Garnier Moisture Rescue Lightweight UV Lotion SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by age: 36-43
Garnier Moisture Rescue Lightweight UV Lotion SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

3.7

Active Ingredients: Ensulizole 1.5% Octinoxate 7.5% Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerine, Triethanolmine, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Water, Allantoin, Tocopherol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Steric Acid, PEG-100 Stearate, Dimethiconol, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Aluminum Hydroxide, Palmitic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl, Methylpropional, 694327 22, F.I.L. B11535/3 [September 6, 2010]

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I give this lotion a 3/5 for the following reasons:

what i like about this lotion:
contains SPF 15
consistency
not greasy or oily on skin
inexpensive
nice smell

what i disliked about this lotion:
did not hydrate skin
stung when i put it on
made face red
has added fragrance

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Okay i could tell you EVERYTHING about this.
Im using it EVERY morning.
Its cheap,moisturizes AMAZING,makes skin so soft,good primer for makeup btw.

I probably wont be repurchasing this again because this is actually good for people with dry skin to mild dry skin.

I have combination so its a bit to greeaaasy?
I dont know if i will keep repurchasing though?

on 8/20/2011 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

what a great find! i bought this on sale because i ran out of my usual SPF moisturizer, and needed something in a pinch. i love it, and will continue to use it. it doesn't break me out or make me oily, it feels "soft" if that makes sense (which is good, as my skin is sometimes a bit irritated after using my Clarisonic), and sinks right in without being heavy. (they didn't like when they dubbed it "lightweight"). it also smells light and fresh, perfect for morning.
and now, the best part (well, other than the SPF protection): it firms my skin slightly. i don't need much firming as it is, so it provides just enough to make me look visibly more awake, and maybe even a bit younger.
finally, as other reviewers have noted, the twist-pump is perfect for travel, sanitation, and providing a true product. will repurchase.
continued >>

on 1/13/2011 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Not quite enough moisture for my winter dried skin, but I'll hold on to this and try it againg in the spring/summer. There is a floral fragrance that lingers for a bit. It's not unpleasant, but if you are sensitive you may want to test it before taking the plunge.

PROS: oil-free moisture AND SPF!! Doesn't clog my combination pores. Pleasant, light, cucumber smell. ;-) Love the pump design which can be turned at the top to close for travel.

CONS: Leaves a very, very slight rubbery film on skin which can also look a little shiny later (but not oily).

APPLICATION TIPS: I can only say that, the less you apply, the less likely you are to get the slightly rubbery feel.

ALTERNATES: Devita's spf30.. It doesn't have a true spf30 protection, but it doesn't leave me greasy and does not irritate my sensitive skin. I personally love Replenix Antioxidant Moisturizer SPF 50 (in silver tube) for great moisture and spf protection that doesn't bother my sensitive skin.

*******The first pic shows all products in the line. The spf lotion is the second item.********

on 9/25/2010 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

This is a great moisturizer!!! It controls oil, tightens pores, doesn't break me out, has SPF, smells great, and to top it off, is incredibly cheap!

Edit: The fragrance irritated my face when I had a breakout. Won't be purchasing again.