Philosophy Hope Oil-Free SPF

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Philosophy Hope Oil-Free SPF
Hope Oil-Free SPF

3.5

Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (3.75%), Oxybenzone (4.0%), Zinc Oxide (4.53%). Inactives: Water (Aqua), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dibutyl Adipate, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Glycerin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Behenyl Alcohol, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Arachidyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Dimethicone, Behenoxy Dimethicone, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Beta-Glucan, Tocopheryl Acetate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Powder, Arachidyl Glucoside, Maltodextrin, Rubus Fruticosus (Blackberry) Leaf Extract, Arginine, Benzyl Alcohol, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizinate, Xanthan Gum, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Disodium Edta, Citric Acid.

Finally the heavens have parted and given a creamy decent spf that feels like a moisturizer that actually absorbs and does not break out my super clog/breakout prone skin, moisturizes the lately dry prone parts of my face yet leaves my skin matte, and doesnt leave me with a greasy broken out clogged mess by the end of the day. Also comes in a nice tube, smells pleasant enough, and offers some antioxidants and quality effective protection! LOL enough said for those who have fussy skin like mine and have had a nightmare of a search for spf as everything on the market physical, european, chemical, natural, high end, drug store etc fall in two categories as in either are thick and never sink in leaving you with a greasy mess and breakouts or are somewhat light but don't provide enough moisture. Then on the other end there are all the super liquid fluid spf out there which ironically would seem ideal for super clog prone skin like mine but very stupidly are full of cones and alcohol (every last one) which both irritate my skin like crazy. I was as of last week simply going to give up on spf as having my face feel disgusting by the end of the day for the sake of protection was really done with. SO glad I randomly decided to sample some Philosophy Spfs at Sephora as this is the only brand I have never tried spf from as I have had such bad results with any of their other skincare items. I ended up asoltuely loving the Hope Oil Free Spf 30 (zinc based) as it left my skin flawless and actually absorbed like regular mositurizers I used and was light and creamy. I also tried the new Miracle Worker Anti-Aging Fluid Spf 55 as it was ofcourse higher spf, fabulous protection, even lighter, and came in a pump style tube, and was FINALLY a fluid spf that isn't full of a million cones/alcohol (only one cone which I could have dealt with). Alas the con was that it leaves your face super shiny and I can imagine would be not enough moisture in come winter (and I don't have dry skin to begin with). So in that the winner for me is this Hope Spf30 which really is the best I will ever find for an amazing spf/moisturizer combo and maybe one day they will make it with a higher spf, yet same great formula. Why there are not more formulas this advanced for us with easily irritated/clog prone skin, who don't have skin that can look great slathering on spf the texture of glue, is beyond me, One of a kind and only Spf I will ever use, don't hesitate to try this! :)

on 11/19/2010 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Nasty stuff, made my face red and irritated. Priced too high when it is very comparable to Neutrogena Healthy skin spf 30 and Mary Kay spf 25. Does work well under makeup. At the end of the day, this seemed to dry my skin somewhat so this will be going back.