Bobbi Brown Hydrating Gel Cream

Bobbi Brown Hydrating Gel Cream

INGREDIENTS: WATER\AQUA\EAU [] CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE [] TRIBEHENIN PEG-20 ESTERS [] BUTYLENE GLYCOL [] CYCLOHEXASILOXANE [] GLYCERIN [] GLYCERYL STEARATE [] DIMETHICONE [] IMPERATA CYLINDRICA ROOT EXTRACT [] LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER) [] ELETTARIA CARDAMOMUM (CARDAMOM) [] ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) [] ROSA CANINA (ROSE) FRUIT OIL [] CORIANDRUM SATIVUM (CORIANDER) SEED OIL [] JASMINUM OFFICINALE (JASMINE) [] CHOLESTEROL [] TREHALOSE [] HYDROXYPROLINE [] PROLINE [] CAPRYLYL GLYCOL [] PHYTOSPHINGOSINE [] PHYTANTRIOL [] ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN [] CYCLOPENTASILOXANE [] ACRYLATES COPOLYMER [] LINOLEIC ACID [] DIMETHICONOL [] PEG-8 [] SODIUM HYALURONATE [] TOCOPHEROL [] ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER [] ASCORBYL PALMITATE [] GLYCINE [] SODIUM CARBOMER [] ASCORBIC ACID [] XANTHAN GUM [] SODIUM CITRATE [] PHENOXYETHANOL

on 10/17/2018 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

It's a great cream but depends on what you are looking for. This is not matte, it leaves a shiny film that makes you look young and healthy and glowy. However, I'm afraid being glowy is not everybody's cup of tea. Also, when I had sensitised skin due to retinol treatments, this cream made my skin burn. When I started using it I thought it made me break out, but after giving it a second chance I've almost emptied the jar and there are no breakouts at sight. I do like it, it does hydrate my skin and doesn't feel heavy on the skin. I like it gives a healthy glow and shine to skin and I believe it does go well under foundation, it makes it glide smoothly. It is pricey though, there must be similar creams for a lower price. Overall, I think Bobbi Brown products are high quality and deliver.

on 12/9/2017 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I've tried A LOT of expensive face creams from various high end brands and must say this is one of those impressive ones. It is very hydrating yet doesn't feel heavy on the skin, which is why I went for the gel version insted the cream one. However, something gel creams usually do, is that they to leave the skin "matte", which I don't like at all because my skin gets very uncomfortably tight, red and itchy during the day. This product leaves some sort of a comforting film over the face, at least for me. I sometimes also mix it with some facial oil droplets, but during day time over a hydrating serum in winter, it is a perfect go-go. I've got quite a sensitive skin type, but didn't experience any side effects.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I cannot live without this magical cream. I use this every day without fail underneath my makeup, and it's creamy consistency allows for a perfect, smooth base under foundation. I believe that this also acts in a similar way to a primer, whilst hydrating the skin at the same time. I don't know what it is about this cream, but nothing works quite the same on my skin. It helps to heal any blemish that appears on my cheeks (my main problem area). I really noticed this when unfortunately I ran out of this cream and couldn't repurchase it as it was sold out EVERYWHERE. my skin became a problem again, and I was so upset that I couldn't get hold of this. I finally have again however, and I am now on my fourth pot in two years. I will continue to buy this foreverrrrrrrr and prey that it never gets discontinued! :)

on 12/21/2014 9:07:00 AM

Tried MANY moisturizers, from different brands and consistency, by far this is the BEST I've ever come across (as a day moisturizer). Good thing about this product, no SPF! Wonderful for me because I prefer separate sunscreen, an SPF moisturizer + different sunscreen = breakouts/clogged pores for me.

The product spreads smoothly and evenly, moisturizing my skin for hours, and it felt so good and light! Never thought this product is such a bullseye spot on for my dehydrated skin. I like the packaging but it's only good for a display, for real life usage is a bit annoying, I have to steal my SKII spatulas to scoop the product out. Also, not good for traveling purposes. Other than that, I'm more than happy with the product. Definetely will repurchase!

on 10/20/2014 7:47:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I found this product brilliant on my skin. Your skin stays hydrated all day and feels smooth and soft. I had very dry cheeks and an oily t-zone and this is perfect for it! my cheeks are no longer dry and de hydrated and my oily t-zone is controlled. I haven't received any dry patches on my face since and its stopped the irritation of my dry cheeks. I've struggled for years with finding different moisturisers for my skin type, and I've finally found the right one and don't think I'd be able to live without it now!

on 8/18/2014 12:01:00 PM

This is a truly HG product for me that I just keep going back to. I have combination VERY sensitive skin and this is the only moisturiser I've ever found that hydrated without it irritating my skin. Even 'natural' products leave my skin raw and red, I recently had horrendous experience with origins ginzing and night-a-mins that left me with really sore skin and terrible acne on my right cheek. Switching back to this almost instantly soothed my skin and two weeks later my acne has completely cleared up, although unfortunately the indented scars have not. However, the dry patches around my nose do need little extra face oil to subside but my oily t zone is kept in check. The only other criticism I have is the unhygienic pot, a pump would be at better but I suppose since I use this morning and evening I get through it quite quickly (which unfortunately also makes it quite pricey). Love this product, it's definitely a permanent fixture in my skincare routine.

on 7/25/2013 8:22:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This has been a great moisturizer for me. I have combo skin with dry patches around my nose, and although this hasn't eliminated the dry spots 100%, it has helped a great deal. My skin is calmer overall. The cream absorbs beautifully and moisturizes well without feeling heavy. I recently discovered that I can apply my powder foundation without a primer when using this moisturizer. The scent is fresh but not overly strong or lingering. I've had no unexpected breakouts using this. I started using the hydrating gel cream in the summer, but I think it performs well enough to be a year-round moisturizer. Will definitely repurchase.

on 2/9/2013 10:26:00 AM

Great product. Hydrates my skin without leaving it greasy. Perfect way to prime my face before applying makeup. Though expensive, it lasts for a long time, as I need only use a small amount to moisturise my entire face. Also very gentle on my sensitive skin.

on 11/4/2011 3:29:00 AM

Love the texture. Perfect for combo skin. Skin feels silky smooth after. Works as a primer. Slightly scented, lovely. Will buy again.

on 4/19/2011 2:00:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I've been using this moisturizer for about 3 months now, so I can accurately give my opinion on this product... Which I LOVE! I have combination skin, but my entire moisturizer-using life I've been drawn towards oil free moisturizers. Everyone said that if your skin is on the oily side, go for oil free. But that's not always the case. Basically (for some skin types that tend to be more oily) if you avoid oils like the plague, your skin produces more, which does make sense. So if you use a moisturizer with oil, over time your skin will begin to produce less oil. This moisturizer is not oil free, but rather gel based... Giving combination skin the best of both worlds. I find it hydrates my skin perfectly in my more dry areas, while not weighing down my oily areas. I have also noticed my skin definitely produces less oil than when I started using this product. Although something to note, it does not go on matte at all (for me). Not insanely shiny, but I wouldn't put this on and then go out. I'd definitely at least put on some powder to dull down the shine it leaves. But even so, this moisturizer is just perfect. If you don't like product that are scented, stay away, it definitely has a scent (which I enjoy). And at the seemingly steep price of $50, if you're like me and have yet to find the perfect moisturizer, give this a try, it may be yours as well! Therefore making the price tag well worth it :)