Garnier Moisture Rescue Lightweight UV Lotion SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by age: 19-24
Garnier Moisture Rescue Lightweight UV Lotion SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Active Ingredients: Ensulizole 1.5% Octinoxate 7.5% Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerine, Triethanolmine, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Water, Allantoin, Tocopherol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Steric Acid, PEG-100 Stearate, Dimethiconol, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Aluminum Hydroxide, Palmitic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl, Methylpropional, 694327 22, F.I.L. B11535/3 [September 6, 2010]

I had a really weird experience with this product.

My skin has always been very sensitive; I get a lot of allergic reactions to a lot of products. When I first tried this out, I LOVED it for the first couple days. It made my skin feel so smooth and hydrated without being greasy at all! Then about three days into using the product, I started noticing small itchy bumps starting to form on my cheeks...I got a really bad rash from this that took two weeks to clear up. It was SOOO itchy!!!

Two weeks later, after the rash had cleared up, I decided to try it again...I loved how it made my skin feel (other than the rash)! So, I tried it out, and this time had no problem with it...weird. Anyways, I was using this for a while...a few months maybe? Until I realized it had some pretty comedogenic ingredients and not so good safety ratings. I haven't repurchased.

on 5/4/2013 5:43:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

First of all, this has a FANTASTIC scent. It smells like apples. It has SPF 15 (but I normally use it at night). It is a light moisturizer so I wouldn't suggest it for people who need thicker creams. It is fairly moisturizing for me, and I enjoy using it.

on 4/18/2013 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I used this moisturizer for quite a while and really liked it. When they say its lightweight, they mean it! It is such a nice lightweight cream with a fresh scent. It leaves your face feeling refreshed and moisturized but not oily. It also has spf 15 with is great.
The bottles is a good size and the pump has a lock, perfect for travel.
I don't think this gave me any issues with my acne.

on 3/5/2013 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Garnier is one of those brands I trust when it comes to facial moisturizers (and, frankly, my acne). I've tried other brands such as Olay and L'Oreal but not to much avail.

I visited family in San Francisco a few months ago during Christmas and accidentally left my current oil-free moisturizer at someone's house in San Jose. Much to my dismay, it was cold, and it was winter, so I promptly bought a moisturizer the first thing I realized my routine one was gone. I picked up this jewel at a corner Walgreens which was on sale for $4--great, because San Francisco is relatively expensive for a Texas gal like me--and the scent, moisturizing properties, and texture just wowed me. Garnier can do me no wrong.

It's very lightweight, but got me through the winter months (I still use it daily, and I'm 1/3 through it) and it my face still feels moist after application, which I adore. There's also a lockking mechanism so if you toss the bottle into your bag, it won't "explode" in there.

I just checked to see if online retailers still stocked up on it, but I don't see it anymore? Was it discontinued? For 4.5 oz at the normal Garnier price, it still would be great to buy. I love it since it seems "fruit" formulated creams and moisturizers work well with my sensitive, acne-prone skin. They have another moisturizer Garnier still regularly markets, but it's a smaller package (1.7 oz I believe). It'll still do the job, but still, Moisture Rescue has a bit of an upperhand in the fragrance and quantity department.

I LOVE this stuff. I use it in the mornings before foundation. It is really moisturizing and does not leave me feeling greasy like other SPF lotions. Plus, this smells so good.

I hope this isn't being discontinued. I got it at Walgreens on clearance for $4-5, and I haven't really seen it anymore.

on 1/26/2013 11:12:00 PM

I purchased this in hopes that it would be more moisturizing than my Neutrogena SPF 30 moisturizer that I use in the warmer months. The price was right and I liked that it was oil free and still had some UV protection. The lotion smelled very nice and made my skin feel soft and smooth. I was hoping it would be a little bit thicker and moisturizing for my dry, winter skin. However, I believe if it were, it might cause me to break out, which this lotion did not. Overall, this is a very good product for the price if you are looking for a light, non greasy moisturizer that is oil free.

on 12/25/2012 10:32:00 PM

OK, so my experience with this moisturizer has been good and bad. I bought this at a local CVS because it was 50% off and I was in need of a moisturizer ASAP. When I first applied this onto my face I felt this weird sensation which was weird because I personally do not have sensitive skin. I was worried that the moisturizer would break my skin out but I've been using it for a couple of days now and it hasn't caused any type of reaction. The 'sensation' has stopped now that my skin is getting used to it. The scent is pleasant and the texture of it on my skin is not bad either. It's not the most lightweight moisturizer but it's certainly not heavy on the skin. One good thing about it is that it's turned out to be a GREAT primer for my makeup! My foundation will run on smooth and cover up any blemishes and acne scars without making that area of the skin appear dry. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm going to buy this product again only because I'm searching for a really lightweight moisturizer and this just doesn't cut it for me. The packaging is nice since it has a pump.

on 12/9/2012 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Ouuuch!
This stuff burned my skin when I first put it on. Overtime I found it to be very moisturizing, so I endured the sting and kept using it. About a week in my skin began to feel tight, like I hadn't moisturized at all. (To the touch it was soft and smooth, but my face felt stretched and abused.)
Will never buy again. Awful experience.

on 5/24/2012 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

I bought this to use in the morning before I put makeup on. Previously, I was using the Clinique Acne Moisturizer, or the Clean&Clear dual action moisturizer. Both of those either just stuck on my face like sticky glue or sat on top of my face and made it more oily.
I like this Garnier product a lot. I havent tried any of their face products (except for their makeup wipes a few times), so Im really impressed with how this moisturizer is performing.
The SPF is the main reason I got it, but the smell is SPECTACULAR. I feel like most Garnier products smell the same, but it is an amazing smell. If you dont like fragrance, it might not be for you. Its more of a natural fragrance opposed to a super chemically perfumy smell. The formula is also very lightweight, it absorbs easily, and doesnt leave oily residue. Just leaves your skin feeling soft and ready for whatever. The pump is an awesome added bonus, it locks if you turn it to the left, so no worries about spills when traveling. The bottle is also a very generous size, and I have found I really only need one pump to cover my whole face. In comparison, the Clean&Clear moisturizer takes like 2-3 pumps to get enough product. Love this stuff, will repurchase.

So far, this is the only moisturizer that my skin will tolerate. I used to use Cetaphil and Olay, respectively, and I found that they either left my face an oil slick or broke me out. I've been using this for about a year every morning after I wash my face. This didn't aggravate my rosacea like Olay had. I'm lucky to not have overly dry skin, so this even works fine during the winter time. My only qualm is that I wish it had at least 20 SPF, as most sunscreens for the face clog my pores too easily.

Popular Moisturizers