Bobbi Brown Hydrating Gel Cream

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Bobbi Brown Hydrating Gel Cream

4.2

INGREDIENTS: WATER\AQUA\EAU [] CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE [] TRIBEHENIN PEG-20 ESTERS [] BUTYLENE GLYCOL [] CYCLOHEXASILOXANE [] GLYCERIN [] GLYCERYL STEARATE [] DIMETHICONE [] IMPERATA CYLINDRICA ROOT EXTRACT [] LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER) [] ELETTARIA CARDAMOMUM (CARDAMOM) [] ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) [] ROSA CANINA (ROSE) FRUIT OIL [] CORIANDRUM SATIVUM (CORIANDER) SEED OIL [] JASMINUM OFFICINALE (JASMINE) [] CHOLESTEROL [] TREHALOSE [] HYDROXYPROLINE [] PROLINE [] CAPRYLYL GLYCOL [] PHYTOSPHINGOSINE [] PHYTANTRIOL [] ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN [] CYCLOPENTASILOXANE [] ACRYLATES COPOLYMER [] LINOLEIC ACID [] DIMETHICONOL [] PEG-8 [] SODIUM HYALURONATE [] TOCOPHEROL [] ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER [] ASCORBYL PALMITATE [] GLYCINE [] SODIUM CARBOMER [] ASCORBIC ACID [] XANTHAN GUM [] SODIUM CITRATE [] PHENOXYETHANOL

I liked the original version of this and have used in the past as a 'winter' cream, so when the gel cream version just came out in the UK in time for summer i thought it was just what i needed for my combo skin. But it just looks quite greasy and shiny on me, and the intense fragrance really irratated my sensitive skin. I have a little redness around the sides of my nose and after a few mins of applying this cream the redness did get worse. Foundation didnt go on as well over it as when i use my clarins cream. Back to clinique's dramatically different moisturing gel-cream for me for summer, never lets me down :)

on 2/25/2013 9:24:00 PM

This was a sample I got when I was getting Pretty Powerful signed by Bobbi in September and I just chucked it in my bag thought "Oh this is nice, but I'm not sure if I would use it since I have bountiful amounts of creams"

Fast forward to December, Texas weather is constantly changing and it was dry and cold as can be and I didn't feel like using my primer. So I couldn't find my "good occasion" gel moisturizer I looked for this one and... it feels pretty nice actually.

Now I blend it with my liquid makeup to give it that nice dewy glow, and for some reason I really like this smell it's not offensive, it smells like there's like a white pepper scent to it? It's light, you might not tell.

Good thing is, it doesn't break me out, especially weird since it comes in a jar and they're not the most hygenic. I like the way it feels, it's light, can be used for any skin type just have to apply it right! Not really sure if I can speak for the tender-skinned because I don't have sensitive skin but most Bobbi products don't bother people. I use it underneath my makeup, swirl it in with liquid base. Done. Healthy skin.

If you're looking for some miracle properties in this, skip it unless you just need some good hydration. I'm glad I got this as a sample 'cause I cannot afford a full size. haha.

on 12/9/2017 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I've tried A LOT of expensive face creams from various high end brands and must say this is one of those impressive ones. It is very hydrating yet doesn't feel heavy on the skin, which is why I went for the gel version insted the cream one. However, something gel creams usually do, is that they to leave the skin "matte", which I don't like at all because my skin gets very uncomfortably tight, red and itchy during the day. This product leaves some sort of a comforting film over the face, at least for me. I sometimes also mix it with some facial oil droplets, but during day time over a hydrating serum in winter, it is a perfect go-go. I've got quite a sensitive skin type, but didn't experience any side effects.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I cannot live without this magical cream. I use this every day without fail underneath my makeup, and it's creamy consistency allows for a perfect, smooth base under foundation. I believe that this also acts in a similar way to a primer, whilst hydrating the skin at the same time. I don't know what it is about this cream, but nothing works quite the same on my skin. It helps to heal any blemish that appears on my cheeks (my main problem area). I really noticed this when unfortunately I ran out of this cream and couldn't repurchase it as it was sold out EVERYWHERE. my skin became a problem again, and I was so upset that I couldn't get hold of this. I finally have again however, and I am now on my fourth pot in two years. I will continue to buy this foreverrrrrrrr and prey that it never gets discontinued! :)

on 12/21/2014 9:07:00 AM

Tried MANY moisturizers, from different brands and consistency, by far this is the BEST I've ever come across (as a day moisturizer). Good thing about this product, no SPF! Wonderful for me because I prefer separate sunscreen, an SPF moisturizer + different sunscreen = breakouts/clogged pores for me.

The product spreads smoothly and evenly, moisturizing my skin for hours, and it felt so good and light! Never thought this product is such a bullseye spot on for my dehydrated skin. I like the packaging but it's only good for a display, for real life usage is a bit annoying, I have to steal my SKII spatulas to scoop the product out. Also, not good for traveling purposes. Other than that, I'm more than happy with the product. Definetely will repurchase!

on 3/6/2011 2:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

While the price is steep ($50), this is an excellent light moisturizer for oily, acne-prone skin. Since my skin is very oily and easily susceptible to breakouts, it's difficult for me to find a moisturizer that's not too heavy or that doesn't break me out. I also like the fact that it doesn't leave my face feeling tacky or sticky. I've had good success with this moisturizer, and just repurchased since I ran out! It doesn't leave me shiny, and I find the light scent pleasant as well. Highly recommended for oily skin!