Tarte Smooth Operator Micronized Clay Finishing Powder

Tarte Smooth Operator Micronized Clay Finishing Powder

4.1

Translucent - Silica, Kaolin, Lecithin, Lysophosphatidic Acid, Lysolecithin.

on 8/8/2016 11:27:00 AM

My holy grail product. I prefer this to Laura Mercier loose powder,Laura Mercier secret brightening powder and MUFR Hd powder.

I live in South East Asia. The weather is generally hot all year round; 90 degrees F and 75% humidity. I have combo skin with dry patches on my cheeks and neck.

Why do I love this product ?
- it makes my foundation last longer. Makes my t zone matte and does not clumg to my dry patches. Laura Mercier powder does not do that for me. If I use LM, my foundation disappears by lunch.
- does not give me flashback
- a little goes a long way.

I do not think this powder is suitable for baking. I rarely bake, right now I am trying Ben Nye banana powder.... So far, not impressed.

on 8/7/2016 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This blurs pores a bit, but it makes my skin feel uncomfortably dry... yet it doesn't keep my oil at bay. The packaging is also terrible. I've had a problem with the lid cracking on the side.

To Read all 140 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Annoying packaging, it spills over my entire make up draw. The overall feel on the face is okay, however over time it dries out and it does have a very powder-y look to it.

on 5/9/2016 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I've been using this powder for 5 years now. I haven't found another that feels so light on the face that doesn't leave a white cast. In those 5 years I've only had 2 containers, as I have to use so little. I have mostly stopped wearing foundation (treating my skin right and letting it breathe day to day has made it awesome) and only wear concealer when I want to look more out together, but this powder is an everyday staple to put over my spf to keep shine away. It also gives a slightly smoother look to my skin. I cannot feel this on my skin, it doesn't cause funny creasing on bare skin or concealer, it doesn't have a white cast, and no smell. The one thing I've never like about this is the packaging. The first one was a cheap feeling plastic container with a tiny, single hole to dispense product, and it took lots of shaking to get product out. The second one is a nicer container, but the cap doesn't screw on securely, and it has tons of holes. I have all of them but one taped up still, as otherwise way too much product is let out (the newer holes are bigger openings allowing more product through). If they managed to get their container issues fixed this would be perfect. I'm managing to make it work, but I hate that I'm having to do that for such an expensive product. If this powder wasn't amazing, the packaging would make it a return for me. Overall, I would still reccomend this product.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Overall an okay product. blurs pores temporarily when i buff it into my skin. does not really keep me shine free. I still oil up within a couple of hours. however a little goes a long way. I purchased the travel size over a year ago and still have lots of it left. When i travel with it, lots of product comes through the sifter as it gets knocked about in my bag or luggage. Will try a similar product from another brand when i actually do finish this.

on 1/22/2016 9:53:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I wouldn't have purchased this because I think Tarte in general is over-priced.
But I received a decent sized sample (it'll last quite a while) in my Ipsy bag. Well, I absolutely LOVE this product. I've not been a fan of powders because they tend to look chalky and/or cakey on me, even with just a light dusting.
But THIS product is great - a light dusting is barely noticeable and its so finely milled. It helps keep my t-zone oil at bay, and doesn't look chalky, and doesn't settle into fine lines or wrinkles. It's fantastic! I love this product and also the Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-free Loose powder (I add just a smidgen of corn startch to the PF powder, but barely any at all) and mine's in the shade "Translucent Light" - it's perfect! (And t doesn't bring any kind of white cast to my skin tone.) No settling into lines. Lasts for hours. Can be reapplied with a very light dusting about 1/2 way through my day. It just is so smooth and helps with the oil.
Love BOTH products and highly recommend, especially if you've shied away from powders like I had (and I had tried SO many different brands of loose powders....)

This is a nice translucent powder. But really that's all. I don't notice anything amazing. Really nothing to report, take it or leave it. In my opinion you can find a great powder at the drugstore for less than 1/2 of what this costs.

on 12/22/2015 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Eh. I'd rather just buy the Elf HD powder. This is so expensive and I don't notice any lasting results. Sure, it takes away shine and sets my makeup. So does my Coty Airspun. Sure. it's finely milled. So is my Elf undereye powder. It's just not worth the price and I LOVE tarte!

Really, most powders these days seem to be created equal and the only one I have heard crazy good things about is the Laura Mercier powder but they all are just so MEH. I have oily oily skin and I need some serious help making sure that my makeup doesn't slide off my face, but I find that with good skin care, the right primer, the right foundation, then I am free to use whatever setting powder I want.

The holes in this baby are so tiny that I have to bang the powder around on my dresser to get anything out, and if I were to pry it off then I would surely spill the entire package all over the place. I'll just buy my cute Coty Airspun package and be happy. This was kinda a waste of money, but I will use it up because it does work, just not any better than far cheaper products.

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I love this powder! I bought this as I read you can use it alone for skin care benefits and that caught my eye and I bought it. At first I regret splurging on this powder because i read the ingredients and it was mainly silica. But after a few uses I realised how great my skin look with this on top.

I use this to set my foundation with a big blush brush and my skin looks even more flawless. This powder makes my dry skin alright! It's thin enough that it doesn't cake up or clash with my dry skin. It's so fine it can be used under the eye or with any heavy concealers. It's transparent so you can use it all over the face without it affecting highlight or contour.

Since its silca it will soak up moisture well and oils so don't try to bake this with a beauty blender!!

on 10/26/2015 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

this is the only powder that does not make my eyes water. I don't wear contacts, but have very sensitive eyes