Philosophy Hope Oil-Free SPF

Filtered by age: 25-29
Philosophy Hope Oil-Free SPF
Hope Oil-Free SPF

4.1

Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (3.75%), Oxybenzone (4.0%), Zinc Oxide (4.53%). Inactives: Water (Aqua), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dibutyl Adipate, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Glycerin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Behenyl Alcohol, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Arachidyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Dimethicone, Behenoxy Dimethicone, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Beta-Glucan, Tocopheryl Acetate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Powder, Arachidyl Glucoside, Maltodextrin, Rubus Fruticosus (Blackberry) Leaf Extract, Arginine, Benzyl Alcohol, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizinate, Xanthan Gum, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Disodium Edta, Citric Acid.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This doesn't make my face break out. That's amazing. However, I have to mix it with a more moisturizing product to take care of my dry skin. And too much product comes out of the tube at once.

This is my everyday moisturizer. Works well with my acne-prone, combination skin and sits well under makeup. Living in Florida, oil free is a must for me. This moisturizes without drying out my skin.

on 7/27/2011 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have an oily and sensitive skin but without acne. Since I use this, my face started to look terrible very dull and small acnes everywhere. Then I gave it to my husband. Even his normal skin turned to be oily and dull like my skin. Went to a dermatologist and she suggested me to stop using this product and use a moisurizer and spf separately instead, then my face went back to normal after that.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral

Great moisturizer for my oily skin! Absorbs quickly, but still feels moisturizing. I love the high spf!
Since my skin is so oily, my biggest issue is how the moisturizer performs through out the day. I find that most moisturizers with spf grease up horribly, by lunch. This one doesn't that much. I still get a bit greasy, but not as bad as with most other ss I've tried.
I'm on my third tube of this and I'll probably be buying another one.

Finally the heavens have parted and given a creamy decent spf that feels like a moisturizer that actually absorbs and does not break out my super clog/breakout prone skin, moisturizes the lately dry prone parts of my face yet leaves my skin matte, and doesnt leave me with a greasy broken out clogged mess by the end of the day. Also comes in a nice tube, smells pleasant enough, and offers some antioxidants and quality effective protection! LOL enough said for those who have fussy skin like mine and have had a nightmare of a search for spf as everything on the market physical, european, chemical, natural, high end, drug store etc fall in two categories as in either are thick and never sink in leaving you with a greasy mess and breakouts or are somewhat light but don't provide enough moisture. Then on the other end there are all the super liquid fluid spf out there which ironically would seem ideal for super clog prone skin like mine but very stupidly are full of cones and alcohol (every last one) which both irritate my skin like crazy. I was as of last week simply going to give up on spf as having my face feel disgusting by the end of the day for the sake of protection was really done with. SO glad I randomly decided to sample some Philosophy Spfs at Sephora as this is the only brand I have never tried spf from as I have had such bad results with any of their other skincare items. I ended up asoltuely loving the Hope Oil Free Spf 30 (zinc based) as it left my skin flawless and actually absorbed like regular mositurizers I used and was light and creamy. I also tried the new Miracle Worker Anti-Aging Fluid Spf 55 as it was ofcourse higher spf, fabulous protection, even lighter, and came in a pump style tube, and was FINALLY a fluid spf that isn't full of a million cones/alcohol (only one cone which I could have dealt with). Alas the con was that it leaves your face super shiny and I can imagine would be not enough moisture in come winter (and I don't have dry skin to begin with). So in that the winner for me is this Hope Spf30 which really is the best I will ever find for an amazing spf/moisturizer combo and maybe one day they will make it with a higher spf, yet same great formula. Why there are not more formulas this advanced for us with easily irritated/clog prone skin, who don't have skin that can look great slathering on spf the texture of glue, is beyond me, One of a kind and only Spf I will ever use, don't hesitate to try this! :)

on 5/18/2011 2:56:00 PM

Two words - BURNING EYES. Despite deliberate intention to carefully apply this to the undereye area WITHOUT getting it in my eyes, I invariably have experienced painful teary burning every time I've used the deluxe sample I got from Sephora. This alone is more than enough for me not to purchase. The area I am most vigilant about sunscreen is under the eyes. I typically use the spf 40 sunblock from clarins but like to try out lesser-spf sunscreens for those days when I just need sun protection for a few minutes.
I applied this daily for a week over my regular moisturizer and really did not feel that it contributed any moisturizing effect. In fact, my skin has felt less moisturized overall the past few days.
The good things about this product are that it leaves skin looking less greasy than many other brands I've tried, there is no offensive odor, and it comes in an easy-to-apply squeeze tube.
If you're looking for lightweight sunscreen conveniently packaged with moisturizer and have eyes that aren't very sensitive, this might work.

on 2/3/2011 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have liked every single Philosophy product that I’ve tried, so I was really interested in this moisturizer. For years I have been faithful to Clinique’s Superdefense SPF 25 Moisturizer for Combo/Oily Skin and then apply Philosophy’s The Present as my daily primer (separate reviews). Although these two products have worked very well together, I was hoping that Hope Oil-Free SPF 30 would take the place of both of these, being a moisturizer with anti-aging benefits and SPF, while also being a soothing, smoothing, matte-finish primer. Although it’s very thick coming out of the tube, a pea-size amount warms and thins in my hands, so it spreads very evenly over my face and neck. Don’t use too much, otherwise it will pill up. I am so pleased that this product meets my expectations. It provides SPF 30 protection; leaves my skin matte, smooth and ready for makeup (I let it sit for two minutes before starting to apply makeup); and it controls oil for about eight hours. I don’t notice any strange smell and it did not irritate my skin at all. This doesn’t quite achieve the flawless smoothness as The Present, but for everyday use, this is perfect. This is a little pricey, but it works so well with my skin that I will definitely buy again. I also love that it comes in a travel-friendly, hygienic tube.

i got a good sample of hope oil free spf 30 and I loved it so much I got a full size of it. It took the redness out of my face and made it so soft and nice looking I just had to get it and use it. I was so excited about this product it totally changed my face.

on 8/31/2010 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Description from Sephora.com
Hope Oil-Free SPF
What it is: An ultra-light daily moisturizer for normal to oily skin with SPF 30.

What it is formulated to do:
This gentle, fast-absorbing daytime lotion provides optimal hydration to revitalize skin and strengthen its natural moisture barrier, while preventing sun damage. It is infused with multiple antioxidants for superior protection against environmental attack and visible signs of aging. The oil-free formulation leaves an invisible matte finish that suits all complexions.

My review: I've been using this product for maybe 3 months now, and at first I wasn't too fond of it. I thought it was greasy and would be too much for my skin, but I just needed to figure out how much to use at one time. A little goes a long way with this, because it's got a thick-ish consistency. But it is still lightweight once absorbed into the skin (which it does quickly) and leaves a matte-ish finish (not totally matte, more satin). I have normal/combination sensitive skin. My t-zone gets shiny but it's not what I consider oily, and I only get menstrual breakouts. I have a medium-dark skin tone, and I use retinol products to maintain an even skin tone, so the spf 30 is great for me. My skin feels/looks nice and healthy with continued use, so I like to think it's meeting its claims. I appreciate the squeezy tube packaging, despite the tendency for product to collect around the opening (I just wipe it off as needed).

I haven't decided yet if I will repurchase, but I answered yes because it is a good product. It retails for $45 for 2oz, so that's a factor, but it does last a long time, as I am only half-way through the tube. Fragrance-free, but still has a "philosophy" smell. No issue with my nose. Overall: pretty good piece of my skin care regimen.