Garnier Moisture Rescue Lightweight UV Lotion SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Garnier Moisture Rescue Lightweight UV Lotion SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

3.7

Active Ingredients: Ensulizole 1.5% Octinoxate 7.5% Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerine, Triethanolmine, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Water, Allantoin, Tocopherol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Steric Acid, PEG-100 Stearate, Dimethiconol, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Aluminum Hydroxide, Palmitic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl, Methylpropional, 694327 22, F.I.L. B11535/3 [September 6, 2010]

on 8/28/2010 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I saw the new moisture rescue line in magazines and was so happy that a new product from a drugstore did not cost $20! There are reviews for the gel moisture, but I was more excited about trying the SPF formula cause I wear one everyday. This is a nice lightweight formula that smells delicious and hydrates without being thick or greasy. It comes in a generous 4.5 oz bottle with a pump. I got it on sale at Walgreens with some coupons ($4). The whole Garnier line rivals high end products, so I feel this is a great quality product that is very affordable.

on 8/29/2010 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I just bought Garnier Moisture Rescue both with and without SPF and they are fabulous! The day lotion spreads well, absorbs quickly and doesn't irritate my face/eyes at all, nor does it make my skin look greasy or oily like my usual Aveeno Ultra-Calming SPF 30 does. Also, the cooling sensation from both versions really helps alleviate redness, maybe even better than Aveeno. I have very sensitive skin with eczema and this is non-irritating. It's a great summer lotion and the cucumber scent is really light and uplifting.
UPDATE: I'm still in love with this stuff. It's my favorite facial moisturizer. It doesn't make my skin break out and it has kept the dry skin away through the winter and now in the spring when my eczema really goes crazy due to allergies. This stuff is amazing. I hope they never get rid of it.

on 9/4/2010 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Great product! One, it smells amazing, sort of a cool, fresh, melon-ey scent. Two, it really hydrates my skin after a shower or just as a daily moisturizer, and the spf is a great bonus. I love the twisting cap, which allows you to have it open or closed, so if you accidentaly pump it, it won't go anywhere if you twist it to "off". Once again, great product!

on 9/6/2010 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I just bought this and haven't used it yet but looked up the sunscreens to see if they have UVA protection. They don't. It's got titanium dioxide but it's not listed in the active ingredients for some reason. I use Aveeno now but was looking for something less greasy. With Aveeno I look like an oil slick by 3 o'clock. If anyone can recommend a product similar to this that has UVA protection, I'd love to hear about it. No parabens would be good too!

Active Ingredients: Ensulizole 1.5% Octinoxate 7.5%

on 9/9/2010 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Updated 6/16/2011, True Rating 4.5

After using this product for another several months I've grown to appreciate it again. I'm currently using a prescription retinoid which is super drying. Before that I was using benzoyl peroxide and other drying acne products. This product truly is a moisture rescue. It saves my normally combo skin from being too dried out by the products without making me greasy. The added antioxidants and SPF is great too. The scent still bugs me and you can smell it on a person even though their 2 feet away from you. I smelt it on my sister lol. Overall I would buy this product again and would definitely recommend it.

Updated rating: 3.5

I'm looking for a replacement of my HG moisturizer because it was reformulated from physical to chemical sunscreens, which break me out. It seems like everyone is doing chemical sunscreens so I'm searching patiently.

I saw this moisturizer at Target for a great price and it says that its moisturizing, contains the same vitamins as my HG, has SPF so I figured I'd give it a try. What it does lack compared to my HG is oil/combo skin implications but I hardly see that in drugstore formulations.

I like the smell, it moisturizes very well especially since I am using drying acne products. It does lock the moisture in with a layer. I wouldn't say its filmy or interferes with makeup or what not. It doesn't bother me in the least but some might want a totally non existent feel with face products. I do not believe it breaks me out at all.

I'm not sure if I have found my HG new moisturizer I'll see when I finish this entire bottle. I must say it is a great value for the price.

UPDATE: I'm not usually sensitive to scents but the scent although nice is very overpowering. That is the main reason I will not be repurchasing this product. I'm just using it for my hands now. continued >>

on 9/9/2010 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I was a bit skeptical about this moisturizer as I'm not familiar with the Garnier line of face products, but I really needed something to moisturize my face and I really didn't feel like spending $20 on yet another lackluster moisturizer. Needless to say, I'm pretty impressed by this one. Not only is the price right (I think it's about $7 at Wal-Mart), but it's also works quite well. The smell is amazing (very clean and fresh) and I love the cooling sensation. I've found that it really moisturizes throughout the day and doesn't try up in certain places. If everything else in the Garnier line is this good, I'm buying it all!

on 9/15/2010 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE THIS! I've been on a quest to find a good moisturizer that my uber sensitive skin tolerates. Prior to this, the only one was Johnson's Morning Glow but I don't like the feel of the glow particles when I put it on so was still looking.

So this claims to be dermatologist tested and safe. I think it might be true. It says it renews moisture and I believe that to be true also - I've used it over 2 weeks and my skin feels plumper and more smooth. I have dry skin, especially my cheeks and around my nose and I've noticed it being less so. I have redness around my nose and it's less red lately too. The smells fresh and pleasant but not in your face. It's oil free and hasn't clogged my pores.

Only things stopping from a full 5 is that sometimes when I apply it in areas I put a heavier layer of my Acne Free BP repairing lotion (which I always apply prior to this and the night before) there's a faint, quick sting but it's NOTHING compared to the Cetaphil SPF 15 moisturizer's burn that I tried and exchanged for this. Also, the pump, while wonderful on a hygienic standpoint, squirts out alot and takes some getting used to.

Price is excellent. It's on sale alot of places and AllYou did have coupons for the Moisture Rescue line. I purchased the SPF free gel for nighttime use over my CeraVe PM when late fall/winter hits and I need more moisture. Hope it's as excellent as this!

on 9/23/2010 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I really like this lotion because it's light and smells great. This is a great summer moisturizer, however, if you have combo skin like I do then it is not as moisturizing in the winter. I mix this with Eucerin original cream and apply it to my cheeks. I also have sensitive skin and it doesn't break me out or sting my skin. I think this is because it has different ingredients than other spf creams. This replaces my HG Oil of Olay Sensitive Skin lotion, which was starting to break me out and sting my skin. I am going to try the gel cream from this line next.

on 9/25/2010 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

This is a great moisturizer!!! It controls oil, tightens pores, doesn't break me out, has SPF, smells great, and to top it off, is incredibly cheap!

Edit: The fragrance irritated my face when I had a breakout. Won't be purchasing again.

on 9/26/2010 1:08:00 PM

This is my first purchase of a Garnier skin care product. I only paid $5 for it after using a coupon with a sale at Walgreens, so I figured I didn't have much to lose. But I really like it. It smells very nice, a fresh light smell that is not overdone. It does not cause any stinging or burning on my sensitive skin. It goes on smoothly, without leaving my face shiny. I have had so much trouble with moisturizers, with SPF especially, making my combination skin look even oilier in the t-zone. My makeup goes on very well over it. I alternate between powder and liquid foundation, and it works well with either. It not only makes my face feel nice while it is on, it seems to be improving the overall condition of my face. I am not getting flaky from my Retin-A and benzoyl peroxide like I can tend to.

I'm just really amazed at the quality of this for the very low price. The regular price is very reasonable, and I will definitely buy this again.

Popular Moisturizers