RIMMEL Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

RIMMEL Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide - 7.8 (Sunscreen), Octinoxate - 2.5 (Sunscreen)Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG, 1 Dimethicone, PPG-10, Talc, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Sodium PCA, Silica Silylate, C12-15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Stearate, Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Acrylates, Bis PEG, PPG 14, 14 Dimethicone, Amodimethicone, Laureth-7, Lecithin, Tribehenin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Chlorphenesin, Dimethiconol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance, Pentylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Glycerin, Citric Acid, Fructose, Sodium Hydroxide, Urea, Laureth-4, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Allantoin, Maltose, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Lactate, Sodium Sulfate, Trehalose, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geraniol, BHT, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Glucose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, May Contain: Iron Oxides

on 11/8/2018 2:07:00 AM

I was traveling over the weekend for a festival and was waiting at the bus terminal station.I found a drugstore and while waiting for my bus i played with some makeup. I heard so much about this baby and decided to give it a try. I matched the right side of my face to No 300 (sand)and the left side to No 200( soft beige). I preferred No 300 but they ran out of stock. Then i had to leave after the bus announcement for departure.... disappointed coupled that i didnt get the shade i wanted. The air-cond bus ride lasted a good 8 hours and when i got to my hometown, my dad complimented how fresh i look. The side with No 300 didnt oxidize whereas no 200 looked patchy and was somewhat too light for me. I was planning to purchase this foundation but had to wait until i get to the city. Then I got back to the city and went straight to hunt for my shade. At another drugstore i found my matching shade which was No 201(classic beige). I loved it and tried it in the office. Im impressed . For ref Im NC37 and this looked natural on me. It has this air brush look and my pores seem smaller. And there was a sale so i only paid 1/2 the price !!! Talk about patience. In Asia, this comes in a pump bottle dispenser with red cap (and with added 'comfort serum'.. i dunno what that means!). I had no issue so far and highly recommend. This performed like a high end brand and was long lasting. The bottle is great for travels. Smells nice too .. some light perfume thingy. Im def switching brands

on 10/21/2018 7:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

this foundation was no match for:
- my tropical weather
- my oil slick skin

it broke up along my nose and around my mouth, which is normal, but just another indicator that i'm still on the hunt for something that really works. the shade range is pretty alright and price is normal for a high end foundation over here (like MYR30+, around there) - but it just wasn't... super impressive. :( not for me, unfortunately. passed it to my sister in the end.

on 8/22/2018 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I have very fair, cool-toned skin and this foundation in the shade "Light Porcelain" has been my holy grail for the past 3 years.
I have tried many a foundation over the course of my life and most of them were complete and utter disasters (given the ever-increasing price of makeup in Europe, most of those were also costly mistakes). Up until recently, very few brands catered to very pale or very dark skin tones. Both drugstore and luxury options mostly consisted of various tan shades which sadly resulted in my walking around with an orange face for most of my teenage years. Thankfully, times are changing.
This product is quite simply the only foundation I have found that fits my skin tone, my undertones and my bank account!
The foundation has a creamy, moisturising texture, does not emphasise my pores and does not cling to dry patches.
The coverage is medium but buildable and it has good lasting power throughout the day (I generally put on my makeup at 7am and by 9pm, my foundation has slightly faded but is still going strong). To be honest, I once went swimming at the beach wearing this foundation and it was still on my face when I came out of the water. Needless to say I was quite impressed.
During the first 4 hours of wear, this foundation provides a radiant, skin-like finish. Beyond that time mark, my T-zone has a tendency to look a bit shiny and greasy but nothing a good powder cannot fix. However, due to its moisturising and illuminating properties, this is one of those foundations that never truly dry down unless you powder it to death. For that reason, if you are in the habit of absentmindedly touching your face throughout the day, this product is not for you.
It comes in a glass bottle with a pump dispenser which is a godsend since many luxury brands have decided, for some unfathomable reason, to sell pumps separately from their already expensive foundations (looking at you Estée Lauder's Double Wear).
For that price, the quality is quite simply outstanding.

Not likely to ever run out of this as I won't be using it again. It has zero coverage. It basically a tinted grease. Awful..sticky and zero coverage..probably the worst foundation I have ever bought. My skin isn't even that bad but this hardly had any colour in it so my.skin looked no different after applying it and just.left a sticky sweaty feeling on my skin. If.you want good coverage I wouldn't bother with this

on 5/7/2018 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don’t like new packaging but I still love the product. Stays on all day long, no touch up needed.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Pros: This is a very good, medium/high coverage, transfer- and sweat-proof foundation. It has a demi-matte finish, and it stays wonderfully on my skin for hours and hours. In Romania it comes in a glass bottle with a pump.

Cons: As usual, the lightest shade available in my country (Ivory) is a bit too dark for me, and it oxidizes quite a bit, which is why I probably won't repurchase. It also breaks me out a little, but only if I use it a few days in a row.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I'll be dang. They have repacked this foundation. It is now in a bottle. The bottle says "Breathable". It has one of those crazy applicators in it. I don't like that much. I love how it wears and the coverage. Even at my age. It doesn't seem to creep into wrinkles, or fine lines. It was like six bucks. Cannot beat the price. Especially for the coverage - but I mean it is medium. It can pretty much be built but I don't' like the look. I like it better with a little skin showing through. I'm really pleased that I gave it a try - it's like my everyday make up. I still have my fenty - but I'm still not real pleased with that. It wears like iron - but the color is still off. I may mix them!! knowing me - I will.

on 1/24/2018 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm rewriting my review for this because it's become my HG foundation. I've been using it daily since 9/18/2017. I've tried tons of middle end to drugstore foundations and this has been the best foundation for my skin. It melts into my skin and looks like skin, which I haven't seen a foundation do for me EVER. I've tried Maybelline's Fit me, Cover Girl's BB creams and foundations, Revlon's Colorstay (no matter how hard I washed, it wouldn't come off and I can't use cold creams - break me out). Tried Tarte TM and foundation, Wet n Wild (is my HG summer foundation) -- this stuff is TOP for me. It makes my skin poreless.

I mix this foundation with Rimmel's Match Perfection foundation (blue cap) because Match Perfection is a little more moisturizing (for winter) and it helps get me to the shade I need. I literally only use a couple of small dabs of each foundation on my face and blend them out with a damp sponge and it melts into my skin. I get a nice thin coverage (I don't use much) that brightens my complexion and doesn't get flaky etc.. This is a thick foundation, so I think it's awesome for a winter foundation. In the summer - I still use some of this, but instead of mixing with Match Perfection, I mix it with my HG summer foundation by WnW that is a drier formula for the humid summer months. Absolutely LOVE THIS stuff. I do have oily skin and get oily no matter WHAT foundation/primer I use, so I still blot twice during my work day, but nothing excessive. Works well with my under eye concealer (Maybelline Fit me) and I set it with any powder I have in my drawer with a powder poof, and then press the powder into my skin with my damp sponge. I get a poreless, flawless look.

Only negative - get a pump or a squeeze tube, guys. The glass bottle is a pain.

I have sensitive skin and no breakouts either! Other HUGE plus - washes off GREAT (unlike Colorstay)!

on 12/31/2017 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So I rarely buy makeup from Walmart as it never seems to agree with my skin.. I bought this foundation (in glass bottle) last minute since I had forgot mine before an event. It was on sale for $3.50 and let me tell you, this foundation is better than a lot of the more expensive brands I have purchased from places such as Sephora or Clinique. I have oily skin so it's hard for me to find a good buy that doesn't get splotchy after about an hour or make me break out. This stayed on like a charm! I wouldn't say it's '25' hour wear, but it definitely stayed on great for 8+ hours. It wasn't cakey, caused NO breakouts, and didn't take much foundation to cover well, add some primer before hand to last even longer. I will keep repurchasing! Definitely worth the buy.

on 12/9/2017 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this in a glass bottle and have never seen it in a plastic tube even years ago when it came out. Foundations for oily skin constantly improve and so did this foundation. As a foundation junkie, I always look for the best foundation for my oily skin but so far, have not come across the very best. The problem with Revlon Colorstay and Estée Lauder Doublewear is the shade selection. No matter how many shades I have tried, nothing came close to my own skin color. Some shades such as Warm Golden Beige in Revlon Colorstay even make me look sick. Same goes for a lot of other famous foundations for oily skin. I am close to NC30 so I went for No. 200 or Soft Beige. Very complimentary color as it disappeared on my skin and perfected the unevenness. Unfortunately, the effect did not last. Within 9 hours, it became patchy and the oil came through in a disgusting form.The foundation oxidized and my perfect shade changed to orange on the cheeks. Nothing stayed on my nose either. For a couple of hours, it worked. 25 hours? That is a joke! I tried this with my favorite NYX HD primer and it lasted for hours and did not oxidize. I will keep this product but they need to be more conscientious about the advertisements.