily areas. I have also noticed my skin definitely produces less oil than when I started using this product. Although something to note, it does not go on matte at all (for me). Not insanely shiny, but I wouldn't put this on and then go out. I'd definitely at least put on some powder to dull down the shine it leaves. But even so, this moisturizer is just perfect. If you don't like product that are scented, stay away, it definitely has a scent (which I enjoy). And at the seemingly steep price of $50, if you're like me and have yet to find the perfect moisturizer, give this a try, it may be yours as well! Therefore making the price tag well worth it :)

on 3/6/2011 2:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

While the price is steep ($50), this is an excellent light moisturizer for oily, acne-prone skin. Since my skin is very oily and easily susceptible to breakouts, it's difficult for me to find a moisturizer that's not too heavy or that doesn't break me out. I also like the fact that it doesn't leave my face feeling tacky or sticky. I've had good success with this moisturizer, and just repurchased since I ran out! It doesn't leave me shiny, and I find the light scent pleasant as well. Highly recommended for oily skin!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This irritated my skin. The smell is way too strong. Not good for sensitive skin :( Priced way too high too. Just not for me.