Garnier Moisture Rescue Lightweight UV Lotion SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Garnier Moisture Rescue Lightweight UV Lotion SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

3.7

Active Ingredients: Ensulizole 1.5% Octinoxate 7.5% Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerine, Triethanolmine, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Water, Allantoin, Tocopherol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Steric Acid, PEG-100 Stearate, Dimethiconol, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Aluminum Hydroxide, Palmitic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl, Methylpropional, 694327 22, F.I.L. B11535/3 [September 6, 2010]

on 12/9/2012 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Ouuuch!
This stuff burned my skin when I first put it on. Overtime I found it to be very moisturizing, so I endured the sting and kept using it. About a week in my skin began to feel tight, like I hadn't moisturized at all. (To the touch it was soft and smooth, but my face felt stretched and abused.)
Will never buy again. Awful experience.

on 10/15/2011 4:43:00 PM

I was honestly not a fan of this while I was using it. I got fired from my job and I am currently attending school and this is what I had left to take care of my skin. It made my skin look and feel super greasy, and on really hot days I felt like it was sliding off my face. On top of all that it randomly started burning my face (to the point where I was in tears with pain and washed my face about 3 times to dull it) and for about 2 days after my skin was so itchy and bumpy. At first I thought it was my new cleanser (The Avalon Organics Vitamin C gel cleanser) but when I used the cleanser with one of my mum's moisturizers I was fine. Will not repurchase, would not repurchase if I loved it anyway because I am trying to boycott companies that still use animal testing (not to sound preachy, it is just a personal preference).

on 6/13/2011 6:13:00 PM

I bought this because I was looking for a moisturizer that has SPF in it. I was previously using one from Neutrogena but it's a bit pricey and you don't get that much product. And to top that off, it made my skin look and feel greasy.
Anyways, I got this on sale for under $10 at SDM. You get so much product I won't be needing to repurchase for a while. It has a light scent to it that I absolutely can not get enough of. It smells so damn good I just wanna stay there sniffing it all day. My face does not feel greasy after using this -- a HUGE bonus. Most moisturizers tend to be oily and sit on top of my skin so that they exaggerate the look of my pores. This stuff sinks into my skin and keeps my pores looking tight and less visible. A lot of reviewers say they experienced breakouts from this product. I've been using it for a few weeks now and nothing has popped up. Perhaps those who are acne prone should steer clear of this because it doesn't say "non-comedonegenic" anywhere on the packaging. I'll repurchase but as stated before, this won't be for a long time...got lots of product!
Also, I knocked one lippy of because I wish it had 30 SPF or higher.
EDIT: I should have listened to all the reviews on here. This stuff broke me out with cystic pimples. I stopped using it now and my skin is back to normal, thank the lord! I don't want to be wasteful so I will be using this on my hands or on my legs. Hopefully it won't break me out there either. If you are acne prone, do yourself a favor and STAY AWAY.

on 4/4/2011 9:17:00 PM

Like a few others have mentioned, I also broke out terribly with this product. I had previously used another moisturizer by Garnier (can't recall the name now) that I loved, and this seemed to work great for about a week. Let me start by saying that I haven't had a single pimple in over a year. Now, after using this product (the only new item in my regimen), I have very painful, cystic pimples along my chin and around my mouth, and a few appearing on my forehead. I even had to buy new concealer to cover them because I hadn't had to use concealer or wear much makeup in a long time. Congrats if this worked for you, but steer clear if you have sensitive or somewhat breakout-prone skin!!

I love the smell of this product and how it goes on. Unfortunately if you haven't noticed the rating is slow and that's because... It broke me out completely.

I have a couple blemishes here and there but never so much that it takes up a good part of my face. I would say on average my skin has maybe 1-4 pimples normally on the chin sometimes on the cheek and forehead. It's not terrible but definitely not the best. With that said when I used this product my pimples which normally was at the maximum of 4 went up to 12. I wasn't sure what the problem was. My diet the same and drinking more water than usual.

It must be the fragrance? I'm not definitely sure but for the price it's a great! If it was works for you, you'll be saving plenty of dollars. Though the payback if it doesn't really isn't worth it. If you're allergic or have sensitive skin I wouldn't really recommend buying it. Just a waste of money.

on 3/24/2011 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really wanted to like this facial lotion! The first time I used this moisturizer my skin felt great and the smell wasn't too strong, and I liked that it had built in SPF, but it felt a bit tacky after I applied it and made my T-zone look oily. The next day though I woke up and my skin was red, blotchy, itchy, and irritated along my jawline, patches of my cheeks, and areas of my forehead. I have sensative skin so I guess this just isn't for me. I'm going to switch to Cetaphil and hope that's better for my sensative skin.

It works for my cousin but not for me. My skin is a bit sensitive but I think it just hates Garnier products unfortunately :[

on 2/18/2011 12:06:00 AM

this stuff made me breakout and made me super oily! the smell wasn't overwhelming for me. but i guess fragrance adds more stuff in the mix that goes on your face. i switch to neutrogena oil-free moisure with spf 15 and like it so far.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I bought this at Shoppers Drugmart for $10 and it was on sale too. I see that others bought it cheaper. >_< Hence my 3 for the price.
I have sensitive skin which is prone to blackheads. I was searching for a lightweight moisturizer for the winter and this one was the cheapest. I was afraid that it would irritate my skin because it had fragrance, grape extract, and cucumber extract.

Luckily it didn't...I'm actually surprised that this drugstore brand didn't irritate my skin. It actually made my skin really soft too!

Edit: It no longer works for me! I think it's the spf. It just stays as a layer ontop of my face rather than absorbing. I now have dry patches on my face and it's summer. =.=
In fact, (I shouldn't be doing this...) but it rubs off of my skin after it dries. I don't know if it's just my skin or if spf lotions just don't work for me.

I had a really weird experience with this product.

My skin has always been very sensitive; I get a lot of allergic reactions to a lot of products. When I first tried this out, I LOVED it for the first couple days. It made my skin feel so smooth and hydrated without being greasy at all! Then about three days into using the product, I started noticing small itchy bumps starting to form on my cheeks...I got a really bad rash from this that took two weeks to clear up. It was SOOO itchy!!!

Two weeks later, after the rash had cleared up, I decided to try it again...I loved how it made my skin feel (other than the rash)! So, I tried it out, and this time had no problem with it...weird. Anyways, I was using this for a while...a few months maybe? Until I realized it had some pretty comedogenic ingredients and not so good safety ratings. I haven't repurchased.