Tarte Smooth Operator Micronized Clay Finishing Powder

Tarte Smooth Operator Micronized Clay Finishing Powder
Smooth Operator Micronized Clay Finishing Powder

4.1

Translucent - Silica, Kaolin, Lecithin, Lysophosphatidic Acid, Lysolecithin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I was looking for a setting powder and a saleswoman at Sephora recommended this. She took an eyeliner pencil, drew a line on the back of her hand, and then smudged the liner with her finger. Then she repeated the mark, dusted it with the Tarte powder and it didn't smudge! I thanked her and bought it that second! I've purchased this several times and will not live without it. But remember this powder 'sets' makeup. I use MAC Blot Powder for touchups during the day. It doesn't break me out and doesn't cause a prickly feeling on my face like Bare Essentials can do.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is going to be hard to explain but I'll try my best
This wasn't terrible but I feel like I've had better. I bought this in a rush at Macy's since they don't have LM ( I usually use the secret brightening powder) so I got this since I love tarte
It is finely milled goes on with ease
It did blur and minimize pores however it didn't keep me matte during a 5 hour shift at work
I'm oily and dry so I have to tend to both skin issues
I like matte but not too matte but I still have to set everything I put on my face so to counteract that I set and then spray fix plus
My issue is when I put this on it doesn't give you that extra umph .. when I usually put setting powder on the middle of my face I feel like it's suppose to help not make it worse and for some reason when I put this on I felt like I had no concealer on .. redness for some reason came through ( despite color correction )
It's just not for me. Not bad just not what I was looking for.
It doesn't really claim to brighten so I can't knock it for that but I think I need something I bit more than what this is.
I'm not looking for a miracle but I feel like even after a shift it just made my makeup look worse
And no matter how tight you close the cap on this product always comes out.

on 8/7/2016 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This blurs pores a bit, but it makes my skin feel uncomfortably dry... yet it doesn't keep my oil at bay. The packaging is also terrible. I've had a problem with the lid cracking on the side.

on 8/8/2016 11:27:00 AM

My holy grail product. I prefer this to Laura Mercier loose powder,Laura Mercier secret brightening powder and MUFR Hd powder.

I live in South East Asia. The weather is generally hot all year round; 90 degrees F and 75% humidity. I have combo skin with dry patches on my cheeks and neck.

Why do I love this product ?
- it makes my foundation last longer. Makes my t zone matte and does not clumg to my dry patches. Laura Mercier powder does not do that for me. If I use LM, my foundation disappears by lunch.
- does not give me flashback
- a little goes a long way.

I do not think this powder is suitable for baking. I rarely bake, right now I am trying Ben Nye banana powder.... So far, not impressed.

Overall good powder. Mattifies and sets really well. The texture feels like nothing which I love.

Only complaint is the packaging - I wish it had a mesh screen like their loose powder foundations.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I have tried several different brands of finishing powder, but I always come back to old faithful here. I gave four lippies instead of 5 because I do have to touch up mid day because I get shiny, but I can't blame the powder for my face being an oil factory. I tried the pressed powder version and didn't like it at all, but the loose powder is great. It lasts a very long time too.

on 5/9/2016 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I've been using this powder for 5 years now. I haven't found another that feels so light on the face that doesn't leave a white cast. In those 5 years I've only had 2 containers, as I have to use so little. I have mostly stopped wearing foundation (treating my skin right and letting it breathe day to day has made it awesome) and only wear concealer when I want to look more out together, but this powder is an everyday staple to put over my spf to keep shine away. It also gives a slightly smoother look to my skin. I cannot feel this on my skin, it doesn't cause funny creasing on bare skin or concealer, it doesn't have a white cast, and no smell. The one thing I've never like about this is the packaging. The first one was a cheap feeling plastic container with a tiny, single hole to dispense product, and it took lots of shaking to get product out. The second one is a nicer container, but the cap doesn't screw on securely, and it has tons of holes. I have all of them but one taped up still, as otherwise way too much product is let out (the newer holes are bigger openings allowing more product through). If they managed to get their container issues fixed this would be perfect. I'm managing to make it work, but I hate that I'm having to do that for such an expensive product. If this powder wasn't amazing, the packaging would make it a return for me. Overall, I would still reccomend this product.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Overall an okay product. blurs pores temporarily when i buff it into my skin. does not really keep me shine free. I still oil up within a couple of hours. however a little goes a long way. I purchased the travel size over a year ago and still have lots of it left. When i travel with it, lots of product comes through the sifter as it gets knocked about in my bag or luggage. Will try a similar product from another brand when i actually do finish this.

on 1/22/2016 9:53:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I wouldn't have purchased this because I think Tarte in general is over-priced.
But I received a decent sized sample (it'll last quite a while) in my Ipsy bag. Well, I absolutely LOVE this product. I've not been a fan of powders because they tend to look chalky and/or cakey on me, even with just a light dusting.
But THIS product is great - a light dusting is barely noticeable and its so finely milled. It helps keep my t-zone oil at bay, and doesn't look chalky, and doesn't settle into fine lines or wrinkles. It's fantastic! I love this product and also the Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-free Loose powder (I add just a smidgen of corn startch to the PF powder, but barely any at all) and mine's in the shade "Translucent Light" - it's perfect! (And t doesn't bring any kind of white cast to my skin tone.) No settling into lines. Lasts for hours. Can be reapplied with a very light dusting about 1/2 way through my day. It just is so smooth and helps with the oil.
Love BOTH products and highly recommend, especially if you've shied away from powders like I had (and I had tried SO many different brands of loose powders....)

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Annoying packaging, it spills over my entire make up draw. The overall feel on the face is okay, however over time it dries out and it does have a very powder-y look to it.