Philosophy Hope Oil-Free SPF

Filtered by hair type : Other
Philosophy Hope Oil-Free SPF
Hope Oil-Free SPF

2.7

Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (3.75%), Oxybenzone (4.0%), Zinc Oxide (4.53%). Inactives: Water (Aqua), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dibutyl Adipate, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Glycerin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Behenyl Alcohol, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Arachidyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Dimethicone, Behenoxy Dimethicone, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Beta-Glucan, Tocopheryl Acetate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Powder, Arachidyl Glucoside, Maltodextrin, Rubus Fruticosus (Blackberry) Leaf Extract, Arginine, Benzyl Alcohol, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizinate, Xanthan Gum, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Disodium Edta, Citric Acid.

on 9/8/2014 4:16:00 PM

I found this very similar in effect to the non oil-free version. The lotion absorbed quickly and did not break out my normal to dry skin. I will probably need something more emollient in the winter though. That said, I will likely repurchase this next summer.

on 5/18/2011 2:56:00 PM

Two words - BURNING EYES. Despite deliberate intention to carefully apply this to the undereye area WITHOUT getting it in my eyes, I invariably have experienced painful teary burning every time I've used the deluxe sample I got from Sephora. This alone is more than enough for me not to purchase. The area I am most vigilant about sunscreen is under the eyes. I typically use the spf 40 sunblock from clarins but like to try out lesser-spf sunscreens for those days when I just need sun protection for a few minutes.
I applied this daily for a week over my regular moisturizer and really did not feel that it contributed any moisturizing effect. In fact, my skin has felt less moisturized overall the past few days.
The good things about this product are that it leaves skin looking less greasy than many other brands I've tried, there is no offensive odor, and it comes in an easy-to-apply squeeze tube.
If you're looking for lightweight sunscreen conveniently packaged with moisturizer and have eyes that aren't very sensitive, this might work.

Not moisturizing at all and definitely has a sunscreen smell to it. My face felt dry after using this.