Garnier Moisture Rescue Lightweight UV Lotion SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Other
Garnier Moisture Rescue Lightweight UV Lotion SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

2.8

Active Ingredients: Ensulizole 1.5% Octinoxate 7.5% Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerine, Triethanolmine, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Water, Allantoin, Tocopherol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Steric Acid, PEG-100 Stearate, Dimethiconol, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Aluminum Hydroxide, Palmitic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl, Methylpropional, 694327 22, F.I.L. B11535/3 [September 6, 2010]

on 5/3/2012 12:37:00 AM

I have the fairest skin in my entire family so my mother would always try to catch me when I was young and slather sunscreen on me. A few years ago, nobody made sunscreens that were matte/sheer/etc. They were greasy, and I resisted like the child I was. So my mother bought a much older version of this for me to put on, which I did because I liked it so much better. That old version came in a flatter white bottle (think a rounded Olay bottle with a flip-top lid) and wasn't called "moisture rescue" but it was essentially the product. It smelled the same, had the same texture, came from Garnier's "fresh" line and had SPF 15.
To my sadness, Garnier discontinued that product. I have since then been trying to find another SPF moisturizer that matched its lightness and ability to have a finish that did not make me look like an oil-slick. I was unsuccessful, UNTIL last year I saw that they brought this back in new packaging and possibly altered ingredients. If they did, I can't tell because it feels the exact same as it did when I was 10.
I love how it has a pump now! It even locks when you turn the head so it's great for travelling - a must when you're in university, like I am now. I do find myself having to scoop out the bottom amount with the pump straw but it's really the only setback. I can also see this being slightly deceitful: it says "moisture rescue", implying deep hydration but it's really just a light moisturizer with light SPF.
Yes, you will need a heavier moisturizer in the Winter when you apply makeup. Otherwise, your face will start rubbing off in that horrible eraser-bit like texture (you know what I mean!) It's great when you're going natural though because it provides some protection from the sun and completely dries to a non-sticky finish. Note: this does not mean matte! When you do apply makeup, however, I find it's a great "before" product because it smooths to make a nice base and has a slightly tacky feel right after you apply it so makeup can adhere better.
Did I mention how it smells great? It smells great. Anyway, I love this moisturizer. Price is great, around $10 CAD at Wal-Mart. Can you really ask for more? Needless to say, of course I repurchased! I am just finishing up my first bottle (it lasts about about year for me with every day usage - increased in Winter). Now the second bottle is waiting for me so I don't have to go without it! I will be very sad if Garnier discontinues this again!

on 9/7/2011 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

was desperate for a non greasy moisturizer for hot and humid days...my skin is dry fresh out of the shower but can become oily once I apply my HG winter cream (Ponds with the blue top)...so I purchased the Cetaphil SPF 15 and whoa, that burned like hot sauce (read my lengthy review)...I went back to CVS and had Olay SPF 15 something or other in my hands when my eye found this...it was $4 cheaper than what I was holding so I said why not (after spending damn near $15 for Cetaphil crap a day earlier)....this works pretty well, I added a dab of my Ponds under my eyes and around my mouth b/c those areas need the extra moisture IMO...this stuff smells lovely, goes on smooth and prevents oil slicks on my forehead, nose and chin...makeup seems to love this, no running and my skin feels really good nearly 6 hrs later....I think I may have my new summer HG moisturizer...my only concern now will be the scent around mosquitoes b/c face bites are NOT a good look lol

9/8 - LOVE IT...changed to 5 lipsticks

on 4/4/2011 9:17:00 PM

Like a few others have mentioned, I also broke out terribly with this product. I had previously used another moisturizer by Garnier (can't recall the name now) that I loved, and this seemed to work great for about a week. Let me start by saying that I haven't had a single pimple in over a year. Now, after using this product (the only new item in my regimen), I have very painful, cystic pimples along my chin and around my mouth, and a few appearing on my forehead. I even had to buy new concealer to cover them because I hadn't had to use concealer or wear much makeup in a long time. Congrats if this worked for you, but steer clear if you have sensitive or somewhat breakout-prone skin!!

I love the smell of this product and how it goes on. Unfortunately if you haven't noticed the rating is slow and that's because... It broke me out completely.

I have a couple blemishes here and there but never so much that it takes up a good part of my face. I would say on average my skin has maybe 1-4 pimples normally on the chin sometimes on the cheek and forehead. It's not terrible but definitely not the best. With that said when I used this product my pimples which normally was at the maximum of 4 went up to 12. I wasn't sure what the problem was. My diet the same and drinking more water than usual.

It must be the fragrance? I'm not definitely sure but for the price it's a great! If it was works for you, you'll be saving plenty of dollars. Though the payback if it doesn't really isn't worth it. If you're allergic or have sensitive skin I wouldn't really recommend buying it. Just a waste of money.

I have sensitive skin and this just did not work for me. The scent was overwhelming and it lingered for quite a while. Also it never really dried - felt very tacky. Not good under makeup. Worst of all, it stung when I put it on. I'll stick to fragrance free moisturizers from now on (Cetaphil, Cerave).

Popular Moisturizers