Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Foundation [DISCONTINUED]
Crème Smooth Foundation [DISCONTINUED]Crème Smooth Foundation [DISCONTINUED]Before & After Laura Mercier Creme Smooth Found.

Aqua (Water), Hydrogenated Didecene, Polydecene, Glycerin, Hexyl Laurate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Boron Nitride, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Methicone, Argania Spinosa Oil (Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil), Phenoxyethanol, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Ribes Nigrum (Blackcurrant) Seed Oil, Trihydroxystearin, Tropolone, Tribehenin, Cetyldimethicone/Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Disodium Edta, Sodium PCA, Linoleic Acid, Ceramide 2, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, PEG-10 Rapeseed Sterol, Polyquaternium-51, Linolenic Acid, Trehalose, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopherol, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide. May Contain: CI 77492(Iron Oxide), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxide), CI 77499 (Iron Oxide).

I'm 23 this year and I have gone thru 3 jars of this foundation.

Price + distribution: Pricey and difficult to find as f*** , I have to buy this in Nordstrom since they don't sell this in Sephora and Laura Mercier website doesn't have my color.
Packaging: Luxurious heavy thick glass that won't break easily when you accidently drop it. Come with a stupid (useless) small white scoop that will be lost after a few times of usage. Extremely inconvenient for traveling and not that hygiene cause you have to dip your fingers/brushes directly into the jar.
Finished: Dewy with Medium coverage.
Application: Normal flat foundation brush will leave you a foundation streak, buffing/stippling brush sounds better but I don't recommend those brushes for dry, flaky skin. I don't know why and how Laura Mercier recommends clients use they fingers to blend this foundation because this cream is super thick and apply the foundation with your fingers gonna give you heavy, uneven finished. My method is to distribute the foundation on your face with a flat foundation brush, then blend in using a damp sponge/ beauty blender, leaving you the thinnest, dewy and most natural finished without feeling heavy and greasy. This foundation won't dry out completely or give you a matte finished, but if it won't be too tacky if you apply a thin layer. -> THIS TAKES ME FOREVER TO APPLY AND NOT BEGINNER FRIENDLY AT ALL !!

After all the cons, I get compliments every time I wear this foundation !! My number one secret to fighting back winter.This is the only foundation so far that won't oxidize on me, cling to my dryness or break on me at the end of the day. Other hydrating foundation may look good after application but after 5 mins outside the wind my skin will become flaky and ppl would notice my face is more powdery/ flaky. Recommend for all dry skin and matured skin out there. You do need to exfoliate your dry patches and prime your oily T-zone like any other foundations. Still, I keep looking for my HG foundation, somethings more easy to find and take less time for apply, but none of those BB cream/ Foundation/Cushion I tried before would give me the same result as this one.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Oh my god... I can't believe how BAD this foundation is!!!

I have incredibly dry skin so I thought this foundation was going to be perfect as it claims to be hydrating and because Lisa Eldridge recommended this for dry skins, however... this emphasised every dry patch, ever pore and every imperfection on my face, as well as settling into fine lines. I've tried this a few times a few ways. Firstly I tried exfoliating, moisturising and applying a hydrating primer and it looked horrendous. So I tried again without the primer and it still looked absolutely awful. This foundation DOES NOT set at all. It stays tacky and moves around very easily. I usually only have to set my T-zone to take down the shine from my foundation but this product required all over powder application and even then it still felt tacky on my face. The longevity of this foundation is absolutely ridiculous. This lasted for a maximum of four hours before it started to break down everywhere, looking patchy and disgusting as it had separated on the areas it hadn't completely worn off.

The application is difficult as the product is a very THICK creme which required more work to blend out. The box claims that this looks best when applied with fingers or a cosmetic sponge. Applying with fingers was a pain because it's so thick, the beauty blender works but I found I got the best application with a buffing brush.

Although I absolute hate this foundation, there are some good points. This product goes a very long way, you really don't need much for an entire face, a pea sized amount at the most which means it would last a very long time. The colour selection is very good. There's very pale shades going up to very dark shades with a good selection of undertones so you would be able to find a good match. The coverage is medium and it is buildable. It can also be sheered out with a damp beauty blender. The packaging is absolutely gorgeous. It comes a beautiful frosted glass pot which screams luxury. You're also provided with a spatula for sanitary purposes which I like.

I've tried and tested countless foundations over a 7 to 8 year time period and I can confidently say this is worst one I've ever tired and it's the most expensive costing £41.50. I would not recommend this for anyone with dry flaky skin and I would not recommend this to an oily skin either. This may work on someone with normal skin with minimal facial concerns. If you do want to try this foundation I highly recommend you get a sample before paying such a hefty price, something I definitely should have done!

on 10/18/2016 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I had never heard of this until it was recommended to me in Blue Mercury. I have really grown to love this foundation and wear it nearly every day. It provides exactly what I have been looking for in a foundation - medium/full coverage, gentle formula, rich and warm true to skin tone color for darker skin, NO extra luminosity, and a lasting moisture barrier. Surpisingly, that is not so easy to find.

I totally agree with the other ladies on the pros of this formulation. My skin loves this SUPER thick, but never greasy luxurious cream. As someone with adult acne and hyperpigmentation, approaching my 40's (grrrr smile lines setting in!), my skin has changed in the last few years. It's gone from extremely oil slick oily to oily/combination. I can no longer use mattyfing foundations because of my dry parts and most liquids and even creams just don't last long enough on my oily parts. Unfortunately, this formula may not be great for dry or very oily skin.

How I use this: I scoop out a dime size or less with a flat cosmetic scoop (I don't love the cute little scoop it comes with - it's hard to clean/get product out). Then I spread it on the back of my hand. I want to maximize coverage so I don't apply with my fingers; I stipple it on with my Real Techniques buffing brush. Then I highlight the ligher parts of my face, and set with loose powder. I like that this has peptides in it, no fragrance, really does provide some noticeable blurring action as it claims, and is super moisturizing without feeling heavy on the skin whatsoever.

My only gripe with this is they need, at the very least, 2 more colors for darker skin. I wear Rich Sienna and it's beautiful and matches well but could be a smidge lighter for my strong yellow undertone. Toffee Bronze, the color beneath this one, is not even close to being brown.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

i love this product! Its extremely good for dry or dehydrated skin. It lasts a good amount of time, at least 8-10 hours. It feels sooooo good going on. For those who are saying its "thick" or "greasy" I think they are putting too much on! i tried to use a similar cream product by estee lauder, it was good, but not as good as the laura mercier. It literally goes on flawless.
TIP: APPLY WITH YOUR FINGERS, then if necessary use a stippling blush to make it even and blend. But most of the application should be with your fingers. Its simply the best way to put it on. Also, this product will kind of settle into dry patches...however, MOST products that I have used will do the same. Its really in the moisturizer and primer used before hand that will decrease that issue. But this is a staple now in my makeup routine.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

GOT A COLOR MATCHED MY SKIN GREAT,THIS STUFF WENT ON SO THICK,DID NOT BLEND WELL,SEPERATES,GOES INTO CREASES LIKE PUTTY,AND WONT DRY AT ALL,NOT GOOD FOR DRY SKIN IT MADE ME LOOK LIKE I HAD HUNDREDS OF DRY FLAKES,SINKS INTO PORES MAKES THEM NOTICEABLE,DONT LAST MAYBE 3 HOURS.REMINDS MY OF REVLON WHIPPED THICK PAINT LIKE,BUT REVLON STAYS ON LONGER AND DRIES,THEY BOTH ARE MASK LIKE.

on 2/16/2016 6:24:00 PM

MY HG!!!
I have dry skin and lately I have very sensitive skin. I get a flawless face with this foundation. This did not cause me acne. Also it photographs very well (NO WHITE CAST)!

This is the first product I used up in 6 months!!!

For reference NC25/C2 - Warm Ivory

on 11/28/2015 2:40:00 PM

love this foundation! I have been using it for 8 years +. I love the creamy foundation and the absolute best is LM's colors. I wear beige colors and these colors are the best! I do not like pinks or too much yellows in my foundation. Just the very best, in my opinion.

on 2/25/2015 3:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Most foundations targeted for dry skin are quite sheer so it is refreshing that this product provides decent coverage, on the medium side of medium-full. It covers up redness and also covers my under eye circles pretty well. I have pretty bad acne scarring and I always need concealer to cover them so I can't fault the foundation for being unable to disguise them. This foundation has no fragrance, which is great and it feels lovely and rich on dry skin. Dehydrated skin is a separate issue, but those with typically dry akin will find this smooths over dryness and doesn't give off that finish where you look back at your reflection in shock as you wonder where the minuscule flakes all over your face came from. Foundations for dry skin also tend to look dewy... To the point where it borders on greasy. This does provide a dewy luminous finish without any of the greasiness and nor does your face feel sticky when you touch it. I always powder to remove any tackiness, prolong wear and remove excess shine. Wear time is average. It isn't particularly long or short wearing although it does last the day for me, but to be honest nearly every foundation wears the same on me longevity wise. A big pro to this product is that it looks natural and not cakey. Now the texture- very very thick and not my favourite. I love the creamy feel of it but it is difficult to spread and blend over your face, requiring application of a little at a time on different areas. Not a product to use when you are in a rush. Fingers are generally recommended and I can see how body heat would melt it down to a more manageable consistency. However, finger application with foundation has never worked for me. In order for me to use this I usually mix it with an illuminating base or face mist (I use orange blossom water) to thin it out for easier application. My main use for this foundation is to actually mix it with a separate and more sheer foundation in order to boost the coverage of it without sacrificing comfort on dry skin. For these reasons I cannot give the product a 5/5. I enjoy having this in my collection because for special occasions I do desire that flawless look, which usually requires heavier coverage.

on 2/12/2015 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a beautiful foundation. The formula is very thick, creamy, smooth, moisturizing, and long lasting. The coverage is extremely full and the finish is satin. The best part about it is that it is one of the few full-coverage foundations that guys and girls with very dry skin can use with no problem. My skin is extremely dry (dry patches are a big problem), but pretty much flawless, and I'm young so most foundations look good on me but this one makes my skin look photoshopped. I don't need much coverage so I pretty much use it as a concealer, spot concealing on the few faint dark spots I have and my undereye circles. If I am going out and want a full face of makeup, I just tap my finger in it and use that amount all over my face. I've been using a sample of this for months. It doesn't emphasize any dry patches and as long as my face is prepped, it looks amazingly natural. I recommend it because you can skip your concealer entirely. It's great.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

A very poor foundation, IMO. I bought this because I wanted something a bit richer for my dry skin in the winter and a bit more coverage than my usual liquid foundation. The shade porcelain ivory is a good match for my pale NC15 skin, but the texture! Oh boy! This stuff is incredible heavy and greasy on application. LM recommend you apply this with your fingers and it is the only way to go. Any brush will leave stroke marks all over your face. So you move it around a bit and then after spreading out a lot it sets to a satin finish. But it is not smooth at all. It sits in every pore and clings to any textural issues you might have. My skin is not very flaky or bumpy and I have quite small pores except on my nose but this foundation made my skin look worse than it does without anything on. Just awful.