Garnier Moisture Rescue Lightweight UV Lotion SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Garnier Moisture Rescue Lightweight UV Lotion SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

3.7

Active Ingredients: Ensulizole 1.5% Octinoxate 7.5% Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerine, Triethanolmine, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Water, Allantoin, Tocopherol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Steric Acid, PEG-100 Stearate, Dimethiconol, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Aluminum Hydroxide, Palmitic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl, Methylpropional, 694327 22, F.I.L. B11535/3 [September 6, 2010]

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Perfect for my skin type, even though it's oily\combination. I do prefer gel or gel-cream formulas because lotions tend to make my skin oily faster but this is great! I love using this in the morning before I do my makeup because of the SPF in it. Its very moisturizing, but doesn't make my skin oily and smells very "Garnier", if that makes any sense. I like that they have a pump! Good show, Garnier!

on 5/4/2013 5:43:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

First of all, this has a FANTASTIC scent. It smells like apples. It has SPF 15 (but I normally use it at night). It is a light moisturizer so I wouldn't suggest it for people who need thicker creams. It is fairly moisturizing for me, and I enjoy using it.

on 3/5/2013 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Garnier is one of those brands I trust when it comes to facial moisturizers (and, frankly, my acne). I've tried other brands such as Olay and L'Oreal but not to much avail.

I visited family in San Francisco a few months ago during Christmas and accidentally left my current oil-free moisturizer at someone's house in San Jose. Much to my dismay, it was cold, and it was winter, so I promptly bought a moisturizer the first thing I realized my routine one was gone. I picked up this jewel at a corner Walgreens which was on sale for $4--great, because San Francisco is relatively expensive for a Texas gal like me--and the scent, moisturizing properties, and texture just wowed me. Garnier can do me no wrong.

It's very lightweight, but got me through the winter months (I still use it daily, and I'm 1/3 through it) and it my face still feels moist after application, which I adore. There's also a lockking mechanism so if you toss the bottle into your bag, it won't "explode" in there.

I just checked to see if online retailers still stocked up on it, but I don't see it anymore? Was it discontinued? For 4.5 oz at the normal Garnier price, it still would be great to buy. I love it since it seems "fruit" formulated creams and moisturizers work well with my sensitive, acne-prone skin. They have another moisturizer Garnier still regularly markets, but it's a smaller package (1.7 oz I believe). It'll still do the job, but still, Moisture Rescue has a bit of an upperhand in the fragrance and quantity department.

I LOVE this stuff. I use it in the mornings before foundation. It is really moisturizing and does not leave me feeling greasy like other SPF lotions. Plus, this smells so good.

I hope this isn't being discontinued. I got it at Walgreens on clearance for $4-5, and I haven't really seen it anymore.

on 11/12/2012 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I really love this moisturizer! I started using the Gel/Cream moisturizer last winter (which I also love) and picked this up in the spring when I saw it on the shelf. I loved that it had SPF, though I do wish it was higher. This moisturizer feels great on my skin. Very lightweight - yet moisturizing - and does give a bit of a cool, refreshed feeling (but not in that synthetic menthol-y type way). It doesn't irritate my moderately sensitive skin at all, seems to give my skin the perfect amount of moisture in that it never makes my skin look or feel oily at all, and I never have any dryness. It's light enough that it helps my foundation and other makeup stay put. It's very affordable and comes in an attractive bottle with a pump. And a little goes a long way! I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Finally.....a moisturizer with SPF that doesn't break me out! Works great, my skin is hydrated but not slimey. It's lightweight and the pump is very convenient. The price is very inexpensive and works better for me than the most expensive moisturizers I've purchased. Thank you Garnier for a great product!!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

LOVE this moisturizer! it is everything I wanted for my daytime moisturizer.It's very light for my combo skin and my skin actually absorb this lotion instead of just feels like its sitting on my skin like the olay's lotion.My skin is acne-prone and sensitive but this lotion (so far) doesnt break me out and i have been using it for a month now despite of its being fragranced moisturizer.But if you are like me and have driy,flaky acne spots make sure you put an extra layer on those spots because of how light the lotion is.I also like the packaging and you algo get tons of product for less than $10.

on 5/3/2012 12:37:00 AM

I have the fairest skin in my entire family so my mother would always try to catch me when I was young and slather sunscreen on me. A few years ago, nobody made sunscreens that were matte/sheer/etc. They were greasy, and I resisted like the child I was. So my mother bought a much older version of this for me to put on, which I did because I liked it so much better. That old version came in a flatter white bottle (think a rounded Olay bottle with a flip-top lid) and wasn't called "moisture rescue" but it was essentially the product. It smelled the same, had the same texture, came from Garnier's "fresh" line and had SPF 15.
To my sadness, Garnier discontinued that product. I have since then been trying to find another SPF moisturizer that matched its lightness and ability to have a finish that did not make me look like an oil-slick. I was unsuccessful, UNTIL last year I saw that they brought this back in new packaging and possibly altered ingredients. If they did, I can't tell because it feels the exact same as it did when I was 10.
I love how it has a pump now! It even locks when you turn the head so it's great for travelling - a must when you're in university, like I am now. I do find myself having to scoop out the bottom amount with the pump straw but it's really the only setback. I can also see this being slightly deceitful: it says "moisture rescue", implying deep hydration but it's really just a light moisturizer with light SPF.
Yes, you will need a heavier moisturizer in the Winter when you apply makeup. Otherwise, your face will start rubbing off in that horrible eraser-bit like texture (you know what I mean!) It's great when you're going natural though because it provides some protection from the sun and completely dries to a non-sticky finish. Note: this does not mean matte! When you do apply makeup, however, I find it's a great "before" product because it smooths to make a nice base and has a slightly tacky feel right after you apply it so makeup can adhere better.
Did I mention how it smells great? It smells great. Anyway, I love this moisturizer. Price is great, around $10 CAD at Wal-Mart. Can you really ask for more? Needless to say, of course I repurchased! I am just finishing up my first bottle (it lasts about about year for me with every day usage - increased in Winter). Now the second bottle is waiting for me so I don't have to go without it! I will be very sad if Garnier discontinues this again!

on 4/3/2012 6:26:00 PM

Amazing moisturizer it smells great and my skin just instantly goes smooth and soft. I also notice a huge difference on how my foundation looks. I'm happy that I finally found a moisturizer since it's really hard to find one when you have combination skin.

Wonderful moisturizer! I use this moisturizer in the mornings during winter. It gives so much moisture without the grease! Love, love, love!

Popular Moisturizers