MAC Matte - Carbon

MAC Matte - Carbon
Matte - CarbonMy makeup for Senior Ball (:smokey eyesDangerous Cuvee & CarbonMAC Carbon

4.1

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol [ /- Silica, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140)]

on 3/6/2018 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I use this as an eyeliner and its is PERFECT. It's super black and stays on all day. Awesome awesome awesome.

on 3/5/2018 2:01:00 PM

A must have! A true black eyeshadow that stays forever no matter how much you sweat and cry lol. You have to be carefull while aplying it tough, because it is super pigmented and may make you look like a vamp (unless you're a goth, of course, in this case go for it)
If applied with a fluffy brush it makes the perfect sexy smoky eye!

An absolute must have for any makeup kit. You can use this in so many ways - a crease colour, blending colour, liner and to smoke out your liner. If you were going to choose between this and Black Tied, I'd go with Carbon, since Black Tied doesn't really come out sparkly anyway.

on 5/5/2017 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Most intense black from Mac. At first applies patchy but is certainly build-able. Works best with a shadow Primer. Great for smokey eye or creating intensity to most coloured shadows. Matte type shadow. I don't use it often enough, but when I do- takes my eyes up another level. Worth having...

on 12/29/2016 1:06:00 PM

Great intense black. Very long lasting. I always apply a thin layer of Too Faced Shadow Insurance eye shadow primer, wait a few minutes and then apply my eye shadow, eyeliner etc. When applied this way, this shadow easily survives 10 hours and more. No fading, no melting, no creasing (and I have very oil eyelids), even in very hot and humid weather. It is also very cost-effective as it takes months of everyday use before you start seeing the pan. Will definitely repurchase.

on 9/29/2016 7:28:00 AM

I just can't work with Carbon. I definitely have a bad formulation or maybe that's how it's formulated. It goes on patchy and it's super hard to build it evenly when I try to darken my crease or do the outer V.

Sometimes I use it on the top lash line for a smoky eye, but I mostly prefer to use my black eye kohl. I could have done without Carbon in my collection.

on 5/19/2016 10:27:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is the absolute best thing I have found to fill in my black eyebrows, as it is a sheer black that has some serious staying power. Every other black shadow I have tried to use just ends up looking ridiculous. When I use it as an eyeshadow I have to build it up a bit, but it's worth it for the staying power. I also use it to set my eyeliner. I have been using this for all these purposes for over a year and I still have plenty left so... yeah, totally worth the price.
Also I heard Hallie Berry users it as a contour powder.

Matte finish carbon black colour eyeshadow. Great for darkening the crease.
Easy to apply and blend. Good longevity.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was excited about this because I had heard it was the blackest black ever. It's not. There is almost no pigment at all and this could even be a good thing in order to get more control over the shadow but it very hard to blend and it looks cakey if you layer it. Even with primer, it will only last about an hour without creasing. I will be sticking to Kat Von D's lucifer (the blackest black I have found so far) ou Catherine Hill's black (whenever I want a lighter shade)

on 4/30/2015 9:29:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I'd say this is a decent, basic black. Carbon is MAC's matte black. It's not charcoal or grey, but it's a basic black. I purposely LIKE the fact that this isn't an incredibly dark black. I know some reviews of it aren't good, but I like the fact that you can use to to smoke up an eye look without completely blacking out other colors that you're using. I've had this for years and it barely has a dip in it. This is also great for setting eyeliner or using wet as a liner itself. It can apply a little patchy if you're using it alone, but used over a darker base it's fine.