Garnier Moisture Rescue Lightweight UV Lotion SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Garnier Moisture Rescue Lightweight UV Lotion SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Ensulizole 1.5% Octinoxate 7.5% Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerine, Triethanolmine, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Water, Allantoin, Tocopherol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Steric Acid, PEG-100 Stearate, Dimethiconol, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Aluminum Hydroxide, Palmitic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl, Methylpropional, 694327 22, F.I.L. B11535/3 [September 6, 2010]

I had a really weird experience with this product.

My skin has always been very sensitive; I get a lot of allergic reactions to a lot of products. When I first tried this out, I LOVED it for the first couple days. It made my skin feel so smooth and hydrated without being greasy at all! Then about three days into using the product, I started noticing small itchy bumps starting to form on my cheeks...I got a really bad rash from this that took two weeks to clear up. It was SOOO itchy!!!

Two weeks later, after the rash had cleared up, I decided to try it again...I loved how it made my skin feel (other than the rash)! So, I tried it out, and this time had no problem with it...weird. Anyways, I was using this for a while...a few months maybe? Until I realized it had some pretty comedogenic ingredients and not so good safety ratings. I haven't repurchased.

on 6/2/2013 5:13:00 PM

my mom bought this stuff so I tried it out . I have eczema so I needed a good moisturizer. so when I put this on it burned and my face turned red. the smell was good but it did not moisturize. it also took a long time to soak into my skin. I would not recommend this product for dry skin/ sensitive skin.

Nice product. I got this on clearance for $4.25 so gave it a try. Smells really fresh and light, unlike a lot of other moisturizers I've tried. The pump design is very convenient and efficient. SPF 15 is great, although now that it's summer, I have to apply extra sunscreen as I am fair skinned and outside a lot. Not the most moisturizing product, but I have noticed that most day moisturizers with SPF are not super moisturizing. Overall, a nice product at a good price. I would repurchase.

on 5/4/2013 5:43:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

First of all, this has a FANTASTIC scent. It smells like apples. It has SPF 15 (but I normally use it at night). It is a light moisturizer so I wouldn't suggest it for people who need thicker creams. It is fairly moisturizing for me, and I enjoy using it.

I bought this after purchasing the gel version, I needed a moisturizer with SPF for a holiday I was going on and although I absolutely love the gel version - it does not have SPF. So I tried this one out, I don't LOVE this. But it is nice, and I would probably purchase it again for another holiday if I ever run out. I like the packaging as the pump has a lock, which is perfect for throwing in your suitcase.

on 3/5/2013 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Garnier is one of those brands I trust when it comes to facial moisturizers (and, frankly, my acne). I've tried other brands such as Olay and L'Oreal but not to much avail.

I visited family in San Francisco a few months ago during Christmas and accidentally left my current oil-free moisturizer at someone's house in San Jose. Much to my dismay, it was cold, and it was winter, so I promptly bought a moisturizer the first thing I realized my routine one was gone. I picked up this jewel at a corner Walgreens which was on sale for $4--great, because San Francisco is relatively expensive for a Texas gal like me--and the scent, moisturizing properties, and texture just wowed me. Garnier can do me no wrong.

It's very lightweight, but got me through the winter months (I still use it daily, and I'm 1/3 through it) and it my face still feels moist after application, which I adore. There's also a lockking mechanism so if you toss the bottle into your bag, it won't "explode" in there.

I just checked to see if online retailers still stocked up on it, but I don't see it anymore? Was it discontinued? For 4.5 oz at the normal Garnier price, it still would be great to buy. I love it since it seems "fruit" formulated creams and moisturizers work well with my sensitive, acne-prone skin. They have another moisturizer Garnier still regularly markets, but it's a smaller package (1.7 oz I believe). It'll still do the job, but still, Moisture Rescue has a bit of an upperhand in the fragrance and quantity department.

I LOVE this stuff. I use it in the mornings before foundation. It is really moisturizing and does not leave me feeling greasy like other SPF lotions. Plus, this smells so good.

I hope this isn't being discontinued. I got it at Walgreens on clearance for $4-5, and I haven't really seen it anymore.

on 1/26/2013 11:12:00 PM

I purchased this in hopes that it would be more moisturizing than my Neutrogena SPF 30 moisturizer that I use in the warmer months. The price was right and I liked that it was oil free and still had some UV protection. The lotion smelled very nice and made my skin feel soft and smooth. I was hoping it would be a little bit thicker and moisturizing for my dry, winter skin. However, I believe if it were, it might cause me to break out, which this lotion did not. Overall, this is a very good product for the price if you are looking for a light, non greasy moisturizer that is oil free.

on 11/12/2012 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I really love this moisturizer! I started using the Gel/Cream moisturizer last winter (which I also love) and picked this up in the spring when I saw it on the shelf. I loved that it had SPF, though I do wish it was higher. This moisturizer feels great on my skin. Very lightweight - yet moisturizing - and does give a bit of a cool, refreshed feeling (but not in that synthetic menthol-y type way). It doesn't irritate my moderately sensitive skin at all, seems to give my skin the perfect amount of moisture in that it never makes my skin look or feel oily at all, and I never have any dryness. It's light enough that it helps my foundation and other makeup stay put. It's very affordable and comes in an attractive bottle with a pump. And a little goes a long way! I will definitely repurchase.

on 9/26/2012 11:12:00 AM

I love this moisturizer, I use it every day under my makeup. I have dry, acne-prone skin and this helps with the dryness without breaking me out. It has a subtle scent and doesn't feel heavy or sticky on.

Popular Moisturizers