Bobbi Brown Hydrating Gel Cream

Filtered by hair type : Other
Bobbi Brown Hydrating Gel Cream

2.5

INGREDIENTS: WATER\AQUA\EAU [] CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE [] TRIBEHENIN PEG-20 ESTERS [] BUTYLENE GLYCOL [] CYCLOHEXASILOXANE [] GLYCERIN [] GLYCERYL STEARATE [] DIMETHICONE [] IMPERATA CYLINDRICA ROOT EXTRACT [] LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER) [] ELETTARIA CARDAMOMUM (CARDAMOM) [] ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) [] ROSA CANINA (ROSE) FRUIT OIL [] CORIANDRUM SATIVUM (CORIANDER) SEED OIL [] JASMINUM OFFICINALE (JASMINE) [] CHOLESTEROL [] TREHALOSE [] HYDROXYPROLINE [] PROLINE [] CAPRYLYL GLYCOL [] PHYTOSPHINGOSINE [] PHYTANTRIOL [] ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN [] CYCLOPENTASILOXANE [] ACRYLATES COPOLYMER [] LINOLEIC ACID [] DIMETHICONOL [] PEG-8 [] SODIUM HYALURONATE [] TOCOPHEROL [] ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER [] ASCORBYL PALMITATE [] GLYCINE [] SODIUM CARBOMER [] ASCORBIC ACID [] XANTHAN GUM [] SODIUM CITRATE [] PHENOXYETHANOL

Skin: Other, Tan, Warm

I really wanted to like this since gel creams are my favorite form of hydrators/moisturizers. This applies quite easily and absorbs rather quickly however it leaves my skin so shiny that I *look* like I applied a layer of vaseline - though it doesn't feel greasy. In fact it leaves my face feeling quite good Overall, I can't recommend this because of the grease-slick look and that's also the reason I rated it only 3 out of 5. I wanted to really like it but in the final analysis it's only a bit above average.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Well for starters this New Gel cream is geared towards people with normal to oily & combination skin types. Which would be me. And having tried the Hydrating face cream and found it just a touch too hydrating and the vitamin face base too shiny I LOVE this! I apply this right after the intensive skin supplement and it gives just enough moisture without making me look shiny or greasy. It has a nice smell too. All of Bobbi's Hydrating line packaging has changed as well. Its no longer in heavy glass jars but in acrylic type durable plastic. And for the price I know that this will last a good 1.5 to 3 months. It takes very little.

EDIT: 4/1/11

Okay, so this was a great moisturizer for about... a minute. I used this for about a week before I decided that it just wasn't for me. I believe that this will work much better for those of you with truly oily skin. For those of us with Normal to Oily skin & Normal to Dry skin, I would recommend the Vitamin Face Base. It has Shea butter and I find it more hydrating. Over all I would only recommend getting a sample & at least try it.