MAC Cosmetics Superslick Liquid Liner

3.0

on 11/27/2010 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought this in Defiantly Feline. I was looking for a brown eyeliner and this was my first foray into liquids.

Pros: stays on all day!
Cons: Hard to apply

I think I'm used to my beloved Fluidline Blacktrack and this was my first experience with a liquid. Anyone who is a fan of liquids and better at their application than I am will probably like this as it is a great product!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I have tried really hard this last month to like these liners. I purchased four of the nine liners: Signature Blue, Smoky Heir, Treat Me Nice, and Marked for Glamour. The colors are beautiful, but it's the formula that I really don't like.

These are very watery, thin liners with a spongy, felt-like applicator. The MUA at MAC told me it wasn't quite a felt-tip, but some proprietary material MAC was working on. I'm not sure that was correct, since these liners are identical to Illamasqua's Precision Ink liners in Alchemy (Pure Show) and Abyss (On the Hunt). They claim to be waterproof and smudge-proof.

Application:

When applying these with the applicator, I found that it is difficult to get a thin, delicate line vs a thicker, bold line. I also found that the product is very "slippery" and while it sticks to the skin, it takes several passes to get the opacity I want. In making those passes, the product tends to shift and pull off. Also, when applying this with the applicator, I found that a ton of product ended up on my lashes.

In applying it with any of several brushes I tried, I found that the product absorbs into brush hairs very quickly and you end up using much more product than you should need. Using a brush to apply the liner helped a bit with getting it on my lashes, but did not rectify my other application complaints.

Wear:

These wear fine unless you touch them. At some point during the day, they inevitably make my eyes itch a little and I end up tapping at them with my finger. This makes the product "roll" off of my skin. It isn't difficult to remove, since it just takes some gentle rubbing to remove it almost entirely.

I'm returning these. I'll exchange two of them for Nocturnal and Pure Show, since I can deal with the persnickety application for the few times I would use bright silver or gold liner. For ever day, these liners just did not work for me.