Garnier Moisture Rescue Lightweight UV Lotion SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Garnier Moisture Rescue Lightweight UV Lotion SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Active Ingredients: Ensulizole 1.5% Octinoxate 7.5% Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerine, Triethanolmine, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Water, Allantoin, Tocopherol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Steric Acid, PEG-100 Stearate, Dimethiconol, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Aluminum Hydroxide, Palmitic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl, Methylpropional, 694327 22, F.I.L. B11535/3 [September 6, 2010]

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Perfect for my skin type, even though it's oily\combination. I do prefer gel or gel-cream formulas because lotions tend to make my skin oily faster but this is great! I love using this in the morning before I do my makeup because of the SPF in it. Its very moisturizing, but doesn't make my skin oily and smells very "Garnier", if that makes any sense. I like that they have a pump! Good show, Garnier!

on 3/5/2013 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Garnier is one of those brands I trust when it comes to facial moisturizers (and, frankly, my acne). I've tried other brands such as Olay and L'Oreal but not to much avail.

I visited family in San Francisco a few months ago during Christmas and accidentally left my current oil-free moisturizer at someone's house in San Jose. Much to my dismay, it was cold, and it was winter, so I promptly bought a moisturizer the first thing I realized my routine one was gone. I picked up this jewel at a corner Walgreens which was on sale for $4--great, because San Francisco is relatively expensive for a Texas gal like me--and the scent, moisturizing properties, and texture just wowed me. Garnier can do me no wrong.

It's very lightweight, but got me through the winter months (I still use it daily, and I'm 1/3 through it) and it my face still feels moist after application, which I adore. There's also a lockking mechanism so if you toss the bottle into your bag, it won't "explode" in there.

I just checked to see if online retailers still stocked up on it, but I don't see it anymore? Was it discontinued? For 4.5 oz at the normal Garnier price, it still would be great to buy. I love it since it seems "fruit" formulated creams and moisturizers work well with my sensitive, acne-prone skin. They have another moisturizer Garnier still regularly markets, but it's a smaller package (1.7 oz I believe). It'll still do the job, but still, Moisture Rescue has a bit of an upperhand in the fragrance and quantity department.

I LOVE this stuff. I use it in the mornings before foundation. It is really moisturizing and does not leave me feeling greasy like other SPF lotions. Plus, this smells so good.

I hope this isn't being discontinued. I got it at Walgreens on clearance for $4-5, and I haven't really seen it anymore.

on 1/27/2013 12:36:00 AM

This is a decent moisturizer but for it does not provide enough moisture for my slightly dry areas. It's definitely lightweight. I wouldn't say my skin is 'deeply hydrated' as claimed though, so I could see this as a ok moisturizer for the summer time.. but I wouldn not repurchase.

on 12/9/2012 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Ouuuch!
This stuff burned my skin when I first put it on. Overtime I found it to be very moisturizing, so I endured the sting and kept using it. About a week in my skin began to feel tight, like I hadn't moisturized at all. (To the touch it was soft and smooth, but my face felt stretched and abused.)
Will never buy again. Awful experience.

I find it very hard to find a good facial moisturizer for my combination skin. I get very oily in my T-zone but dry and flaky on my cheeks. I have had disappointing results with a lot of department store moisturizers, mainly that they are either too greasy or they don't give enough moisture to my skin. This is the perfect medium for me. It smells nice, absorbs quickly into the skin and leaves my skin soft and moisturized. Sometimes in the winter when my skin gets extra dry and my flakes still show through, I will just put on some serum first and I'm good to go :) Love this and will definitely continue to purchase!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I liked that this absorbed into my skin fairly quickly and that it made my face really soft. It smells like shampoo, not in a bad way, but it's kinda weird. The great thing about this is that it doesn't leave a white cast! There are so many sunscreens out there that leave my face looking pale and sickly, and this isn't one of them.
I'd say this is best for use in the summer/spring since it's pretty lightweight. For those of you with drier skin, it might not be moisturizing enough.

on 11/29/2011 5:49:00 PM

I purchased this moisturizer about 2 months ago for an every-day before makeup moisturizer with SPF and it has far surpassed any other DS one I've ever tried.. I love the fact that I only need one small pump for my whole face, and it smells so fresh. Most lotion-y types aren't hydrating enough and leave my nose all flakey, but this one doesn't. My makeup actally looks natural now and not flakey around my dry areas! I sometimes even use this after washing my face at night because it leaves my skin so soft and perfectly balanced, not greasy like a heavier cream, or tight and crinkly like a gel or gel-cream. If I need a little extra moisture on my dry areas at night I use Clinaderm Cream, which is an awesome anti-irritation super moisturizing cream for allergic reactions and such. If my moisture balanace is good when I go to bed, I find I don't need to actally wash my face with a cleanser in the morning, just spash with water and use my Garnier moisturizer.

on 10/9/2011 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

i'm really surprised about all the negative feedback on this because it works wonders for me! i've been using it everyday for months and i don't seem to have any bad side-effects from it. it goes on smoothly and sinks in to my skin by the time i am ready to put on makeup. i'm not sure if i am considered break-out prone, but i do get the occasional annoying pimple. the spot treatment i use is great, but of course is really drying. this lotion helps solve that problem and also smooths out the occasional dry patches i get in the winter. i really love it and would recommend it to anyone who doesn't have super sensitive skin.

on 8/29/2011 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I'm a huge fan of Garnier Moisture Rescue line. I like everything about this moisturizer: scent, texture, and spf. The reason I took one lippie off is because it leaves my face slightly shiny. Other than that, it's a great morning moisturizer for the price.