Bobbi Brown Hydrating Gel Cream

Bobbi Brown Hydrating Gel Cream

INGREDIENTS: WATER\AQUA\EAU [] CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE [] TRIBEHENIN PEG-20 ESTERS [] BUTYLENE GLYCOL [] CYCLOHEXASILOXANE [] GLYCERIN [] GLYCERYL STEARATE [] DIMETHICONE [] IMPERATA CYLINDRICA ROOT EXTRACT [] LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER) [] ELETTARIA CARDAMOMUM (CARDAMOM) [] ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) [] ROSA CANINA (ROSE) FRUIT OIL [] CORIANDRUM SATIVUM (CORIANDER) SEED OIL [] JASMINUM OFFICINALE (JASMINE) [] CHOLESTEROL [] TREHALOSE [] HYDROXYPROLINE [] PROLINE [] CAPRYLYL GLYCOL [] PHYTOSPHINGOSINE [] PHYTANTRIOL [] ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN [] CYCLOPENTASILOXANE [] ACRYLATES COPOLYMER [] LINOLEIC ACID [] DIMETHICONOL [] PEG-8 [] SODIUM HYALURONATE [] TOCOPHEROL [] ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER [] ASCORBYL PALMITATE [] GLYCINE [] SODIUM CARBOMER [] ASCORBIC ACID [] XANTHAN GUM [] SODIUM CITRATE [] PHENOXYETHANOL

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This left my face feeling really soft and hydrated but after 30 minutes I had to wash it off. I am very sensitive to smells and this cream had a very strong unpleasant odor. It smelled like dirty gym socks to me and it lingered until I couldn't stand it anymore. Glad it was a sample so I didn't have to deal with returning the product.

on 10/16/2015 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I wanted to love this when I purchased it - I'm sure it is a very high quality product. But it broke me out. I do not think it clogged my pores, I think my skin reacted to an ingredient. There was another Bobbi Brown moisturizer that had the same effect, so it must have had the same ingredient - I can't remember the name of that one, though. These have been the only moisturizers to have caused a reaction in my skin.

I liked the original version of this and have used in the past as a 'winter' cream, so when the gel cream version just came out in the UK in time for summer i thought it was just what i needed for my combo skin. But it just looks quite greasy and shiny on me, and the intense fragrance really irratated my sensitive skin. I have a little redness around the sides of my nose and after a few mins of applying this cream the redness did get worse. Foundation didnt go on as well over it as when i use my clarins cream. Back to clinique's dramatically different moisturing gel-cream for me for summer, never lets me down :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This irritated my skin. The smell is way too strong. Not good for sensitive skin :( Priced way too high too. Just not for me.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Well for starters this New Gel cream is geared towards people with normal to oily & combination skin types. Which would be me. And having tried the Hydrating face cream and found it just a touch too hydrating and the vitamin face base too shiny I LOVE this! I apply this right after the intensive skin supplement and it gives just enough moisture without making me look shiny or greasy. It has a nice smell too. All of Bobbi's Hydrating line packaging has changed as well. Its no longer in heavy glass jars but in acrylic type durable plastic. And for the price I know that this will last a good 1.5 to 3 months. It takes very little.

EDIT: 4/1/11

Okay, so this was a great moisturizer for about... a minute. I used this for about a week before I decided that it just wasn't for me. I believe that this will work much better for those of you with truly oily skin. For those of us with Normal to Oily skin & Normal to Dry skin, I would recommend the Vitamin Face Base. It has Shea butter and I find it more hydrating. Over all I would only recommend getting a sample & at least try it.

on 12/21/2014 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have normal/dry skin and was looking for a lighter moisturizer to use during the summer months. The cream feels nice going on, sinks in fast, making my skin feel comfortable. However, the effect does not last so this is not enough moisture for me. Also, using this product would be much more hygienic and practical for travel if it came in a tube instead of the heavy glass jar. Ingredients would also be much less exposed to oxygen that way. Looks very pretty on the vanity, but not practical.

on 3/18/2014 4:43:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

It brightens the face and it is truly hydrating. This cream feels light and acts as a good base for makeup. It absorbs nicely and does not look shiny. There is no strong smell to it, and I have a very sensitive nose. The only thing I didn't like was that it does not contain spf. The other problem was that it caused small pimples here and there on the first use. I believe that the reason for this causing breakouts in some people is the rose oil in it. Of you search the internet you will see that rose oil is acnegenic.

on 4/30/2013 11:36:00 AM

Purchased to use as a moisturizer/primer under the new long wear finish compact foundation (at the makeup artisits suggestion). Has a strong herbal smell, and applies nicely. However, after using a few times, it caused breakouts (and I very rarely get a pimple).

Skin: Other, Tan, Warm

I really wanted to like this since gel creams are my favorite form of hydrators/moisturizers. This applies quite easily and absorbs rather quickly however it leaves my skin so shiny that I *look* like I applied a layer of vaseline - though it doesn't feel greasy. In fact it leaves my face feeling quite good Overall, I can't recommend this because of the grease-slick look and that's also the reason I rated it only 3 out of 5. I wanted to really like it but in the final analysis it's only a bit above average.

on 2/25/2013 9:24:00 PM

This was a sample I got when I was getting Pretty Powerful signed by Bobbi in September and I just chucked it in my bag thought "Oh this is nice, but I'm not sure if I would use it since I have bountiful amounts of creams"

Fast forward to December, Texas weather is constantly changing and it was dry and cold as can be and I didn't feel like using my primer. So I couldn't find my "good occasion" gel moisturizer I looked for this one and... it feels pretty nice actually.

Now I blend it with my liquid makeup to give it that nice dewy glow, and for some reason I really like this smell it's not offensive, it smells like there's like a white pepper scent to it? It's light, you might not tell.

Good thing is, it doesn't break me out, especially weird since it comes in a jar and they're not the most hygenic. I like the way it feels, it's light, can be used for any skin type just have to apply it right! Not really sure if I can speak for the tender-skinned because I don't have sensitive skin but most Bobbi products don't bother people. I use it underneath my makeup, swirl it in with liquid base. Done. Healthy skin.

If you're looking for some miracle properties in this, skip it unless you just need some good hydration. I'm glad I got this as a sample 'cause I cannot afford a full size. haha.