Garnier Moisture Rescue Lightweight UV Lotion SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Garnier Moisture Rescue Lightweight UV Lotion SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Ensulizole 1.5% Octinoxate 7.5% Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerine, Triethanolmine, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Water, Allantoin, Tocopherol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Steric Acid, PEG-100 Stearate, Dimethiconol, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Aluminum Hydroxide, Palmitic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl, Methylpropional, 694327 22, F.I.L. B11535/3 [September 6, 2010]

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Perfect for my skin type, even though it's oily\combination. I do prefer gel or gel-cream formulas because lotions tend to make my skin oily faster but this is great! I love using this in the morning before I do my makeup because of the SPF in it. Its very moisturizing, but doesn't make my skin oily and smells very "Garnier", if that makes any sense. I like that they have a pump! Good show, Garnier!

on 5/24/2012 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

I bought this to use in the morning before I put makeup on. Previously, I was using the Clinique Acne Moisturizer, or the Clean&Clear dual action moisturizer. Both of those either just stuck on my face like sticky glue or sat on top of my face and made it more oily.
I like this Garnier product a lot. I havent tried any of their face products (except for their makeup wipes a few times), so Im really impressed with how this moisturizer is performing.
The SPF is the main reason I got it, but the smell is SPECTACULAR. I feel like most Garnier products smell the same, but it is an amazing smell. If you dont like fragrance, it might not be for you. Its more of a natural fragrance opposed to a super chemically perfumy smell. The formula is also very lightweight, it absorbs easily, and doesnt leave oily residue. Just leaves your skin feeling soft and ready for whatever. The pump is an awesome added bonus, it locks if you turn it to the left, so no worries about spills when traveling. The bottle is also a very generous size, and I have found I really only need one pump to cover my whole face. In comparison, the Clean&Clear moisturizer takes like 2-3 pumps to get enough product. Love this stuff, will repurchase.

on 8/20/2011 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

what a great find! i bought this on sale because i ran out of my usual SPF moisturizer, and needed something in a pinch. i love it, and will continue to use it. it doesn't break me out or make me oily, it feels "soft" if that makes sense (which is good, as my skin is sometimes a bit irritated after using my Clarisonic), and sinks right in without being heavy. (they didn't like when they dubbed it "lightweight"). it also smells light and fresh, perfect for morning.
and now, the best part (well, other than the SPF protection): it firms my skin slightly. i don't need much firming as it is, so it provides just enough to make me look visibly more awake, and maybe even a bit younger.
finally, as other reviewers have noted, the twist-pump is perfect for travel, sanitation, and providing a true product. will repurchase.
continued >>

on 6/22/2011 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this after I ran out of Garnier Moisture Rescue Gel-Cream. This is definitely not like the gel-cream and tends to leave my face a bit oily by the end of the day. I really need something with great oil control, and sadly, this didn't do it for me. So if you have pretty oily skin, especially during the summer, I would not recommend this. I would also not recommend this for dry skin as it does not moisturize enough. I also do not love the pump because it doesn't seem like I can twist it to close it.
So what's great about it? It's a super light moisturizer and absorbs very quickly. I love the fact that there's SPF because I definitely notice that my face is tanning less. My face feels moisturized--not a lot though, which I like for day--and the scent is quite pleasant. I actually really like the smell! Also, I don't break out with this product (I break out when I use Aveeno; I have very annoyingly sensitive skin).

Overall, I don't find this to be that great of a moisturizer. But if you have combination skin, don't need great amount of moisturizing, and want SPF, I think this lotion may be for you.

on 3/27/2011 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Even though this product is oil free, it left me more greasy than any other moisturizer I've tried. I'd put it on and then 2-3 hours later, my t-zone was an oil slick. The scent is light and unoffensive though, and the pump dispensed almost the perfect amount for me every time. I'm sad but I will not be repurchasing and I actually gave it away to a friend, simply because it turned my face into a greaseball.

on 1/11/2011 2:05:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I am absolutely loving this moisturizer. This might be my new HG. I was using the Trader Joe moisturizer, which I loved. I picked up this one because of all the great reviews on here. I have oily, acne prone skin. This does not break me out,which is most important to me. This is VERY lightweight, (lighter than the Trader Joe one), and spreads very easily. It has a great cucumber melon / citrus scent (similar to all other Garnier products). It is not a strong scent and I actually really like it. I love the pump bottle. I use about 2 small pumps to cover my whole face. It does not leave a white mask. The SPF is 15, but my foundation also has some SPF in it,and I am typically indoors all day during work, so that is ok for me. I really like this moisturizer. It moisturizes extremely well, sinks in the skin very fast, doesn't break me out, doesn't make me oily, and is also affordable. I think I bought my bottle for less than $7 at Target. I definitely recommend this product.

on 12/27/2010 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin that breaks out easily with products that contain sunscreen. I've used Bobbi Brown's Oil Free with SPF for a few years with success, but the price tag was starting to get the best of me. I saw this on sale at the drugstore. Glad I gave it a shot. Perfect moisture, no breakouts, glad for the SPF...and works great under my foundation (liquid or mineral powder). I'll be a repeat buyer!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using this moisturizer for about 2 weeks now and I'm in love! I have oily skin that is prone to blackheads. This stuff is amazing! It's seriously the only daytime moisturizer with SPF that does not make my face greasy. This soaks in like a dream and you don't have to wait. This is comparable to the Biore Skin Preservation moisturizer with SPF 30, but this stuff doesn't break me out at all. I used Biore for several months and it gave me little clogged pores all over my cheeks and chin. It took me a while to realize it was the Biore causing it. I also use the Garnier Moisture Rescue gel during the night and I love it too! I feel like this line has reduced the overall oiliness of my face.

on 9/25/2010 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

This is a great moisturizer!!! It controls oil, tightens pores, doesn't break me out, has SPF, smells great, and to top it off, is incredibly cheap!

Edit: The fragrance irritated my face when I had a breakout. Won't be purchasing again.

on 9/6/2010 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I just bought this and haven't used it yet but looked up the sunscreens to see if they have UVA protection. They don't. It's got titanium dioxide but it's not listed in the active ingredients for some reason. I use Aveeno now but was looking for something less greasy. With Aveeno I look like an oil slick by 3 o'clock. If anyone can recommend a product similar to this that has UVA protection, I'd love to hear about it. No parabens would be good too!

Active Ingredients: Ensulizole 1.5% Octinoxate 7.5%