MAC Cosmetics Superslick Liquid Liner

Superslick Liquid LinerSuperslick Liquid Liner

3.4

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I absolutely love this eyeliner. I used to use GOSH Extreme Art liner (very similar to the discontinued MAC Liquidlast that this replaced) but I hated the brush, and always found myself reaching for a different brush to apply.

This eyeliner has a very nice felt tip applicator that makes it really easy to get a perfect consistent line, thick or thin, and also a perfect wing. It lasts all day and night, I'm not proud of this, but I have worn it for 24 hours and it stayed on perfectly the whole time. I've also showered with this on and had it stay intact.

It does have a tendency to flake if you rub your eyes, but I don't, so I don't have any problems with it.

I have this is On The Hunt (black) and Pure Show (gold) and both colours are excellently executed. The black is dark, rich, inky, and slightly glossy in a very flattering way. The gold is extremely shimmery, without looking like very chunky glitter.

I use the gold one as an inner corner highlight product and an eyeshadow base (blend it out if you want to use it like that) and I use the black one everyday to line the top and bottom lash line, as well as wing out my liner and draw on my bottom eyelashes (I think that's an Asian thing).

This is a great eyeliner. It is pretty much idiot-proof, with the felt tip pen applicator you really can't go wrong. This eyeliner comes off so easily with makeup remover. I gave it a two for packaging because really... it sucks. The product gathers all around the lid and becomes extremely difficult to peel off. I do love this eyeliner though so I will continue to buy it. A little does got a long way!

on 12/21/2011 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I really like this eye liner. Its smudge proof, stays on all day and easy to remove at night. The only down side to this is the applicator - I feel like its too thick and short to get a precise application. But other than that, one of the worthwhile eye liners out there!

on 9/10/2011 7:32:00 PM

this is the best liquid eyeliner ever! the pen makes it so easy to apply. its perfect for beginners, people that want to save time, and just people that like easy to apply, great prodcuts! i have it in black, and i just love it. its so black, it doesnt flake or fade, and its easy to get a thin, precise line, its easy to thicken the line, and its easy to wing it out a bit. its just perfect! i def recommend this!

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This is the only eyeliner that does not smudge on me. It stayed on all day and its my HG liner. Every other eyeliner,liquid or pencil, waterproof or not, smudge on me by mid day... ie Mac's fluid line, maybelline gel liner, revlon colorstay eyepencil etc. Not only that, it comes off super easy, no rubbing needed, it just flakes off with eye makeup remover.

I love the applicator, its a flexible, rubber like tip, very easy to apply a thin or thick line. I have it in defiantly feline - dark brown.

on 10/1/2010 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love love love these liners. I first got Desires and Devices (the dark green one). It was amazing. Beautiful colour. The brush is excellent, which makes the application so easy. The staying power is excellent. It makes me go back to MAC and bought Defiantly Feline (the brown bronze one), which I love as well! Good stuff! Shame it's limited edition.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I LOVE the new Superslick liners. They are hands down my most favorite liquid eyeliner. The brush is phenomenal and makes application effortless. The formula is great and lasts forever and does not smudge. They are easy to get off with cleanse off oil. I cannot stand the Liquid Last Liners, these are MUCH MUCH MUCH better. The colors are amazing and gorgeous.

on 9/8/2010 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Very, very easy to apply. You just have to remove some excess like nail polish so it's not too wet and you don't over apply. The colors are also beautiful. I got the shimmery brown and shimmery gray, or silver. I hope these aren't limited edition because I can't wait to get more colors.

on 9/4/2010 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I bought 4 of these last week--got the gold one (Pure Show), the green one (Treat Me Nice), the brown one (can't remember the name) and the purple one (Smoky Heir). I love all of them. I am horrible at applying liquid eyeliner and usually stick to the Fluidlines and an angled brush if I want a winged-out eyeliner look, but these help immensely and are gorgeous. I have oliy lids and I use a primer, so I have no issues with these slipping off my eyelids. It takes a bit of practice to get used to it (personally...like I said I'm horrible with liquid eyeliner but if you're already a pro I imagine these would already be easy for you to use) but they are gorgeous and last all day. There was a teensy bit of flaking but nothing majorly noticeable. Removal is also super easy and does not leave you with a ton of product buildup underneath your eyes. Also I recommend curling your eyelashes before applying these just to make sure you get the line as precise as possible and making sure you don't ruin it with the eyelash curler. I haven't tried MAC's LiquidLast so I can't compare, but so far these have been the best liquid liners I have tried.

on 9/2/2010 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I absolutely love this liner, I got on the hunt and the blue one. Its pretty small but I have others to fall back on. I would not recommend this for oily lids, the only exception is if you use a good lid primer. My MUA explained the application technique, u have to really slant it for the best application. If you are just starting to use liquid liners and have not perfected your application stay away from this guy. Remove it with a warm washcloth rather than makeup remover, to reduce rubbing....bcos it flakes off, which may be a put off to some. I also like that it looks like patent leather lol.