4.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

10 months ago

Perfect counter to Aztec clay mask! I have found that when I get hormonal breakouts bear my jawline, they are deep and clustered together to benzoyl peroxide and acne hydrocolloid bandages done work. I need a clay mask to draw and dry it out but the Aztec clay mask has been really irritating and strong, damaging my skin barrier in the process. This mask does not leave my skin dehydrated and does the job! Unlike the Aztec mask, my skin doesn’t feel dry and somehow this mask doesn’t crack and pull at my skin after it dries! As an oily skin type, it is critical to keep it hydrated so it doesn’t go into oil production overdrive and this is a life-saver!

About reviewer (54 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Olive, Cool

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

a year ago

I have dry, sensitive skin, with lots of redness and is acne prone. I love that this doesn't exacerbate my skin's dryness or redness. It does its job well without causing further problems. Even though it's supposed to deep cleanse, somehow it also manages to soothe my skin. It's less red and any acne I might have at the moment is also less swollen and inflamed. I used this to replace Kiehl's Rare Earth mask. It's almost identical, does the exact same job, but at half the price.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesBlack

a year ago

While I have enjoyed its smooth application and the cooling sensation I experience after using it, I have no idea if the clay mask is effective. Despite having used this product for months, I can barely see its effects. I apply it after cleansing, exfoliating, and toning. Even then, I see no effects. Very confused as to what I am meant to get out of using this.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

a year ago

I have the super volcanic version. I really like it! With the mask being the "super" version, I was worried about it being drying but this has to be the least drying clay mask I've ever used. It does dry down after 5 minutes, but it doesn't make my face feel dry after rinsing like every other clay mask I've tried. It leaves a slightly cooling sensation upon rinsing which is nice. Does it work at pulling out all my blackheads or sebaceous filaments? Hard to say if it does. I heard that using a clay mask before a chemical exfoliant work really well together to extract all hose excess dead skin cells etc. I might try that next time. Nonetheless, this is one of the better clay masks I've tried and I highly recommend it because it's not too drying.

About reviewer (105 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Coarse

a year ago

The new formula with the black cap is even better. It’s the best clay mask I’ve tried so far and I have super oily and big pores skin. I use twice a week; I leaves a softened clean skin after washing it off. The mask dries quickly and lasts like almost 5 months for me.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Olive

a year ago

One of my fave clay masks, has a nice cooling effect and your pores feel totally swept clean afterwards. Great after a sweaty summer day or during a hormonal breakout.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

I think this clay mask is really good however just not for me. First of all the volume comes in huge! I bought it more than a year ago and I still have 2/3 left. With one jar it can last you forever - seriously I don't see the day I finish the whole jar. I agree with other reviewers that the clay is bit hard to spread, so usually I would add in some water or toner to soften it (which I recommend doing for dry skin type since the clay mask would dry you out in the process). But the effect is good! When I wash it off my skin felt so smooth like a baby face. My mum also tried it and felt the same. For its affordable price I think it does a very good job. Unfortunately it's just not the best product for me because I have extremely dry skin. The clay mask is not moisturising at all. In fact I always felt dry after using it and had to apply other moisturisers right away to prevent myself from drying out. I also agree with those who said that it failed to clear any pores and blackheads. I ended up giving it to my mum who loves it for smoothening out her mature skin.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

2.0
from

2 years ago

After reading other reviews on here, I`m beginning to wonder if perhaps I got an old or a bad product. I read quotes like "it applies like a dream," "I apply it with a face brush," "it goes on smoothly," etc. The clay in my jar is so hard, I`ve literally considered adding some toner or micellar water to thin it out a bit. No way can I spread this on my face with a brush, and even with fingers, it takes a bit of pressure to spread it on my skin. The results are just not that impressive. Even the cheapest of the cheap, the St.Ives clay masks are more satisfying and clean my skin better than this. I see on the bottom of my tub that the expiration date is coming up soon, in less than a year. If this is the actual shelf life and consistency of the product, I would never repurchase. I will check a tester next time I am in an InnisFree store, to see if this is how the actual product feels and looks like, because I got mine online from Iherb.com.

About reviewer (916 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesHazel

2 years ago

I went out on a limb with this mask, I didn't know anyone who had used it and went off the reviews online. I am SO happy that I did! This mask is smooth with a gentle earthy scent and applies like a dream. I was so happy to find that unlike clay masks I have tried in the past, I did not need to cake this on all over my face to get results. I usually use this once or twice a week and I have not only noticed that my pores are less clogged and have reduced visibility, but my skin overall looks and feels healthier. The price for the amount of product is good, especially for how much you need to use per mask. Like all clay masks this can dry out your skin, though I have experienced it a lot less with this product than others - the main thing is just to not use it every day and your skin will stay perfectly hydrated.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Fair

EyesBlue

2 years ago

I am obsessed with this clay mask! It is super easy to apply and a little goes a long way. During the spring and summer time I like to use this everyday or every other day and it is so easy to wash off as well! After washing it off my skin feels so soft and fresh. It says to leave it on for 10-15 mins but I like to leave it on for a good 25-30 mins because I see better results that way. I will definietly buy this again!

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure