Filtered by hair type : Kinky

4.2

Oatmilk (Avena sativa), Glycerine, Organic Avocado Butter (Persea gratissima), Fair Trade Olive Oil (Olea europaea), Glycerl Stearate & Peg - 100 Stearate, Perfume, Cetearyl Alcohol, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Cold Pressed Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Bay Oil (Pimenta racemosa), Orange Flower Absolute (Citrus Dulcis), Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum grandiflorum, Cupuacu Butter (Theobroma Grandiflorum), Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Candelilla Wax (Euphorbia cerifera), *Benzyl Salicylate, *Eugenol, *Geraniol, *Isoeugenol, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Farnesol, *Limonene, *Linalool.

on 5/28/2016 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I like to use this on dry hair. It's what I reach for when I'm having one of those super crazy hair days and nothing is working. I'll put it on top of my moisturiser before bed and wake up to super soft moisturised hair. This has no hold so I don't use it on wash day for twists or twist outs. But I will use it to remoisturise twists midweek. I don't like lingering fragrances but I love this so much I don't mind that it's strong or longlasting.

on 3/16/2015 7:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Firstly, a bit about my hair - I'm a natural blonde with bleach blonde highlights. My hair is shoulder length, kinky, very fine, dry and there's not alot of it left.
This product has been working wonders in the overall condition of my hair in that it now feels beautifully moisturized and my frizziness is almost completely under control!
I warm a pea sized amount in my hands and work it through damp hair. If my hair still looks a bit frizzy once it's dried, I just add a little more with the same technique to my dry hair.
I absolutely love the smell of this product - it reminds me of Snow Gardenia by MOR. It has a lovely jasmine/gardenia fragrance which I adore.
I use this product in conjunction with Lush's Roots which has been amazing at slowing down my hair-fall.
The prices of Lush products are quite high so I use everything sparingly but there is a notable difference in my hair that is definitely worth it and for that I will continue to purchase and use these products within reason. Plus I feel good supporting a company that practices good ethics and values!

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

R&B is a great hair butter that is providing a much needed moisture boost to my dry colored ends this winter. I have fine hair that I wear in an afro most days so I need deeply moisturizing but light products that won't weigh my hair down. R&B is full of nourishing oils like avocado, jojoba, olive, and coconut but applies lightly and easily. The oatmilk glycerine base gives it a pudding-like texture that is smoothing and holds the moisture in for days. I use it sparingly, applying to damp hair when braiding or twisting (focusing on ends only) or for a quick revive on my loose afro. It doesn't give much hold to my coils but adds great shine and is moisturizing enough to give me a little curl definition on its own. I was pleasantly surprised that the high glycerin content didn't give me the frizzies. It plays well with my usual products (Tressemme and Oyin) and there was no buildup. The orange blossom jasmine earthy smell is very very strong at first but does fade some eventually. I'd recommend this for very dry hair and even fine hair like mine when used with a light hand. It's not cheap and the tub is small but I can't see myself using it up very quickly since a little goes a long way.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

Changing my review. I like this as a styling product. A nicer, non hardening or sticky alternative to hair spray or gel. I don't really like this as a moisturizer because the amount required to do the job leaves your hair gunky. But like I said it's a great styling product for people who like movement to their hair and don't want the drying ingredients found in many styling products. Since it doesn't do what it's advertised as doing I'm going to score it lower though.

The smell is a bit intense at first so if you hate it you may want to skip it, but I think it smells lovely. Coconutty and citrusy with jasmine. It's great if you don't wash your hair often, because you still get that nice smell when the wind hits your hair. If you don't use a lot, and you shouldn't, it isn't overpowering.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

I am already halfway through my 2nd pot of this... it is THAT good on my African American natural hair. It is very moisturizing, a little goes a long way, and the smell is DIVINE! I wish that it wasn't so expensive or came in a larger pot, but those small setbacks won't stop me from buying this stuff again and again. If you are natural or just have dry curly hair you should totally give this a try.