Philosophy Hope Oil-Free SPF

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Philosophy Hope Oil-Free SPF
Hope Oil-Free SPF

4.1

Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (3.75%), Oxybenzone (4.0%), Zinc Oxide (4.53%). Inactives: Water (Aqua), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dibutyl Adipate, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Glycerin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Behenyl Alcohol, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Arachidyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Dimethicone, Behenoxy Dimethicone, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Beta-Glucan, Tocopheryl Acetate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Powder, Arachidyl Glucoside, Maltodextrin, Rubus Fruticosus (Blackberry) Leaf Extract, Arginine, Benzyl Alcohol, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizinate, Xanthan Gum, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Disodium Edta, Citric Acid.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This doesn't make my face break out. That's amazing. However, I have to mix it with a more moisturizing product to take care of my dry skin. And too much product comes out of the tube at once.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Finally an SPF that doesn't leave my skin looking greasy and sinks in quickly!
It works well with my foundations
Paraben and frangrance free
Doesn't clog my skin
No need for a seperate moisturizer
SPF 30, perfect for everyday and summer protection
Antioxidants!!!

This is my everyday moisturizer. Works well with my acne-prone, combination skin and sits well under makeup. Living in Florida, oil free is a must for me. This moisturizes without drying out my skin.

on 5/18/2011 2:56:00 PM

Two words - BURNING EYES. Despite deliberate intention to carefully apply this to the undereye area WITHOUT getting it in my eyes, I invariably have experienced painful teary burning every time I've used the deluxe sample I got from Sephora. This alone is more than enough for me not to purchase. The area I am most vigilant about sunscreen is under the eyes. I typically use the spf 40 sunblock from clarins but like to try out lesser-spf sunscreens for those days when I just need sun protection for a few minutes.
I applied this daily for a week over my regular moisturizer and really did not feel that it contributed any moisturizing effect. In fact, my skin has felt less moisturized overall the past few days.
The good things about this product are that it leaves skin looking less greasy than many other brands I've tried, there is no offensive odor, and it comes in an easy-to-apply squeeze tube.
If you're looking for lightweight sunscreen conveniently packaged with moisturizer and have eyes that aren't very sensitive, this might work.

on 5/4/2011 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I LOVE this stuff ao much!! It's my HG moisturizer! The fact that it has spf 30 is the icing on the cake. It's very light weight, sinks into the skin quickly, leaves a matte finish (not greasy looking or feeling at all), does not break me out, no white cast, does have a slight sunscreen smell but I honestly like that smell, wears amazing under makeup, and helps keep my oil in control for the day and I have pretty oily skin. I hope they never stop making this. I will be using this for the rest of my life!!

on 2/3/2011 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have liked every single Philosophy product that I’ve tried, so I was really interested in this moisturizer. For years I have been faithful to Clinique’s Superdefense SPF 25 Moisturizer for Combo/Oily Skin and then apply Philosophy’s The Present as my daily primer (separate reviews). Although these two products have worked very well together, I was hoping that Hope Oil-Free SPF 30 would take the place of both of these, being a moisturizer with anti-aging benefits and SPF, while also being a soothing, smoothing, matte-finish primer. Although it’s very thick coming out of the tube, a pea-size amount warms and thins in my hands, so it spreads very evenly over my face and neck. Don’t use too much, otherwise it will pill up. I am so pleased that this product meets my expectations. It provides SPF 30 protection; leaves my skin matte, smooth and ready for makeup (I let it sit for two minutes before starting to apply makeup); and it controls oil for about eight hours. I don’t notice any strange smell and it did not irritate my skin at all. This doesn’t quite achieve the flawless smoothness as The Present, but for everyday use, this is perfect. This is a little pricey, but it works so well with my skin that I will definitely buy again. I also love that it comes in a travel-friendly, hygienic tube.

i got a good sample of hope oil free spf 30 and I loved it so much I got a full size of it. It took the redness out of my face and made it so soft and nice looking I just had to get it and use it. I was so excited about this product it totally changed my face.

Ugh, I really wanted to like this. I'm constantly on the look-out for a great moisturizer with SPF. This claims to be light-weight, but I felt that it was very thick and heavy and made me oily looking in about 30 minutes. I returned it after a couple weeks.