Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Foundation

Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Foundation
image 1image 2image 3

Aqua (Water), Hydrogenated Didecene, Polydecene, Glycerin, Hexyl Laurate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Boron Nitride, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Methicone, Argania Spinosa Oil (Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil), Phenoxyethanol, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Ribes Nigrum (Blackcurrant) Seed Oil, Trihydroxystearin, Tropolone, Tribehenin, Cetyldimethicone/Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Disodium Edta, Sodium PCA, Linoleic Acid, Ceramide 2, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, PEG-10 Rapeseed Sterol, Polyquaternium-51, Linolenic Acid, Trehalose, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopherol, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide. May Contain: CI 77492(Iron Oxide), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxide), CI 77499 (Iron Oxide).

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

i love this product! Its extremely good for dry or dehydrated skin. It lasts a good amount of time, at least 8-10 hours. It feels sooooo good going on. For those who are saying its "thick" or "greasy" I think they are putting too much on! i tried to use a similar cream product by estee lauder, it was good, but not as good as the laura mercier. It literally goes on flawless.
TIP: APPLY WITH YOUR FINGERS, then if necessary use a stippling blush to make it even and blend. But most of the application should be with your fingers. Its simply the best way to put it on. Also, this product will kind of settle into dry patches...however, MOST products that I have used will do the same. Its really in the moisturizer and primer used before hand that will decrease that issue. But this is a staple now in my makeup routine.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

GOT A COLOR MATCHED MY SKIN GREAT,THIS STUFF WENT ON SO THICK,DID NOT BLEND WELL,SEPERATES,GOES INTO CREASES LIKE PUTTY,AND WONT DRY AT ALL,NOT GOOD FOR DRY SKIN IT MADE ME LOOK LIKE I HAD HUNDREDS OF DRY FLAKES,SINKS INTO PORES MAKES THEM NOTICEABLE,DONT LAST MAYBE 3 HOURS.REMINDS MY OF REVLON WHIPPED THICK PAINT LIKE,BUT REVLON STAYS ON LONGER AND DRIES,THEY BOTH ARE MASK LIKE.

To Read all 146 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/16/2016 6:24:00 PM

MY HG!!!
I have dry skin and lately I have very sensitive skin. I get a flawless face with this foundation. This did not cause me acne. Also it photographs very well (NO WHITE CAST)!

This is the first product I used up in 6 months!!!

For reference NC25/C2 - Warm Ivory

on 11/28/2015 2:40:00 PM

love this foundation! I have been using it for 8 years +. I love the creamy foundation and the absolute best is LM's colors. I wear beige colors and these colors are the best! I do not like pinks or too much yellows in my foundation. Just the very best, in my opinion.

on 2/25/2015 3:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Most foundations targeted for dry skin are quite sheer so it is refreshing that this product provides decent coverage, on the medium side of medium-full. It covers up redness and also covers my under eye circles pretty well. I have pretty bad acne scarring and I always need concealer to cover them so I can't fault the foundation for being unable to disguise them. This foundation has no fragrance, which is great and it feels lovely and rich on dry skin. Dehydrated skin is a separate issue, but those with typically dry akin will find this smooths over dryness and doesn't give off that finish where you look back at your reflection in shock as you wonder where the minuscule flakes all over your face came from. Foundations for dry skin also tend to look dewy... To the point where it borders on greasy. This does provide a dewy luminous finish without any of the greasiness and nor does your face feel sticky when you touch it. I always powder to remove any tackiness, prolong wear and remove excess shine. Wear time is average. It isn't particularly long or short wearing although it does last the day for me, but to be honest nearly every foundation wears the same on me longevity wise. A big pro to this product is that it looks natural and not cakey. Now the texture- very very thick and not my favourite. I love the creamy feel of it but it is difficult to spread and blend over your face, requiring application of a little at a time on different areas. Not a product to use when you are in a rush. Fingers are generally recommended and I can see how body heat would melt it down to a more manageable consistency. However, finger application with foundation has never worked for me. In order for me to use this I usually mix it with an illuminating base or face mist (I use orange blossom water) to thin it out for easier application. My main use for this foundation is to actually mix it with a separate and more sheer foundation in order to boost the coverage of it without sacrificing comfort on dry skin. For these reasons I cannot give the product a 5/5. I enjoy having this in my collection because for special occasions I do desire that flawless look, which usually requires heavier coverage.

on 2/12/2015 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a beautiful foundation. The formula is very thick, creamy, smooth, moisturizing, and long lasting. The coverage is extremely full and the finish is satin. The best part about it is that it is one of the few full-coverage foundations that guys and girls with very dry skin can use with no problem. My skin is extremely dry (dry patches are a big problem), but pretty much flawless, and I'm young so most foundations look good on me but this one makes my skin look photoshopped. I don't need much coverage so I pretty much use it as a concealer, spot concealing on the few faint dark spots I have and my undereye circles. If I am going out and want a full face of makeup, I just tap my finger in it and use that amount all over my face. I've been using a sample of this for months. It doesn't emphasize any dry patches and as long as my face is prepped, it looks amazingly natural. I recommend it because you can skip your concealer entirely. It's great.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

A very poor foundation, IMO. I bought this because I wanted something a bit richer for my dry skin in the winter and a bit more coverage than my usual liquid foundation. The shade porcelain ivory is a good match for my pale NC15 skin, but the texture! Oh boy! This stuff is incredible heavy and greasy on application. LM recommend you apply this with your fingers and it is the only way to go. Any brush will leave stroke marks all over your face. So you move it around a bit and then after spreading out a lot it sets to a satin finish. But it is not smooth at all. It sits in every pore and clings to any textural issues you might have. My skin is not very flaky or bumpy and I have quite small pores except on my nose but this foundation made my skin look worse than it does without anything on. Just awful.

on 9/28/2014 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Large glass circular jar with screw lid and small plastic scoop to scoop out creme - comes in a box. Jar is quite bulky and heavy - not great for travelling - would recommended scooping into a small tester plastic container when travelling - do not worry, a lot goes a long way.

You have to lift off the small plastic plug from the glass jar - not fun to try and pull off after you have applied moisturiser or primer - super hard.

It smells like a sort of neutral play dough type smell - not overpowering at all.

It looks like a dollop of thickened cream - hence the creme foundation.

I apply onto my moisturised and primed skin with a sigma flat kabuki brush and buff it slightly with a beauty blender for an airbrush finish (not too much as it might take too much off) - i use tiny amounts at a time. You DO NOT want to apply a lot at all, you will have heaps left over and no where to put it.

Yes it feels a bit sticky at first but it gives the skin an amazing nourished feeling if you have dry/combo skin like myself.

I apply bronzers,illuminators, blush and minimal powder to my t zone so it takes the sticky-ness away. If you wanted to avoid powders, be careful to where your face will be and what it will be touching - will with out a doubt transfer. So take back up to reapply thruogh out the day.

After a full 9-10 hour day the result of foundation with minimal powder to set is average. Yes it feels oily in t zone and it shows in your lines. However still has a pretty good coverage left. You would need to apply more powder to fully set it so it stayed it place all day.

Coverage is ok, I would not say it is FULL like the rest of people, it is a more medium + finish. It is hard to add layers of it on top for a fuller coverage as of the creamy finish.

Finish of the creme foundation is dewy for sure and more of a satin look when powder is applied, obviously.

I have Honey Beige for summer and Sunny Beige for winter.
Honey Beige has strong orange tones but suits my skin tone well as i am a golden undertone - I can not have any pink in my makeup. For me it is a foundation for the height of summer, it is a deep colour for me.
Sunny Beige is a bit more of a tan base colour rather then golden, it does appear the tiniest amount pink on my skin but only minuscule - it is fine. Great go to colour, can apply the Honey Beige for when my skin tone is in between light and tan, a more medium colour.

Overall i would go back to this foundation as it is so moisturising for me, doesn't leave my face feeling flaky. Has great colour tones. Especially for me in summer with Honey Beige shade. Doesn't look cakey if you apply it correctly.

on 8/30/2014 8:51:00 PM

It has thick, cakey texture, but it blended well and worked well on my dry skin. It's definitely for dry skin only. I wouldn't bother with this foundation if you have oily, combination or normal skin. It doesn't settle into pores, and lasts with only minimal touch up. Unfortunately, this foundation transfers. If I use blotting sheet, it comes off. If I change shirt, it might rub off. If I use powder to touch up, it rubs off. For that reason, I won't be re-purchasing. Except for the fact it transferred easily, I really liked this foundation for cold weather months.

on 8/25/2014 1:43:00 AM

I find this foundation extremely thick so it feels heavy, it is a bit cakey, doesnt have good lasting power and my biggest gripe with this foundation - it settles into fine lines! and yes the smell does remind me of oilpaint. That being said, it photographs well I think - i actually bought it after seeing some youtube reviews and their skin looks amazing..but i just dont like the way it feels on me. :(