LUSH R&B Revive & Balance Hair Moisturizer

Oatmilk (Avena sativa), Glycerine, Organic Avocado Butter (Persea gratissima), Fair Trade Olive Oil (Olea europaea), Glycerl Stearate & Peg - 100 Stearate, Perfume, Cetearyl Alcohol, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Cold Pressed Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Bay Oil (Pimenta racemosa), Orange Flower Absolute (Citrus Dulcis), Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum grandiflorum, Cupuacu Butter (Theobroma Grandiflorum), Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Candelilla Wax (Euphorbia cerifera), *Benzyl Salicylate, *Eugenol, *Geraniol, *Isoeugenol, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Farnesol, *Limonene, *Linalool.

on 10/29/2017 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product was touted to be a must have moisturizing product for curly hair by the sales person. I was dreadfully disappointed. The product was too heavy, didn't penetrate and I tried it on wet, damp and dry hair and didn't have the great success I was promised. The smell was a bit heavy and the fact that my hair was greasy, didn't help at all either. Would not repurchase and had a hard time finishing the container.

on 10/22/2017 1:55:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I first tried a sample of this when I purchased the shampoo and conditioner, and the lady at the store threw this in with my purchase. She recommended I use it after I wash my hair, but before I blow dry/straighten. She mentioned the product will kind of melt into my hair and make it very soft.

At first, when I put the product in my hair felt horrible. Even combing through wet hair there were tangles and it was horrible. However, then I blow dried my hair and straightened it and the result was amazing! My hair is so soft and shiny and it looks absolutely amazing. I have blonde hair (not naturally . . . lol) and I was really worried this would mess with the colour or turn blonde brassy as sometimes products will mess with blonde/processed hair and make it look bad. The SA assured me it wouldn't happen, so I only used a little bit of this to begin with and see how it worked. After a couple samples I decided to bite the bullet and make this purchase. I love this product . . . it has replaced my heat protect products I previously used and my hair has never felt better. I started using this at the same time I started using their shampoo and conditioner products so I don't know if it's just this product or the combination but my hair feels amazing, and once it's dry there isn't any tangles or dry ends. I can also now go for 3 days without washing my hair and it still looks fresh and just styled.

There are a couple downsides to this product. The first is the price. I do feel for the size of the tub you get it's a little pricey, but it will last a while. For those who say you need a lot of this product to see a difference, I haven't found that to be the case. I bought a tub about 3 months ago, and I'm maybe half way through it. I think it will definitely last quite a while, so it is worth it but the upfront investment could be seen as an issue. The second downside is that it will make your hair oily if you use too much. When the SA says a little goes a long way they really mean it. I find that I put the majority of the product towards the ends of my hair and use it very sparingly on my roots as this is where it will look oily first.

Overall, I love this product and would definitely recommend it to anyone who straightens their hair or heat styles on a regular basis.

on 11/17/2016 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Really a nice product, smells amazing.

on 10/1/2017 6:47:00 AM

This falls under expensive but I'm glad I asked a friend to buy it for me in the UK as it's twice as expensive here in Singapore. I've only read about it so it was was doubly lucky.
My hair was so dry and frizzy due to the humidity here and it really helped to control frizz and restore it to an agreeable condition. I won't say it made my hair the envy of the community but it stopped being the bane of my existence.
Lightly swab, rub between your palms and apply to damp hair. I found the jasmine scent to be overwhelming at first but now I find it comforting and it does vanish after 15 minutes or so.

on 1/8/2017 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm so torn about this product. On the one hand, it's exactly what I need - deeply moisturising and nourishing, adding both definition and some weight to the ends of my hair. Not to mention how it just magically eliminates almost any frizz. On the other hand, the scent pains me. Literally pains me. I don't even know what the scent is, but it's extremely intense and lingers for a crazy amount of time. I don't want my hair products to have such a strong scent that I can't wear my perfume, and especially not when it's such a weird scent as this one.

It was a good while ago that I last used this product now, and I get an impulse to repurchase every now and then, but then I remember the scent and hesitate. I remember it being so good for my super dry and curly hair, though. I probably will buy it again eventually, to see if I can get over the scent, and that's why I checked yes on repurchasing.

+ Cruelty free
+ Vegan
+ Packed with great ingredients for dry and frizzy hair
+ A little goes a very long way, which makes this well worth the money (in fact, it lasted me so long that I wouldn't recommend you buy the bigger size unless you have very long/thick/extremely dry hair, since it's a best used fresh product)
+ The typical Lush pot, one that I dislike for face products, works in this case

- I love scented products, and I love a lot of Lush's scents, but this one is pretty bad, and definitely much too strong

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Ok so i'm a guy and no i don't use it on my hair... at least the hair on top (don't get me wrong). I use this product as a beard hair moisturiser and i have to say it is epic. For guys with very thick and curly beards like mine, the R&B hair moisturizer is a must: First of all the first good thing is that it makes the beard look so much thicker, who would want a thin beard ? second, speaking from personal experience, it keeps my beard moisturised for a full day, so i just have to apply it after drying my hair after the shower. and third, even though people are saying it has no hold, with curly and thick beards, once they are well moisturised, they will get a great hold which will last all day if you don't play with the hair. + i only have to use about the size of 2 peas to cover my entire beard and so 1 large tub can hold for 6 months if you use it once per day, making the price decent. 5/5 and i would definitely recommend for beards and people in countries without beard oil like mine.

on 9/9/2016 2:20:00 PM

I love the scent so so so much. I literally have a small sample pot that I just use to sniff every once in a while (I sound crazy, I know). It's unfortunate that I stopped using it on my hair though.

I bought the huge pot for my mom and I to share. We loved how our hair smelled. It is very heavy, so make sure you only use a tiny bit and add more as needed. Sometimes I used it on damp hair if I was in a rush, but I generally used it on dry hair (it's much easier to tell how much product you need if your hair is dry). My hair is thin, and very dry at the ends. My mom's hair is very dry all over.

It worked really well for the first month or so then both of us experienced dryness. I ended up having to return the pot. My only guess as to why this might cause dryness is maybe it just coats the hair shaft, and doesn't penetrate fully? There's lots of oils and butters in there, so it's very strange.

Another problem I had was my hair was hard to keep tangle free. It would constantly tangle, and get pretty bad to the point I think I caused some damage trying to gently detangle.

Anyway, so far none of LUSH's hair products worked for me so maybe it's just my hair. Definitely get a sample first.

on 7/24/2016 5:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

R&B is very very heavy, let me say. I wouldn't recommend this to someone with fine, thin hair. However, for me it works very well when i use the tiniest amount. I honestly think this product will last me a lifetime. I don't notice a huge difference in terms of moisture in my hair in the long term, but it tames split ends and fly-aways i do think it smells pretty awesome. Every time someone hugs me they say I smell good. It seems like the boyzz really seem to the love the smell especially

on 6/3/2016 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product is AMAZING.

So I have thick South Asian hair that is usually voluminous and curly. For sometime now, my curls have been loosing their shape, becoming both flat and frizzy. It's been a nightmare because I LOVE my curls and I hate flat, thick hair.
I started using my friend's RnB and I fell in love. I feel like I've grown new hair!! My curls are thick and luscious and I want to keep touching my hair all day.

The smell is super strong, my entire room, pillow everything smells of it. But I love the scent, it's very flowery and rich. To me, it smells of jasmine. It smells like what five year old me imagined a Princess's hair would smell like :P

This is great for moisturising, but it doesn't have much hold. I use it along with Lush's Queen Bee Hair Honey (another new purchase). The two work well together to give my curls definition and cut the frizz.

But this stuff is EXPENSIVE and I need to organise getting it from abroad, because we don't have Lush where I live. I think it's worth it though, because I don't really need to use much even though I have shoulder length thick hair. A dab thats about the size of a cherry is enough. I only use it on wet hair, straight after aa shower. I'm concerned about the product lasting on my shelf though, if I don't use it up in time.

I've only been using it for a few weeks and I am hoping my hair doesn't go back to its flat frizzy state, but so far so good!!!

on 10/8/2016 5:45:00 AM

I bought this product to tame some dry fly aways, though my hair isn't entirely dry. My expectations were smooth and even hair along with softness. But rather this is too heavy. I've tried the least of quantities, but it hasn't in any way contributed to make my hair better. So no instant or long term results. Some of my fly aways have actually looked stiff and lost bounce in some of my attempts with understanding the quantity needed of this moisturiser. It kinda becomes a hassle on days I want my hair to be perfect. The smell is good but not something for which I'd pursue this one blindly! I've got better results with ogx penetrating and renewing argan oil. Really worth it if you're looking for smoothness and healthy shine.