Warm Compress

Warm Compress

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I was reintroduced to hot-compresses for the face when I had one of the best all-natural facials I've ever had.

I have sensitive, acne prone, dehydrated skin. (Not DRY skin which I was told means you lack oil, not water). My facial started with medium sized hot towels applied to my face. This was done about 4 times. (The were soaked with some Apple Cider vinegar - a great disinfectant).

Each time she applied the compress, the aesthetician pressed over the towel gently with both hands all around my face. This removes a lot of congestion in the pores without squeezing, which can damage and stretch the pore over time. (Some deeper or larger pimples may need to be extracted.)

She also used a plain yogurt mask which does wonders. It is best used just once a week and washed off for people who get congested.

I have since done my own compresses. I bought a ton of cheap face clothes and just run them under hot water. My skin feels so clean and soft afterward! I don't do it too much, but I often do this before I wash my face at night.

It's cheap, all natural and feels very relaxing. You can experiment with soaking your compress in various teas, vinegar, or apply it over moisturizer like a previous reviewer stated.

I highly, highly recommend the hot compress.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I can't believe no one has reviewed this yet! This is awesome!

This brings any and all under-the-surface pimples to the surface. I love purging my zits. The heat kills the bacteria and you can apply a zit zapper if you'd like to dry it up. I like TTO or my Dead Sea Mud Mask. (You can substitute that with plain kaolin clay.)

This is how I do it:
I just put a warm/hot washcloth on my pimple for as long as I can stand it. Simple and easy! (Not to mention cheap too ;) LOL) Hope this helped someone out there. continued >>