Garnier Moisture Rescue Lightweight UV Lotion SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Garnier Moisture Rescue Lightweight UV Lotion SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

4.2

Active Ingredients: Ensulizole 1.5% Octinoxate 7.5% Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerine, Triethanolmine, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Water, Allantoin, Tocopherol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Steric Acid, PEG-100 Stearate, Dimethiconol, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Aluminum Hydroxide, Palmitic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl, Methylpropional, 694327 22, F.I.L. B11535/3 [September 6, 2010]

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Finally.....a moisturizer with SPF that doesn't break me out! Works great, my skin is hydrated but not slimey. It's lightweight and the pump is very convenient. The price is very inexpensive and works better for me than the most expensive moisturizers I've purchased. Thank you Garnier for a great product!!!!

So far, this is the only moisturizer that my skin will tolerate. I used to use Cetaphil and Olay, respectively, and I found that they either left my face an oil slick or broke me out. I've been using this for about a year every morning after I wash my face. This didn't aggravate my rosacea like Olay had. I'm lucky to not have overly dry skin, so this even works fine during the winter time. My only qualm is that I wish it had at least 20 SPF, as most sunscreens for the face clog my pores too easily.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I enjoy the feel of this lotion on my face. I have dry skin and this moisturizer leaves my face feeling hydrated, supple, and smooth.  It absorbs within 1-3 mins and It's very lightweight; not oily at all unlike other lotions with SPF. The scent is refreshing, smells like aloe & cucumber. This is the only SPF moisturizer that does not break me out.  It's also a great base for applying pressed powder. I can wear powder all day without needing to reapply or blot at excess oil.  To give the product an extra kick I keep it in the fridge. The chilled cream instantly cools my face and diminshes any post-cleansing redness.  I will continue to buy this.

on 3/24/2011 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really wanted to like this facial lotion! The first time I used this moisturizer my skin felt great and the smell wasn't too strong, and I liked that it had built in SPF, but it felt a bit tacky after I applied it and made my T-zone look oily. The next day though I woke up and my skin was red, blotchy, itchy, and irritated along my jawline, patches of my cheeks, and areas of my forehead. I have sensative skin so I guess this just isn't for me. I'm going to switch to Cetaphil and hope that's better for my sensative skin.

on 1/31/2011 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

LOOOOOVE this moisturizer! My skin is sensitive, combination, and very fair. Normally, any moisturizer with SPF of any amount breaks me out, so for awhile I was using a moisturizer with none (shame on me, I know!) so when I found this moisturizer I was ecstatic! It comes in a fairly large bottle, has a pump, is lightly scented (a sort of fruity scent, a lot of people say like cucumber, but I think its more of a green apple/kiwi smell? Almost like sour, but in a good way), and gives my skin just enough moisture for during the day. It was an excellent purchase and I plan on repurchasing over and over, although I believe this bottle will last me forever!

on 12/24/2010 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Is it weird that my husband and I both use this? I originally bought it for him! I was looking for a cheap SPF moisturizer that didn't smell girly because I noticed his cheeks were starting to get dry and flaky in the colder weather. But it still had to be light because he gets oily in his T-zone and breaks out easily. I had been using the Moisture Rescue Gel-Creme as my night cream and loved it, so I decided to grab this for him to try. It was cheap and the bottle is seriously huge.

My own daytime moisturizer was Vichy Aqualia Thermal Light and I was pretty satisfied with it, but we had just gotten back from a trip and my moisturizer was still packed. So that morning as I was rushing to work I quickly used some of my husband's moisturizer, slapped on my makeup, and went to work. Well, a week later, I'm still using it! It's fantastic under makeup, smells nice, and doesn't feel like I'm wearing anything at all. Yet my skin feels soft and smooth and not the least bit dry. It looks great too! My husband doesn't use it as religiously as I do (he forgets in the morning), but his skin is also much less dry. Neither my husband nor I have broken out from using this product, and he describes the scent as "yummy."

I haven't touched my Vichy moisturizer since discovering this one. I think it's safe to say that when our huge bottle runs out, we will be repurchasing!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a fabulous moisturizer from the drugstore. It's perfect for people with oily or combination skin. This goes on very light and dries quickly. It has a light cucumber scent that fades quickly. I like that it does't break me out. It has SPF and you get a generous amount for the price. It also enjoy the pump. It may not be good for those with dry skin. It probably won't be moisturizing enough. I would definitely repurchase this product.

on 9/23/2010 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I really like this lotion because it's light and smells great. This is a great summer moisturizer, however, if you have combo skin like I do then it is not as moisturizing in the winter. I mix this with Eucerin original cream and apply it to my cheeks. I also have sensitive skin and it doesn't break me out or sting my skin. I think this is because it has different ingredients than other spf creams. This replaces my HG Oil of Olay Sensitive Skin lotion, which was starting to break me out and sting my skin. I am going to try the gel cream from this line next.

on 9/15/2010 10:43:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE THIS! I've been on a quest to find a good moisturizer that my uber sensitive skin tolerates. Prior to this, the only one was Johnson's Morning Glow but I don't like the feel of the glow particles when I put it on so was still looking.

So this claims to be dermatologist tested and safe. I think it might be true. It says it renews moisture and I believe that to be true also - I've used it over 2 weeks and my skin feels plumper and more smooth. I have dry skin, especially my cheeks and around my nose and I've noticed it being less so. I have redness around my nose and it's less red lately too. The smells fresh and pleasant but not in your face. It's oil free and hasn't clogged my pores.

Only things stopping from a full 5 is that sometimes when I apply it in areas I put a heavier layer of my Acne Free BP repairing lotion (which I always apply prior to this and the night before) there's a faint, quick sting but it's NOTHING compared to the Cetaphil SPF 15 moisturizer's burn that I tried and exchanged for this. Also, the pump, while wonderful on a hygienic standpoint, squirts out alot and takes some getting used to.

Price is excellent. It's on sale alot of places and AllYou did have coupons for the Moisture Rescue line. I purchased the SPF free gel for nighttime use over my CeraVe PM when late fall/winter hits and I need more moisture. Hope it's as excellent as this!

on 8/29/2010 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I just bought Garnier Moisture Rescue both with and without SPF and they are fabulous! The day lotion spreads well, absorbs quickly and doesn't irritate my face/eyes at all, nor does it make my skin look greasy or oily like my usual Aveeno Ultra-Calming SPF 30 does. Also, the cooling sensation from both versions really helps alleviate redness, maybe even better than Aveeno. I have very sensitive skin with eczema and this is non-irritating. It's a great summer lotion and the cucumber scent is really light and uplifting.
UPDATE: I'm still in love with this stuff. It's my favorite facial moisturizer. It doesn't make my skin break out and it has kept the dry skin away through the winter and now in the spring when my eczema really goes crazy due to allergies. This stuff is amazing. I hope they never get rid of it.