Bobbi Brown Hydrating Gel Cream

Filtered by age: 19-24
Bobbi Brown Hydrating Gel Cream

4.4

INGREDIENTS: WATER\AQUA\EAU [] CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE [] TRIBEHENIN PEG-20 ESTERS [] BUTYLENE GLYCOL [] CYCLOHEXASILOXANE [] GLYCERIN [] GLYCERYL STEARATE [] DIMETHICONE [] IMPERATA CYLINDRICA ROOT EXTRACT [] LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER) [] ELETTARIA CARDAMOMUM (CARDAMOM) [] ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) [] ROSA CANINA (ROSE) FRUIT OIL [] CORIANDRUM SATIVUM (CORIANDER) SEED OIL [] JASMINUM OFFICINALE (JASMINE) [] CHOLESTEROL [] TREHALOSE [] HYDROXYPROLINE [] PROLINE [] CAPRYLYL GLYCOL [] PHYTOSPHINGOSINE [] PHYTANTRIOL [] ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN [] CYCLOPENTASILOXANE [] ACRYLATES COPOLYMER [] LINOLEIC ACID [] DIMETHICONOL [] PEG-8 [] SODIUM HYALURONATE [] TOCOPHEROL [] ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER [] ASCORBYL PALMITATE [] GLYCINE [] SODIUM CARBOMER [] ASCORBIC ACID [] XANTHAN GUM [] SODIUM CITRATE [] PHENOXYETHANOL

on 12/9/2017 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I've tried A LOT of expensive face creams from various high end brands and must say this is one of those impressive ones. It is very hydrating yet doesn't feel heavy on the skin, which is why I went for the gel version insted the cream one. However, something gel creams usually do, is that they to leave the skin "matte", which I don't like at all because my skin gets very uncomfortably tight, red and itchy during the day. This product leaves some sort of a comforting film over the face, at least for me. I sometimes also mix it with some facial oil droplets, but during day time over a hydrating serum in winter, it is a perfect go-go. I've got quite a sensitive skin type, but didn't experience any side effects.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I cannot live without this magical cream. I use this every day without fail underneath my makeup, and it's creamy consistency allows for a perfect, smooth base under foundation. I believe that this also acts in a similar way to a primer, whilst hydrating the skin at the same time. I don't know what it is about this cream, but nothing works quite the same on my skin. It helps to heal any blemish that appears on my cheeks (my main problem area). I really noticed this when unfortunately I ran out of this cream and couldn't repurchase it as it was sold out EVERYWHERE. my skin became a problem again, and I was so upset that I couldn't get hold of this. I finally have again however, and I am now on my fourth pot in two years. I will continue to buy this foreverrrrrrrr and prey that it never gets discontinued! :)

on 8/18/2014 12:01:00 PM

This is a truly HG product for me that I just keep going back to. I have combination VERY sensitive skin and this is the only moisturiser I've ever found that hydrated without it irritating my skin. Even 'natural' products leave my skin raw and red, I recently had horrendous experience with origins ginzing and night-a-mins that left me with really sore skin and terrible acne on my right cheek. Switching back to this almost instantly soothed my skin and two weeks later my acne has completely cleared up, although unfortunately the indented scars have not. However, the dry patches around my nose do need little extra face oil to subside but my oily t zone is kept in check. The only other criticism I have is the unhygienic pot, a pump would be at better but I suppose since I use this morning and evening I get through it quite quickly (which unfortunately also makes it quite pricey). Love this product, it's definitely a permanent fixture in my skincare routine.

on 2/25/2013 9:24:00 PM

This was a sample I got when I was getting Pretty Powerful signed by Bobbi in September and I just chucked it in my bag thought "Oh this is nice, but I'm not sure if I would use it since I have bountiful amounts of creams"

Fast forward to December, Texas weather is constantly changing and it was dry and cold as can be and I didn't feel like using my primer. So I couldn't find my "good occasion" gel moisturizer I looked for this one and... it feels pretty nice actually.

Now I blend it with my liquid makeup to give it that nice dewy glow, and for some reason I really like this smell it's not offensive, it smells like there's like a white pepper scent to it? It's light, you might not tell.

Good thing is, it doesn't break me out, especially weird since it comes in a jar and they're not the most hygenic. I like the way it feels, it's light, can be used for any skin type just have to apply it right! Not really sure if I can speak for the tender-skinned because I don't have sensitive skin but most Bobbi products don't bother people. I use it underneath my makeup, swirl it in with liquid base. Done. Healthy skin.

If you're looking for some miracle properties in this, skip it unless you just need some good hydration. I'm glad I got this as a sample 'cause I cannot afford a full size. haha.

on 2/9/2013 10:26:00 AM

Great product. Hydrates my skin without leaving it greasy. Perfect way to prime my face before applying makeup. Though expensive, it lasts for a long time, as I need only use a small amount to moisturise my entire face. Also very gentle on my sensitive skin.

on 4/19/2011 2:00:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I've been using this moisturizer for about 3 months now, so I can accurately give my opinion on this product... Which I LOVE! I have combination skin, but my entire moisturizer-using life I've been drawn towards oil free moisturizers. Everyone said that if your skin is on the oily side, go for oil free. But that's not always the case. Basically (for some skin types that tend to be more oily) if you avoid oils like the plague, your skin produces more, which does make sense. So if you use a moisturizer with oil, over time your skin will begin to produce less oil. This moisturizer is not oil free, but rather gel based... Giving combination skin the best of both worlds. I find it hydrates my skin perfectly in my more dry areas, while not weighing down my oily areas. I have also noticed my skin definitely produces less oil than when I started using this product. Although something to note, it does not go on matte at all (for me). Not insanely shiny, but I wouldn't put this on and then go out. I'd definitely at least put on some powder to dull down the shine it leaves. But even so, this moisturizer is just perfect. If you don't like product that are scented, stay away, it definitely has a scent (which I enjoy). And at the seemingly steep price of $50, if you're like me and have yet to find the perfect moisturizer, give this a try, it may be yours as well! Therefore making the price tag well worth it :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This irritated my skin. The smell is way too strong. Not good for sensitive skin :( Priced way too high too. Just not for me.

on 10/12/2010 9:05:00 PM

It is really a tough job to find a cream for my skin because I have very oily skin at T-zone and check, and very dry skin around lip. I bought this cream gel 3 days ago, and I used it every morning as the last step of my skincare routin, this is very very good, I have less oil during the day, and I did not feel any dryness. I am using the Cle de peau $500 cream every night.