Philosophy Hope Oil-Free SPF

Filtered by age: 30-35
Philosophy Hope Oil-Free SPF
Hope Oil-Free SPF

3.8

Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (3.75%), Oxybenzone (4.0%), Zinc Oxide (4.53%). Inactives: Water (Aqua), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dibutyl Adipate, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Glycerin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Behenyl Alcohol, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Arachidyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Dimethicone, Behenoxy Dimethicone, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Beta-Glucan, Tocopheryl Acetate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Powder, Arachidyl Glucoside, Maltodextrin, Rubus Fruticosus (Blackberry) Leaf Extract, Arginine, Benzyl Alcohol, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizinate, Xanthan Gum, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Disodium Edta, Citric Acid.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Finally an SPF that doesn't leave my skin looking greasy and sinks in quickly!
It works well with my foundations
Paraben and frangrance free
Doesn't clog my skin
No need for a seperate moisturizer
SPF 30, perfect for everyday and summer protection
Antioxidants!!!

on 4/5/2011 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I really wanted to love this product despite the high price, since I was looking for a non-comedogenic, high spf daily moisturizer for my combo/acne-prone skin. I fanatically research any new skin product/makeup for comedogenic ingredients and this one looked pretty good. But unfortunately this product was a bust in almost every way. Far from moisturizing, I think it dried out my skin! Plus it looked terrible underneath my liquid foundation, making it look streaky and like it was separating. Then the last straw I started getting this subtle red rash? on my cheeks and forehead, which are normally pretty clear (I've gotten similar reactions on my body to some sunscreens). Just to make sure this was really the culprit since I started a few new products around the same time, I used it only on my forehead for two days and a different moisturizer (with no spf) on my cheeks and my forehead still had the roughness and my cheeks started to get better. Oh well back to the store, and the search continues! I gave it two lippies because if your skin is oily (and not combo) and you are not sensitive to certain ss ingredients, this would probably work for you and it has a decent spf and didnt break me out (w/cystic acne).

on 9/8/2014 4:16:00 PM

I found this very similar in effect to the non oil-free version. The lotion absorbed quickly and did not break out my normal to dry skin. I will probably need something more emollient in the winter though. That said, I will likely repurchase this next summer.

on 9/5/2011 10:20:00 AM

Sinks right in--not greasy. Perfect for under makeup. Got this as part of the Sephora sunscreen kit. Won't re-buy because I'll be trying other new things.