Prestige matte- Virtue

Price: $

Price: $

on 5/5/2011 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I received this in a swap and I am so pleased with it. My local Ulta carries so few of this brand's eyeshadows, and what they do carry is shiny. Not a good look for me. This is a deep purple--no red in it--that leans towards blue/gray. It is very smooth and soft, pretty darned pigmented and just a nice matte eyeshadow. Depending on your skill at blending, it could be used as an all-over lid color, and for the crease or for lining. I experimented/played with this as a lid shade, and lined my eyes sparingly with Revlon's matte shadow in Riviera Blue and it was so pretty. I'd love to try more of the matte shadows, if only Ulta would carry them. Recommended!

This is my third Prestige shadow, and I have yet to be displeased. Great pigmentation, very blendable. I always use a primer, so I cannot speak for wearing this without one. But with a primer, I have no trouble with staying power.

I got this at Ulta. I really love purple shadows, and this is a great addition to my collection. This is a greyish dark purple. Definitely not a "plum". As mentioned, it is a matte shadow.

It's funny that Staciarose mentioned the color being similar to Urban Decay shadows, because this is one a VERY close match to UD Cult! In fact, I almost picked up Cult at Ulta until I discovered this cheaper alternative. Good pigmentation and the texture is very soft and smooth, also like UD. I'm all for a nice high-end splurge on some things, but why spend more than you have to on this one?

UPDATE: I had originally said this was a good dupe for Heist, but it's definitely a lot closer to Cult. I had my swatches on my hand at Ulta mixed up! Sorry about that! LOL

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I can't believe these are only $3.99. What a steal for the pigment and soft matte texture. When I swiped it across my hand I thought it looks so much like the Urban Decay matte shadows.
This shade is a smokey purple. When I see or can remember a good high end dupe for it I'll update. The swatch does look more purple on the website next to the other swatches. If you want a good matte but still cheap shadow then go for these. I hate to waste money on even drugstore make-up. Prestige is sold at Ulta and Rite Aid.

Top Rated Eye Shadow