Garnier Moisture Rescue Lightweight UV Lotion SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Garnier Moisture Rescue Lightweight UV Lotion SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

3.7

Active Ingredients: Ensulizole 1.5% Octinoxate 7.5% Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerine, Triethanolmine, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Water, Allantoin, Tocopherol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Steric Acid, PEG-100 Stearate, Dimethiconol, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Aluminum Hydroxide, Palmitic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl, Methylpropional, 694327 22, F.I.L. B11535/3 [September 6, 2010]

on 6/2/2013 5:13:00 PM

my mom bought this stuff so I tried it out . I have eczema so I needed a good moisturizer. so when I put this on it burned and my face turned red. the smell was good but it did not moisturize. it also took a long time to soak into my skin. I would not recommend this product for dry skin/ sensitive skin.

on 5/4/2013 5:43:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

First of all, this has a FANTASTIC scent. It smells like apples. It has SPF 15 (but I normally use it at night). It is a light moisturizer so I wouldn't suggest it for people who need thicker creams. It is fairly moisturizing for me, and I enjoy using it.

I bought this after purchasing the gel version, I needed a moisturizer with SPF for a holiday I was going on and although I absolutely love the gel version - it does not have SPF. So I tried this one out, I don't LOVE this. But it is nice, and I would probably purchase it again for another holiday if I ever run out. I like the packaging as the pump has a lock, which is perfect for throwing in your suitcase.

I LOVE this stuff. I use it in the mornings before foundation. It is really moisturizing and does not leave me feeling greasy like other SPF lotions. Plus, this smells so good.

I hope this isn't being discontinued. I got it at Walgreens on clearance for $4-5, and I haven't really seen it anymore.

on 1/27/2013 12:36:00 AM

This is a decent moisturizer but for it does not provide enough moisture for my slightly dry areas. It's definitely lightweight. I wouldn't say my skin is 'deeply hydrated' as claimed though, so I could see this as a ok moisturizer for the summer time.. but I wouldn not repurchase.

on 12/25/2012 10:32:00 PM

OK, so my experience with this moisturizer has been good and bad. I bought this at a local CVS because it was 50% off and I was in need of a moisturizer ASAP. When I first applied this onto my face I felt this weird sensation which was weird because I personally do not have sensitive skin. I was worried that the moisturizer would break my skin out but I've been using it for a couple of days now and it hasn't caused any type of reaction. The 'sensation' has stopped now that my skin is getting used to it. The scent is pleasant and the texture of it on my skin is not bad either. It's not the most lightweight moisturizer but it's certainly not heavy on the skin. One good thing about it is that it's turned out to be a GREAT primer for my makeup! My foundation will run on smooth and cover up any blemishes and acne scars without making that area of the skin appear dry. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm going to buy this product again only because I'm searching for a really lightweight moisturizer and this just doesn't cut it for me. The packaging is nice since it has a pump.

on 5/3/2012 12:37:00 AM

I have the fairest skin in my entire family so my mother would always try to catch me when I was young and slather sunscreen on me. A few years ago, nobody made sunscreens that were matte/sheer/etc. They were greasy, and I resisted like the child I was. So my mother bought a much older version of this for me to put on, which I did because I liked it so much better. That old version came in a flatter white bottle (think a rounded Olay bottle with a flip-top lid) and wasn't called "moisture rescue" but it was essentially the product. It smelled the same, had the same texture, came from Garnier's "fresh" line and had SPF 15.
To my sadness, Garnier discontinued that product. I have since then been trying to find another SPF moisturizer that matched its lightness and ability to have a finish that did not make me look like an oil-slick. I was unsuccessful, UNTIL last year I saw that they brought this back in new packaging and possibly altered ingredients. If they did, I can't tell because it feels the exact same as it did when I was 10.
I love how it has a pump now! It even locks when you turn the head so it's great for travelling - a must when you're in university, like I am now. I do find myself having to scoop out the bottom amount with the pump straw but it's really the only setback. I can also see this being slightly deceitful: it says "moisture rescue", implying deep hydration but it's really just a light moisturizer with light SPF.
Yes, you will need a heavier moisturizer in the Winter when you apply makeup. Otherwise, your face will start rubbing off in that horrible eraser-bit like texture (you know what I mean!) It's great when you're going natural though because it provides some protection from the sun and completely dries to a non-sticky finish. Note: this does not mean matte! When you do apply makeup, however, I find it's a great "before" product because it smooths to make a nice base and has a slightly tacky feel right after you apply it so makeup can adhere better.
Did I mention how it smells great? It smells great. Anyway, I love this moisturizer. Price is great, around $10 CAD at Wal-Mart. Can you really ask for more? Needless to say, of course I repurchased! I am just finishing up my first bottle (it lasts about about year for me with every day usage - increased in Winter). Now the second bottle is waiting for me so I don't have to go without it! I will be very sad if Garnier discontinues this again!

on 4/3/2012 6:26:00 PM

Amazing moisturizer it smells great and my skin just instantly goes smooth and soft. I also notice a huge difference on how my foundation looks. I'm happy that I finally found a moisturizer since it's really hard to find one when you have combination skin.

I find it very hard to find a good facial moisturizer for my combination skin. I get very oily in my T-zone but dry and flaky on my cheeks. I have had disappointing results with a lot of department store moisturizers, mainly that they are either too greasy or they don't give enough moisture to my skin. This is the perfect medium for me. It smells nice, absorbs quickly into the skin and leaves my skin soft and moisturized. Sometimes in the winter when my skin gets extra dry and my flakes still show through, I will just put on some serum first and I'm good to go :) Love this and will definitely continue to purchase!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I love this moisturizer. It's lightweight, has a smooth texture, and a light fresh scent. It absorbs quickly into my skin, leaving it feeling smooth, fresh, moisturized, and looks great under my makeup. This is my first lotion with spf and I'm loving it so I can't really compare to others. I also noticed a slight reduction with my blemishes as this is the ony thing I changed in my routine (I don't think my diet changed mich either). I also really liked how it is in a bottle with a twist-lock feature- hygenic! Will continue repurchasing!

Popular Moisturizers