Garnier Moisture Rescue Lightweight UV Lotion SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by age: 30-35
Garnier Moisture Rescue Lightweight UV Lotion SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

Active Ingredients: Ensulizole 1.5% Octinoxate 7.5% Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerine, Triethanolmine, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Water, Allantoin, Tocopherol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Steric Acid, PEG-100 Stearate, Dimethiconol, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Aluminum Hydroxide, Palmitic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl, Methylpropional, 694327 22, F.I.L. B11535/3 [September 6, 2010]

Nice product. I got this on clearance for $4.25 so gave it a try. Smells really fresh and light, unlike a lot of other moisturizers I've tried. The pump design is very convenient and efficient. SPF 15 is great, although now that it's summer, I have to apply extra sunscreen as I am fair skinned and outside a lot. Not the most moisturizing product, but I have noticed that most day moisturizers with SPF are not super moisturizing. Overall, a nice product at a good price. I would repurchase.

on 3/19/2012 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I really like this product. My skin is pretty nice, I have a few pores here and there that are slightly enlarged around the sides of my nose, and the occasional hormonal pimple, but that's about it. I have normal/dry-in-winter-skin and can get a little oily on my nose during the day. This is my go-to moisturizer. It is light enough to use under make up but moisturizing enough to make a difference, plus it's got the added bonus of SPF. It's also 99.9% oil free. I DO wish that it came with some sort of anti-aging (like antioxidants or retinol or something) goodies in the ingredients. The bottle lasts FOREVER so I do think it's a great buy. The packaging is pretty standard, but once you get to the end of the bottle you have to take the top off and use the pump straw thing to dish out the rest at the bottom. Overall, I like this as a standard daily moisturizer, and I will continue to re-purchase.

on 9/7/2011 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

was desperate for a non greasy moisturizer for hot and humid days...my skin is dry fresh out of the shower but can become oily once I apply my HG winter cream (Ponds with the blue top)...so I purchased the Cetaphil SPF 15 and whoa, that burned like hot sauce (read my lengthy review)...I went back to CVS and had Olay SPF 15 something or other in my hands when my eye found this...it was $4 cheaper than what I was holding so I said why not (after spending damn near $15 for Cetaphil crap a day earlier)....this works pretty well, I added a dab of my Ponds under my eyes and around my mouth b/c those areas need the extra moisture IMO...this stuff smells lovely, goes on smooth and prevents oil slicks on my forehead, nose and chin...makeup seems to love this, no running and my skin feels really good nearly 6 hrs later....I think I may have my new summer HG moisturizer...my only concern now will be the scent around mosquitoes b/c face bites are NOT a good look lol

9/8 - LOVE IT...changed to 5 lipsticks

on 1/21/2011 11:20:00 AM

I have always used Olay moisturizer, this is literally the only other moisturizer I like. Excellent moisturizing if you do not have dry skin- mine runs on the combo/oily side. SPF 15 is necessary, which this moisturizer has. It does have a light fragrance which is nice, but if you're sensitive to that sort of thing, you may not like it. I don't like how its a pump bottle because there is still some moisturizer left but the pump stops working- nonetheless I think its an awesome bargain for what you are getting, I highly recommend it!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I use this in the morning on my face and neck so I can have some spf. It feels "tacky" as other reviewers mentioned and makes my face look shiny/greasy but not as bad as some other sunscreens I've used and a little bit of pressed powder fixes this for me. I tried 2 different gentle Kiehl's facial cleansers but neither could remove it and left it feeling more sticky than before I washed my face so I have to use Dove bar to get it off completely. I like the pump but I always have to wipe the crusty part that comes out first. Also it spreads more evenly without tugging at my skin if I pump it into the palm of my hand and then add a few drops of water and mix it with my finger before applying. It takes 1 pump to apply to my face and another pump for my neck when I use it this way. It has never left any white cast. It will migrate up to my eyes if I apply it too closely under my eyes so I only apply from my cheeks down and then above and to my lower lash line I apply Neutrogena Age Shield Face sunblock because that one feels gentler to my eye area and never stings.

I've only had this a week so I'll update later.

UPDATE 1.20.11
It irritated my skin so I can't use it on my face anymore. It cause areas of my face to get a red irritated rash and peel. So I'm applying Kinerase lotion a few times a day to those areas to fix it (that lotion always fixes anything other products cause on my skin).I'll probably use it on my arms so I don't waste it since I still have most of the bottle left but my facial skin just can't handle it.

on 12/27/2010 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin that breaks out easily with products that contain sunscreen. I've used Bobbi Brown's Oil Free with SPF for a few years with success, but the price tag was starting to get the best of me. I saw this on sale at the drugstore. Glad I gave it a shot. Perfect moisture, no breakouts, glad for the SPF...and works great under my foundation (liquid or mineral powder). I'll be a repeat buyer!

on 9/9/2010 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I was a bit skeptical about this moisturizer as I'm not familiar with the Garnier line of face products, but I really needed something to moisturize my face and I really didn't feel like spending $20 on yet another lackluster moisturizer. Needless to say, I'm pretty impressed by this one. Not only is the price right (I think it's about $7 at Wal-Mart), but it's also works quite well. The smell is amazing (very clean and fresh) and I love the cooling sensation. I've found that it really moisturizes throughout the day and doesn't try up in certain places. If everything else in the Garnier line is this good, I'm buying it all!

on 9/6/2010 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I just bought this and haven't used it yet but looked up the sunscreens to see if they have UVA protection. They don't. It's got titanium dioxide but it's not listed in the active ingredients for some reason. I use Aveeno now but was looking for something less greasy. With Aveeno I look like an oil slick by 3 o'clock. If anyone can recommend a product similar to this that has UVA protection, I'd love to hear about it. No parabens would be good too!

Active Ingredients: Ensulizole 1.5% Octinoxate 7.5%

on 8/28/2010 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I saw the new moisture rescue line in magazines and was so happy that a new product from a drugstore did not cost $20! There are reviews for the gel moisture, but I was more excited about trying the SPF formula cause I wear one everyday. This is a nice lightweight formula that smells delicious and hydrates without being thick or greasy. It comes in a generous 4.5 oz bottle with a pump. I got it on sale at Walgreens with some coupons ($4). The whole Garnier line rivals high end products, so I feel this is a great quality product that is very affordable.