Burberry Light Glow (blush) in n. 2 (Cameo)

Burberry Light Glow (blush) in n. 2 (Cameo)

4.3

on 11/16/2017 1:19:00 PM

Out of the three Burberry blushes I have (Cameo, Earthy and Blossom), this is my personal favourite, and the only one I might repurchase:

I find that all Light Glow blushes have very...interesting colours with complex undertones, and they seem to change on the face or in different lighting more than other blushes I've tried. "Cameo" is not at all the plain old subtle everyday pink I thought I was getting. It's not easy to describe, but "ruddy brown rose" is the best I can do. On the cheeks, it develops quite strong reddish tones (something I don't see in the pan at all), and in warm electric light it turns brownish, with barely any hint of rose. The end result, I think, is similar to that of plum blushes rather than anything in the "pink" category. It also goes on much darker than you'd expect.
As someone who's not a fan of muddy blushes, I was surprised that I liked it. At least for my neutral/waxy yellow fair skin, it's not the best for a "rosy glow" on the apples of the cheeks, but it is the perfect colour for applying along the underside of the cheekbones, away from the ear, or below another rosy blush (a sort of "draping"-lite?). Somehow, the brown tones seem to emphasize the facial structure, and the red/rosy tones make it appear more like the skin's natural colouring and keep it from looking like strange dirty stripes (magic, basically).

Burberry blushes are praised a lot for their pigmentation and texture. I wouldn't say that that's a strictly good or bad thing: they offer way more payoff than the usual sheer-and-subtle high-end blushes, and I have no complains about the quality, but I don't find them as "user-friendly", and can't say that it's my favourite formula (though I'm in the minority here).
I have to be very careful about what brush I'm using (even the softest one picks up a whole lot of product and kicks up a bit of dust due to the buttery texture, and experimenting with the brush included in the compact always resulted in unblendable splotches), or what I'm wearing underneath it (not enough powder or even using a heavier, oilier moisturizer under the foundation made it difficult to blend). As far as 100% matte blushes go, this might be the least flat, muddy and chalky blush I've tried; still, I find them trickier to use in general, and, given a choice, would go for a satin finish.

on 1/13/2017 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This Burberry blush is probably my favorite blush formula in terms of: powder quality (velvety, soft and finely milled without having the powder kick off), pigmentation (relatively pigmented but so blendable, still has a sheer and buildable quality despite the pigmentation, can use any brush with and don't have to be too careful with it either), as well as finish (it's not matte/flat nor luminous, no glitter, no noticeable sheen but adds a very subtle glow).
The color is such an amazing medium toned rosy pink which doesn't lean too cool on my NC25 Asian skin tone. I'm not one to ever pick up pink blushes, but this is just perfect because of its tone. It's not too light for me either and show up perfectly. People say this is not worth the money because it's not a unique color: well I really haven't found any pink blushes that suit my complexion undertone before, so you tell me if this is unique?
I personally am super interested in different blush formula's differences and whatnot, and have tried quite a few high end brands, including: Nars, MAC, Tom Ford, Charlotte Tilbury, Dior, Lancome, Chanel, and i do like them all. But Burberry's is the most ideal formula among them, if I were to make a blush myself hypothetically.
The only thing I would change about the blush formula is the scent. Oh my god is that pungent! I use many skincare and makeup containing fragrance, but every time I open that compact I'm like Ahhhhhh that's too strong. Probably the fact that I ever liked Burberry's perfume has sth to do with the reaction.
Oh and, the compact design is horrible. The exterior is absolutely beautiful but... It's so difficult to open and I don't even have long nails. While the brush inside is considerably better quality than most other blushes out there, i would be much happier to see the blush in a smaller compact without the brush compartment. Although it is not difficult to dip my brush in, we could all use a bigger rectangular surface wider than now.

on 1/5/2014 4:19:00 PM

I love Burberry blushes, but this is not my favorite. It is a pretty pink that goes on easily. It is also relatively goof proof, but the color is not particularly unique. I don't find myself reaching for it very often.

on 11/26/2013 5:51:00 AM

Cameo is the. perfect. blush. for. fall and winter. I own burberry blushes in the shades cameo and peony, both of which i love. Cameo is the blush that I reach the most for in fall and winter - first of all the packaging is so luxe and practical. it comes with a generously sized mirror and a very soft, slanted brush that is actually useful. It comes with 7 grams of product which is nearly twice of what you get in a Nars blush. The powder is so finely milled - actually all of Burberry's powders are very fine, soft and easily blendable. This blush is a muted neutral pink - it's so pretty and muted that i don't need to use a bronzer because the color itself is so appealing that it's pretty as a blush but it is muted enough to also act as a contour. I have light, warm-toned skin and i am loving how it looks on me. that said i believe it looks terrific on all skin tones - this is truly a natural, yet pigmented, luxurious blush for winter.

on 3/22/2013 3:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a beautiful blush all around: great dusty rose color, amazing texture, blends easily, builds up color nicely. My only complaint is that on my oily skin the color turned muddy/dark after several hours. If you have normal to dry skin this shouldn't be a problem. I wear NC20-25 for reference.

on 1/21/2013 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Luxurious perfection! This is a "just came in from the cold" blush that is highly pigmented, lasts all day and meshes into your skin, does not sit on top of it re Nars (sorry Nars lovers, and Nars does have some wonderful colors). This looks so very natural as it presents the way pale, light and med. skintones really do blush. It is cool toned and so you won't be able to wear it with, say, orange e/s or l/s. There really is not a touch of warmth to it, unlike the very pink Coral Pink, which does have some warmth and could go either way. I think everyone that can afford it should have this blush. I think LM is $30, and for $12 more you get this. The pan is bigger and it will last years and years, so that is a diff of about 50 cents a month! That is the way I justified it.

I own Cameo and Tangerine. Cameo was my most reached winter shade and I have almost hit pan on wonderful summery and versatile Tangerine.
The quality of the powder is superb (second only to Armani's blush texture), applies evenly and lasts very well on my oily/combination skin. Does not accentuate pores that you may or may not have. Packaging is probably the best (or one of) out there and its price is fine, it reflects the quality of the product and I do not find it overpriced, like I do Tom Ford's.

I'm really glad I picked up this blush. In the pan, it is a mid-tone rose color, cool undertones, and no shimmer. At first, I thought it might be too cool for me (I have a light golden complexion, about NC20 in MAC, #20 in Chanel.) Alas, when I tried it on at the counter, I noticed it really brightened up my face while still looking very natural. It does apply sheer, so it's hard to overdo or make mistakes.

There is a pervasive powdery-rose scent that fades fairly soon after application, so unless you are sitting around sniffing the product in the pan, I don't think it would be bothersome. The packaging is nice - sleek, square gunmetal gray metal compact with the signature check pattern embossed. The surface of the powder also has the check pattern. Additionally, the compact comes with an angled blush brush that is actually pretty decent. Overall, I like this blush a lot and would consider repurhasing if I ever used it up. continued >>

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Even though my floorboards are groaning under the pressure caused solely by my pink blush stash (no, really), I found Cameo beautiful and unique enough to add to the collection. I visited my Burberry counter in search of a lipstick, which I found, but the SA (why are they so smart?!) asked if she could apply Cameo just to add a touch of color to my (transparent) complexion. Of course I agreed, and when I caught sight of myself, I fell in love with it. It's a pigmented, very natural looking medium-toned pink (not a baby pink, not too deep) with no shimmer. Brushed lightly across my cheeks, it brightened my complexion and gave it a healthy glow. It's also very smooth, finely-milled and easy to blend. Sold! (Unrelated: I should never have let her touch my eyes, either. I'm so weak!)

While these blushes are pricey -- on par with high end brands like Chanel -- it should be noted that there is quite a bit more product, making them a much better value per gram/ounce. If you can get to a Burberry counter, check them out!

For reference: NW5-10; NARS Siberia.

on 10/5/2010 4:05:00 PM

I wanted to write a review on this blush and how fantastic it is. I am reviewing the color No. 1 (Russet) which is a gorgeous soft shade, it is almost a coral rose if that were a color. It has a hint of brown, but is not muddy. It is very pigmented and you only need a dab. Once blended it gives a pop of color that looks natural and healthy as if you just went out for a brisk walk in the cool fall air. I am a medium-light skintone and I have red hair, I thought that it might clash with my coloring, but it looks so natural. I am not sure if a blonde haired blue eyed girl would look ok in this, but I do see this color flattering to a lot of others. The consistency is silky and long lasting. I highly recommend.