Bobbi Brown Hydrating Gel Cream

Bobbi Brown Hydrating Gel Cream

INGREDIENTS: WATER\AQUA\EAU [] CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE [] TRIBEHENIN PEG-20 ESTERS [] BUTYLENE GLYCOL [] CYCLOHEXASILOXANE [] GLYCERIN [] GLYCERYL STEARATE [] DIMETHICONE [] IMPERATA CYLINDRICA ROOT EXTRACT [] LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER) [] ELETTARIA CARDAMOMUM (CARDAMOM) [] ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) [] ROSA CANINA (ROSE) FRUIT OIL [] CORIANDRUM SATIVUM (CORIANDER) SEED OIL [] JASMINUM OFFICINALE (JASMINE) [] CHOLESTEROL [] TREHALOSE [] HYDROXYPROLINE [] PROLINE [] CAPRYLYL GLYCOL [] PHYTOSPHINGOSINE [] PHYTANTRIOL [] ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN [] CYCLOPENTASILOXANE [] ACRYLATES COPOLYMER [] LINOLEIC ACID [] DIMETHICONOL [] PEG-8 [] SODIUM HYALURONATE [] TOCOPHEROL [] ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER [] ASCORBYL PALMITATE [] GLYCINE [] SODIUM CARBOMER [] ASCORBIC ACID [] XANTHAN GUM [] SODIUM CITRATE [] PHENOXYETHANOL

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Well for starters this New Gel cream is geared towards people with normal to oily & combination skin types. Which would be me. And having tried the Hydrating face cream and found it just a touch too hydrating and the vitamin face base too shiny I LOVE this! I apply this right after the intensive skin supplement and it gives just enough moisture without making me look shiny or greasy. It has a nice smell too. All of Bobbi's Hydrating line packaging has changed as well. Its no longer in heavy glass jars but in acrylic type durable plastic. And for the price I know that this will last a good 1.5 to 3 months. It takes very little.

EDIT: 4/1/11

Okay, so this was a great moisturizer for about... a minute. I used this for about a week before I decided that it just wasn't for me. I believe that this will work much better for those of you with truly oily skin. For those of us with Normal to Oily skin & Normal to Dry skin, I would recommend the Vitamin Face Base. It has Shea butter and I find it more hydrating. Over all I would only recommend getting a sample & at least try it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I cannot live without this magical cream. I use this every day without fail underneath my makeup, and it's creamy consistency allows for a perfect, smooth base under foundation. I believe that this also acts in a similar way to a primer, whilst hydrating the skin at the same time. I don't know what it is about this cream, but nothing works quite the same on my skin. It helps to heal any blemish that appears on my cheeks (my main problem area). I really noticed this when unfortunately I ran out of this cream and couldn't repurchase it as it was sold out EVERYWHERE. my skin became a problem again, and I was so upset that I couldn't get hold of this. I finally have again however, and I am now on my fourth pot in two years. I will continue to buy this foreverrrrrrrr and prey that it never gets discontinued! :)

This moisturizer is fantastic! It's not heavy or greasy like the Extra SPF25 I had previously. Works great as a base for makeup too. The Smell is light and fresh and keeps me hydrated all day. Only negative is the packaging. A pump would be easier. I would purchase again!

It's the best cream i've ever used! No kidding. I've been using sisley, la mer, etc...for ages, and this cream beats all of them. Although uou do need a high-end serum to use in conjuction with it since it will only moisturize your skin (beautifully!!!!). Will buy again. the price is £33, not bad at all for the quality of the product.
Well done Bobbi!

on 10/17/2018 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

It's a great cream but depends on what you are looking for. This is not matte, it leaves a shiny film that makes you look young and healthy and glowy. However, I'm afraid being glowy is not everybody's cup of tea. Also, when I had sensitised skin due to retinol treatments, this cream made my skin burn. When I started using it I thought it made me break out, but after giving it a second chance I've almost emptied the jar and there are no breakouts at sight. I do like it, it does hydrate my skin and doesn't feel heavy on the skin. I like it gives a healthy glow and shine to skin and I believe it does go well under foundation, it makes it glide smoothly. It is pricey though, there must be similar creams for a lower price. Overall, I think Bobbi Brown products are high quality and deliver.

on 10/20/2014 7:47:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I found this product brilliant on my skin. Your skin stays hydrated all day and feels smooth and soft. I had very dry cheeks and an oily t-zone and this is perfect for it! my cheeks are no longer dry and de hydrated and my oily t-zone is controlled. I haven't received any dry patches on my face since and its stopped the irritation of my dry cheeks. I've struggled for years with finding different moisturisers for my skin type, and I've finally found the right one and don't think I'd be able to live without it now!

Skin: Other, Tan, Warm

I really wanted to like this since gel creams are my favorite form of hydrators/moisturizers. This applies quite easily and absorbs rather quickly however it leaves my skin so shiny that I *look* like I applied a layer of vaseline - though it doesn't feel greasy. In fact it leaves my face feeling quite good Overall, I can't recommend this because of the grease-slick look and that's also the reason I rated it only 3 out of 5. I wanted to really like it but in the final analysis it's only a bit above average.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This left my face feeling really soft and hydrated but after 30 minutes I had to wash it off. I am very sensitive to smells and this cream had a very strong unpleasant odor. It smelled like dirty gym socks to me and it lingered until I couldn't stand it anymore. Glad it was a sample so I didn't have to deal with returning the product.

I liked the original version of this and have used in the past as a 'winter' cream, so when the gel cream version just came out in the UK in time for summer i thought it was just what i needed for my combo skin. But it just looks quite greasy and shiny on me, and the intense fragrance really irratated my sensitive skin. I have a little redness around the sides of my nose and after a few mins of applying this cream the redness did get worse. Foundation didnt go on as well over it as when i use my clarins cream. Back to clinique's dramatically different moisturing gel-cream for me for summer, never lets me down :)

on 4/19/2011 2:00:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I've been using this moisturizer for about 3 months now, so I can accurately give my opinion on this product... Which I LOVE! I have combination skin, but my entire moisturizer-using life I've been drawn towards oil free moisturizers. Everyone said that if your skin is on the oily side, go for oil free. But that's not always the case. Basically (for some skin types that tend to be more oily) if you avoid oils like the plague, your skin produces more, which does make sense. So if you use a moisturizer with oil, over time your skin will begin to produce less oil. This moisturizer is not oil free, but rather gel based... Giving combination skin the best of both worlds. I find it hydrates my skin perfectly in my more dry areas, while not weighing down my oily areas. I have also noticed my skin definitely produces less oil than when I started using this product. Although something to note, it does not go on matte at all (for me). Not insanely shiny, but I wouldn't put this on and then go out. I'd definitely at least put on some powder to dull down the shine it leaves. But even so, this moisturizer is just perfect. If you don't like product that are scented, stay away, it definitely has a scent (which I enjoy). And at the seemingly steep price of $50, if you're like me and have yet to find the perfect moisturizer, give this a try, it may be yours as well! Therefore making the price tag well worth it :)