Bobbi Brown Hydrating Gel Cream

Bobbi Brown Hydrating Gel Cream

3.9

INGREDIENTS: WATER\AQUA\EAU [] CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE [] TRIBEHENIN PEG-20 ESTERS [] BUTYLENE GLYCOL [] CYCLOHEXASILOXANE [] GLYCERIN [] GLYCERYL STEARATE [] DIMETHICONE [] IMPERATA CYLINDRICA ROOT EXTRACT [] LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER) [] ELETTARIA CARDAMOMUM (CARDAMOM) [] ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) [] ROSA CANINA (ROSE) FRUIT OIL [] CORIANDRUM SATIVUM (CORIANDER) SEED OIL [] JASMINUM OFFICINALE (JASMINE) [] CHOLESTEROL [] TREHALOSE [] HYDROXYPROLINE [] PROLINE [] CAPRYLYL GLYCOL [] PHYTOSPHINGOSINE [] PHYTANTRIOL [] ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN [] CYCLOPENTASILOXANE [] ACRYLATES COPOLYMER [] LINOLEIC ACID [] DIMETHICONOL [] PEG-8 [] SODIUM HYALURONATE [] TOCOPHEROL [] ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER [] ASCORBYL PALMITATE [] GLYCINE [] SODIUM CARBOMER [] ASCORBIC ACID [] XANTHAN GUM [] SODIUM CITRATE [] PHENOXYETHANOL

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Well for starters this New Gel cream is geared towards people with normal to oily & combination skin types. Which would be me. And having tried the Hydrating face cream and found it just a touch too hydrating and the vitamin face base too shiny I LOVE this! I apply this right after the intensive skin supplement and it gives just enough moisture without making me look shiny or greasy. It has a nice smell too. All of Bobbi's Hydrating line packaging has changed as well. Its no longer in heavy glass jars but in acrylic type durable plastic. And for the price I know that this will last a good 1.5 to 3 months. It takes very little.

EDIT: 4/1/11

Okay, so this was a great moisturizer for about... a minute. I used this for about a week before I decided that it just wasn't for me. I believe that this will work much better for those of you with truly oily skin. For those of us with Normal to Oily skin & Normal to Dry skin, I would recommend the Vitamin Face Base. It has Shea butter and I find it more hydrating. Over all I would only recommend getting a sample & at least try it.

It's the best cream i've ever used! No kidding. I've been using sisley, la mer, etc...for ages, and this cream beats all of them. Although uou do need a high-end serum to use in conjuction with it since it will only moisturize your skin (beautifully!!!!). Will buy again. the price is 33, not bad at all for the quality of the product.
Well done Bobbi!

This moisturizer is fantastic! It's not heavy or greasy like the Extra SPF25 I had previously. Works great as a base for makeup too. The Smell is light and fresh and keeps me hydrated all day. Only negative is the packaging. A pump would be easier. I would purchase again!

on 10/12/2010 9:05:00 PM

It is really a tough job to find a cream for my skin because I have very oily skin at T-zone and check, and very dry skin around lip. I bought this cream gel 3 days ago, and I used it every morning as the last step of my skincare routin, this is very very good, I have less oil during the day, and I did not feel any dryness. I am using the Cle de peau $500 cream every night.

on 10/13/2010 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Im in love with it!...best moisturizer ever...great primer too!!
Cant wait to get the serum too!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This irritated my skin. The smell is way too strong. Not good for sensitive skin :( Priced way too high too. Just not for me.

on 3/6/2011 2:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

While the price is steep ($50), this is an excellent light moisturizer for oily, acne-prone skin. Since my skin is very oily and easily susceptible to breakouts, it's difficult for me to find a moisturizer that's not too heavy or that doesn't break me out. I also like the fact that it doesn't leave my face feeling tacky or sticky. I've had good success with this moisturizer, and just repurchased since I ran out! It doesn't leave me shiny, and I find the light scent pleasant as well. Highly recommended for oily skin!

on 4/19/2011 2:00:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I've been using this moisturizer for about 3 months now, so I can accurately give my opinion on this product... Which I LOVE! I have combination skin, but my entire moisturizer-using life I've been drawn towards oil free moisturizers. Everyone said that if your skin is on the oily side, go for oil free. But that's not always the case. Basically (for some skin types that tend to be more oily) if you avoid oils like the plague, your skin produces more, which does make sense. So if you use a moisturizer with oil, over time your skin will begin to produce less oil. This moisturizer is not oil free, but rather gel based... Giving combination skin the best of both worlds. I find it hydrates my skin perfectly in my more dry areas, while not weighing down my oily areas. I have also noticed my skin definitely produces less oil than when I started using this product. Although something to note, it does not go on matte at all (for me). Not insanely shiny, but I wouldn't put this on and then go out. I'd definitely at least put on some powder to dull down the shine it leaves. But even so, this moisturizer is just perfect. If you don't like product that are scented, stay away, it definitely has a scent (which I enjoy). And at the seemingly steep price of $50, if you're like me and have yet to find the perfect moisturizer, give this a try, it may be yours as well! Therefore making the price tag well worth it :)

I liked the original version of this and have used in the past as a 'winter' cream, so when the gel cream version just came out in the UK in time for summer i thought it was just what i needed for my combo skin. But it just looks quite greasy and shiny on me, and the intense fragrance really irratated my sensitive skin. I have a little redness around the sides of my nose and after a few mins of applying this cream the redness did get worse. Foundation didnt go on as well over it as when i use my clarins cream. Back to clinique's dramatically different moisturing gel-cream for me for summer, never lets me down :)

on 11/4/2011 3:29:00 AM

Love the texture. Perfect for combo skin. Skin feels silky smooth after. Works as a primer. Slightly scented, lovely. Will buy again.