Warm Compress

Warm Compress

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I was reintroduced to hot-compresses for the face when I had one of the best all-natural facials I've ever had.

I have sensitive, acne prone, dehydrated skin. (Not DRY skin which I was told means you lack oil, not water). My facial started with medium sized hot towels applied to my face. This was done about 4 times. (The were soaked with some Apple Cider vinegar - a great disinfectant).

Each time she applied the compress, the aesthetician pressed over the towel gently with both hands all around my face. This removes a lot of congestion in the pores without squeezing, which can damage and stretch the pore over time. (Some deeper or larger pimples may need to be extracted.)

She also used a plain yogurt mask which does wonders. It is best used just once a week and washed off for people who get congested.

I have since done my own compresses. I bought a ton of cheap face clothes and just run them under hot water. My skin feels so clean and soft afterward! I don't do it too much, but I often do this before I wash my face at night.

It's cheap, all natural and feels very relaxing. You can experiment with soaking your compress in various teas, vinegar, or apply it over moisturizer like a previous reviewer stated.

I highly, highly recommend the hot compress.

on 2/1/2013 11:15:00 AM

After spending probably hundreds of dollars on acne medicines and suffering the pain and embarrassment of cysts, a warm-hot compress applied a few times a day has turned out to be the best remedy available.
Softens and releases all of the sebum and pus (gross!) without damaging the skin like popping or picking at it would.
I follow it up with some diluted tea tree oil to disinfect and overnight my skin looks a million times better and is on the way to healing. halleluiah.

on 8/27/2010 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Warm compress is a god send. I used to get severe cystic acne on my jawline were i would get large red painful bumps without surfacing. To my surprise I found that using a warm compress for 10 minutes, the skin would loosen enough to clear the bump with an extractor. If I didnt use a warm compress, I would be literally be in tears and almost a broken jaw trying to pop the darn bump (disgusting and TMI i know), but now that I have started proactiv, the bumps rarely appear, but when they do, I no longer need deal with agony plus warm compress costs $0