Garnier Moisture Rescue Lightweight UV Lotion SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Garnier Moisture Rescue Lightweight UV Lotion SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Ensulizole 1.5% Octinoxate 7.5% Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerine, Triethanolmine, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Water, Allantoin, Tocopherol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Steric Acid, PEG-100 Stearate, Dimethiconol, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Aluminum Hydroxide, Palmitic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl, Methylpropional, 694327 22, F.I.L. B11535/3 [September 6, 2010]

on 3/5/2013 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Garnier is one of those brands I trust when it comes to facial moisturizers (and, frankly, my acne). I've tried other brands such as Olay and L'Oreal but not to much avail.

I visited family in San Francisco a few months ago during Christmas and accidentally left my current oil-free moisturizer at someone's house in San Jose. Much to my dismay, it was cold, and it was winter, so I promptly bought a moisturizer the first thing I realized my routine one was gone. I picked up this jewel at a corner Walgreens which was on sale for $4--great, because San Francisco is relatively expensive for a Texas gal like me--and the scent, moisturizing properties, and texture just wowed me. Garnier can do me no wrong.

It's very lightweight, but got me through the winter months (I still use it daily, and I'm 1/3 through it) and it my face still feels moist after application, which I adore. There's also a lockking mechanism so if you toss the bottle into your bag, it won't "explode" in there.

I just checked to see if online retailers still stocked up on it, but I don't see it anymore? Was it discontinued? For 4.5 oz at the normal Garnier price, it still would be great to buy. I love it since it seems "fruit" formulated creams and moisturizers work well with my sensitive, acne-prone skin. They have another moisturizer Garnier still regularly markets, but it's a smaller package (1.7 oz I believe). It'll still do the job, but still, Moisture Rescue has a bit of an upperhand in the fragrance and quantity department.

on 12/9/2012 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Ouuuch!
This stuff burned my skin when I first put it on. Overtime I found it to be very moisturizing, so I endured the sting and kept using it. About a week in my skin began to feel tight, like I hadn't moisturized at all. (To the touch it was soft and smooth, but my face felt stretched and abused.)
Will never buy again. Awful experience.

on 8/29/2011 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I'm a huge fan of Garnier Moisture Rescue line. I like everything about this moisturizer: scent, texture, and spf. The reason I took one lippie off is because it leaves my face slightly shiny. Other than that, it's a great morning moisturizer for the price.

on 8/13/2011 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

The packaging is a pump form which is great for travel especially since the pump locks as well. The price is quite a bargain although I got it on sale at Target for $5 for 4.5 oz. The ingredients are good, no weird ones like its counterpart, gel cream moisturizer which contains denatured alcohol for some unknown reason known to me. The product itself isn't greasy and it leaves my skin moisturized throughout the day, but I'm not sure if this will suffice for the winter, we'll see. By the way, I have dry/combo skin more dry and this did keep my skin soft and dewy throughout the day. In addition, it contains sunscreen of 15, it could be higher depending on your daily activities. Overall, I like this moisturizer and would repurchase.