LUSH R&B Revive & Balance Hair Moisturizer

LUSH R&B Revive & Balance Hair Moisturizer

4.1

Oatmilk (Avena sativa), Glycerine, Organic Avocado Butter (Persea gratissima), Fair Trade Olive Oil (Olea europaea), Glycerl Stearate & Peg - 100 Stearate, Perfume, Cetearyl Alcohol, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Cold Pressed Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Bay Oil (Pimenta racemosa), Orange Flower Absolute (Citrus Dulcis), Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum grandiflorum, Cupuacu Butter (Theobroma Grandiflorum), Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Candelilla Wax (Euphorbia cerifera), *Benzyl Salicylate, *Eugenol, *Geraniol, *Isoeugenol, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Farnesol, *Limonene, *Linalool.

on 7/24/2016 5:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

R&B is very very heavy, let me say. I wouldn't recommend this to someone with fine, thin hair. However, for me it works very well when i use the tiniest amount. I honestly think this product will last me a lifetime. I don't notice a huge difference in terms of moisture in my hair in the long term, but it tames split ends and fly-aways i do think it smells pretty awesome. Every time someone hugs me they say I smell good. It seems like men really seem to the love the smell especially

on 6/3/2016 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product is AMAZING.

So I have thick South Asian hair that is usually voluminous and curly. For sometime now, my curls have been loosing their shape, becoming both flat and frizzy. It's been a nightmare because I LOVE my curls and I hate flat, thick hair.
I started using my friend's RnB and I fell in love. I feel like I've grown new hair!! My curls are thick and luscious and I want to keep touching my hair all day.

The smell is super strong, my entire room, pillow everything smells of it. But I love the scent, it's very flowery and rich. To me, it smells of jasmine. It smells like what five year old me imagined a Princess's hair would smell like :P

This is great for moisturising, but it doesn't have much hold. I use it along with Lush's Queen Bee Hair Honey (another new purchase). The two work well together to give my curls definition and cut the frizz.

But this stuff is EXPENSIVE and I need to organise getting it from abroad, because we don't have Lush where I live. I think it's worth it though, because I don't really need to use much even though I have shoulder length thick hair. A dab thats about the size of a cherry is enough. I only use it on wet hair, straight after aa shower. I'm concerned about the product lasting on my shelf though, if I don't use it up in time.

I've only been using it for a few weeks and I am hoping my hair doesn't go back to its flat frizzy state, but so far so good!!!

To Read all 155 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/28/2016 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I like to use this on dry hair. It's what I reach for when I'm having one of those super crazy hair days and nothing is working. I'll put it on top of my moisturiser before bed and wake up to super soft moisturised hair. This has no hold so I don't use it on wash day for twists or twist outs. But I will use it to remoisturise twists midweek. I don't like lingering fragrances but I love this so much I don't mind that it's strong or longlasting.

on 5/16/2016 7:01:00 AM

Man, if you want serious mouisture go with Shea Moisture.

As much as I want to like LUSH hair products, I cant. They're all too drying on my hair. This one is like applying a waxy siliconey gooey thing. It just sits on top of my hair and doesnt smell good at all.

Love this product for when I'm having one of those crazy hair days. I have very thick hair that is so uneasy to tame in humid conditions. I use this before styling my hair and it helps fight frizz and fly aways. Did I mention that it also smells amazing? Citrus and lavender in my opinion. This is my second jar and im planning to rebuy soon.

Hands down the best product I've found to tame my thick, fly-away hair. I do agree with other reviewers that you should start with a small amount to test. If you have thin, fine hair you may find the product too heavy. As well my best results have been to wash, put in and leave to dry naturally (or overnight while sleeping).

A miracle product. It works wonders for the dry ends of my dyed hair, and all I ever need is a tiny dab so it lasts me a long time.

Random thought:
Lush packaging is so bittersweet to me. Part of me likes how I can just self servingly scoop it out of the pot, the other part is somewhat germ-a-phobic of it, but realistically I feel like I'm always getting too much product.

Onto the review:
I have 2b/2c hair. It is bleached 4+ levels so it should be porous, one would think? Well, R&B is so moisturizing, I can feel it with just my fingers, it's literally like a super punch of extreme moisture. But, one problem: it doesn't absorb into my hair. It literally just sits on top of it. If that means my hair isn't porous enough to have results, then that is by all means my hair type's fault. Still, this didn't work for me. It didn't moisturize my hair. Maybe if I applied heat or hot towel, but for the purpose as leave-in product it really does nothing. I have frizz prone poofy waves and R&B didn't soften or smooth. It felt like I put hand lotion on my hair. The smell is very strong as well. Not repurchasable for me.

on 2/11/2016 1:55:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Very interesting product. This is a thick cream that smells wonderful, like jasmine and some sort of citrus, the scent does last all day. It really moisturizes my dry, frizzy, damaged hair. I was surprised at how well this worked. I've used many repairing balms/serums etc but this one really seems like it's just adding so much moisture and softness. I still do use a heat protecting serum with this to reduce frizz and help reduce damage from straightening. I only use a small amount of product (about a nickel size) applied to damp hair and my dry hair really absorbs it, it doesn't leave any oily or greasy feeling. The price is a bit much but considering how little you need to use it's worth it. Would repurchase.

on 1/4/2016 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is my go to lush styling product, I have coarse wavy thick dry hair so without an extra something I can't function and this is my something! I get a lot of compliments on the scent although I'm not particularly obsessed with the scent. It makes my hair calm and moisturized with out weighing it down so much it steals my curl! Smooths and detangles my kids hair, one tight and curly one with soft straight hair. Two thumbs up!