4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 months ago

I love black shadow so much I owned two Guerlain Les Noirs palettes--one that was gifyed to me by a makeup artist who knew how much I loved it. That's how I know this isn't the deepest black whatever. They have reformulated it according to the MAC girls and it shows. This is perfect for the purpose of deepening other colours, or setting liner. I don't want the most pigmented black possible for those things as the most pigmented ones no matter what anyone says are MESSY and difficult to use. They are often crumbly or have a lot of fallout. This is more manageable. With this you get an application that can be layered and blended cleanly. For that purpose it is ideal.

About reviewer (99 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

3.0

9 months ago

I’m surprised at the reviews saying how intense the color is in this- it’s really not at all in my opinion. I bought to use on lash line when doing a smoky eye but found it would look more gray than black. I still use it’s a blending shade in the outer V but won’t buy again.

About reviewer (64 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Other

HairBlond

EyesGreen

2 years ago

I use this as an eyeliner and its is PERFECT. It's super black and stays on all day. Awesome awesome awesome.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Tan

HairBrown

EyesHazel

from

2 years ago

A must have! A true black eyeshadow that stays forever no matter how much you sweat and cry lol. You have to be carefull while aplying it tough, because it is super pigmented and may make you look like a vamp (unless you're a goth, of course, in this case go for it) If applied with a fluffy brush it makes the perfect sexy smoky eye!

About reviewer (80 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBlond

3 years ago

An absolute must have for any makeup kit. You can use this in so many ways - a crease colour, blending colour, liner and to smoke out your liner. If you were going to choose between this and Black Tied, I'd go with Carbon, since Black Tied doesn't really come out sparkly anyway.

About reviewer (134 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

3 years ago

Most intense black from Mac. At first applies patchy but is certainly build-able. Works best with a shadow Primer. Great for smokey eye or creating intensity to most coloured shadows. Matte type shadow. I don't use it often enough, but when I do- takes my eyes up another level. Worth having...

About reviewer (248 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Medium

from

3 years ago

Great intense black. Very long lasting. I always apply a thin layer of Too Faced Shadow Insurance eye shadow primer, wait a few minutes and then apply my eye shadow, eyeliner etc. When applied this way, this shadow easily survives 10 hours and more. No fading, no melting, no creasing (and I have very oil eyelids), even in very hot and humid weather. It is also very cost-effective as it takes months of everyday use before you start seeing the pan. Will definitely repurchase.

About reviewer (82 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBrunette

1.0

3 years ago

I just can't work with Carbon. I definitely have a bad formulation or maybe that's how it's formulated. It goes on patchy and it's super hard to build it evenly when I try to darken my crease or do the outer V. Sometimes I use it on the top lash line for a smoky eye, but I mostly prefer to use my black eye kohl. I could have done without Carbon in my collection.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

4 years ago

This is the absolute best thing I have found to fill in my black eyebrows, as it is a sheer black that has some serious staying power. Every other black shadow I have tried to use just ends up looking ridiculous. When I use it as an eyeshadow I have to build it up a bit, but it's worth it for the staying power. I also use it to set my eyeliner. I have been using this for all these purposes for over a year and I still have plenty left so... yeah, totally worth the price. Also I heard Hallie Berry users it as a contour powder.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

EyesHazel

4 years ago

Matte finish carbon black colour eyeshadow. Great for darkening the crease. Easy to apply and blend. Good longevity.

About reviewer (409 reviews)

Age30-35