MAC Cosmetics Superslick Liquid Liner

Superslick Liquid LinerSuperslick Liquid Liner

2.8

on 3/9/2012 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

It flakes extremely easily so if you're not an expert at applying eyeliner, this is not for you. The consistency isn't smooth and don't even try to put eyeshadow on top; your liner will flake right off. But, the good thing about the flakiness is that it's super easy to remove. The lasting power is okay, I just can't get over how dry the formula is. Honestly, it was similar to a NYC eyeliner. The brush was easy to use and the colour was close to a true black.

I can't comment on price because my friend who works at MAC gave it to me to try when it was a "new product" and I honestly think it sucks.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

It acts as a weird kind of mascara if the wand gets to close to my eyelashes, but it STAYS ON. The gold is a beautiful shade and the grey is really light so just check the color you buy.

on 12/30/2010 3:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

i got it yesterday and was very surprise from the application of it. the application is very easy and you can make a very smooth line with it in no-time. this is the only product so far that i could do a smooth fine line with it and i am very pleased.
the only negative thing is the colors, they all metalics whice i dont really like, i think the black is mate but they didnt had it on stock - i got the brown one that have a little purple shine to it.

on 8/29/2010 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought 2 of these, and they are both going back. I don't like this Superslick liner at all, even though I tried really hard to. I think this is an improvement over MAC's last attempt at a pen liner, but this one still misses the mark. The formula is too wet and runny, and it makes a big margin for errors. When you try to fix the errors, the line becomes too thick and messy; and once it dries, it doesn't budge. The formula is similar to MAC's Liquidlast liners in its ability to hold on tight to your skin-- AND your surrounding lashes. If you try to curl your eyelashes after this stuff runs onto them-- OUCH! It causes your lashes to stick to your eyelash curler and there is the risk of yanking some off. Even if you don't curl your lashes and this stuff leaches onto them, it makes your mascara go on clumpy in those spots. (I hate having clumps on my lashes.) Removing this stuff at night is no picnic, either. The liner seemed to break into pieces, and I had black, stringy particles all over my eye area. Best way to describe this is for anyone familiar with that tube mascara.... the mascara that forms little tubes on your lashes, making them waterproof? Well, to remove that "tube" mascara, you have to hold a warm washcloth over your eyes and "melt" the tubes off. Well, I recommend that technique for this Superslick Liner, too, because if you try to wipe it off with eye makeup remover and a cotton pad... that is when it breaks into pieces and migrates around your eye area, making a BIG mess. I am very disappointed in this product, and I wouldn't really recommend it to anyone. Oh, it swatches beautifully on the back of your hand... but try lining your eyes with it- that's the tricky part! The only reason I gave this a "2" instead of a "1" is because, at least this liner glides over your eyeshadow without fading out- unlike that Penultimate crapola I bought a few years ago. At least the Superslick doesn't dry out after a few uses over eyeshadow, and it makes a nice, deep, line without fading. BUT- it is also messy because of how wet it is. This stuff actually dripped on my shirt today during application (I don't even know how), but I doubt it will wash out... so I also ruined a perfectly good shirt today, thanks to Superslick. It also gets all over your fingers if you are not careful. If you buy this, good-luck with it. If you have no problems with it, lucky you! Wish I could say the same...