MAC Superslick Liquid Liner

MAC Superslick Liquid Liner
Superslick Liquid LinerSuperslick Liquid Liner

3.4

on 2/25/2017 10:50:00 PM

Awful stuff. Flakes and peels within moments. Love the colour brown but it is so bad.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This was the worst liquid liner I've ever purchased. It does not last and can be rather flaky. There's no spill-stopper, I tipped the bottle over once and half of it spilled all over my table. After some use, the product dried around the seal, making it hard to open and close completely. The cap with the wand then started to crack. Terrible. I would highly recommend Kat Von D Tattoo Liner. Sadly I'm overseas and can't find it anywhere.

I bought this because my wedding make up artist used this on me and all of my bridesmaids and it did not budge. After buying it, there are definitely pros and cons to this but for now, it is my go to eyeliner.

Pros:

Does not budge. I wear it with Nars primer and it stays on all day long. I have oily lids and teary eyes and usually by mid day, the tails of my winged eyeliner are always melted off. This is the ONLY eyeliner that keeps all day. I have tried many, many, different types of eyeliners, from gels to pencils to Japanese ones and this is the only one that stays on.

Intense color. The black is a true, shiny black in one stroke and it stays that way. It is not for the faint hearted or for those who are looking for a more watery black.

Cons:

Flakes off it I curl my eyelashes after I put it on. My usual routine is line my eyes, curl my lashes, and put on mascara. But I guess because I put my eyelash curler directly on my eyelid, the eyeliner flakes off with it. So now I just curl my lashes and put on mascara before I put this eyeliner.

Clumps in my lashes. I can't seem to figure out a way to get this on without clumping in my eyelashes. Now that I have changed up my routine, it is a little less of an issue but I hate clumpy lashes and this creates them. Every time.

Difficult to remove. As with any long wearing liner, this one is hard to remove. I use Sonia Kashuk eye make up remover but this liner doesn't like to come off on to the pad. Instead it first comes off my eyelid, migrates to my eyelashes, clumps in there before I have to ease it off my eyelash. Annoying.

Tough to apply. The liner comes in two pieces, with a twist of lid where the applicator is. The tip of the applicator is a cone rather than a calligraphy brush so it's almost impossible to get a very fine line like you can get with a Japanese eyeliner like K Palette's 24 hour tattoo.

Even though there are more cons on my list than pros, the fact that this eyeliner stays on all day is enough to trump all others. Given my skin type, eye shape, and teariness, this one beats out all the others just based on that fact.

I have this liner in 'Treat me nice' which is a metallic green colour and I love it!

The colour is lovely and although it takes a little longer to dry it stays put for the evening and doesn't end up down my face by the end of the night.

This is the only colour I have tried but I am looking forward to giving other colours a go. I also own Bobbi Brown's gel eyeliners which I hate and this one doesn't compare, I will definitely go back for more with this one.

dont buy this.

messy, clumpy, overpriced, poorly packaged

on 4/22/2013 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

What a horrible product. I wore this on a night out, and it flaked off like crazy onto my face, yet it was so difficult to remove I literally had to scrape it off my skin. I've used other liquid liners before, and I can understand a bit of fading, but this product really was something else.

on 4/12/2013 6:06:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

My daughter recently bought one of this and it was a real disappointment. It has very bright colours but its plastic like formulation is very bad.When it dries, it peels off and the remaining part on the lids seems so ugly. Buying this instead of a fluidline liner, costs us 53 TL (almost 29 USD).

on 5/5/2013 4:54:00 AM

Firstly, I was very intrigued by this product because I WAS looking for something that was very black. There are also metallic flecks that aren't discernible to the seeing eye which makes the color more vivid and eye popping. I definitely got what I wished for, however I realized that it was too pigmented for me and looked too harsh in comparison to what am used to (gel eyeliner). Therefore if any of you ladies are looking for an EXTREME & BOLD black, this is for you.

First application was a very frustrating one. When I applied the formula onto my lids, it burned! Also the brush really sucks for eyeliner in my opinion. The tip of the brush isn't fine enough and the formula's consistency is quite watery so the formula spreads a little; I can't draw a precise flick with this because the result of the line is too thick. It's hard to fix as well because when you try to take it off with any lotion (LADIES, USE OLIVE OIL! IT SEPARATES THE PRODUCT INTO PIECES AND IS MORE GENTLE ON YOUR SKIN) you're really rubbing your skin to take it off and it flakes off instead of glides away if that makes sense. Truthfully, I had to fix my eyeliner's shape more than 5 times and normally I don't need to fix it.

The price is too high. The formula irritates my skin and is too black for me. I can't create a good, precise eyeliner look with this. Will return.

I hate this eyeliner so much that I had to create a MUA account to review it :(

I have been using liquid eyeliner for a long time and tried many diffferent brands. This is hands down the most difficult to use.

The brush is too soft to handle, and the formula is way to runny. Apparently, the eyeliner thinks that it is a mascara, cuz everytime I try to apply it, I find more products on my lashes than on the lid!

Despite being runny, it drys instantly - so its extremely unforgiving. I used to spend 5 mins to put all my makeup on every morning, and now I spend more than 10 mins just to apply this eyeliner. Why? Because if u make one tiny mistake, you will have to remove the eyeliner and start over because there's no way to correct errors. And the worst part is, it just happen to be the most difficult to remove too!

Every morning, I say to muself that I will have to throw this away return it, I can't continue to treat myself like this

But every evening, I change my mind because so far, for me, this is the only eyeliner that doesn't smudge after 8 hours wiyhout UD all nighter. Lancme, Bobbi brown, UD's products all failed the test

I hate this eyeliner with a passion

I hate the fact that I have to use it even more