InnisFree Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask

InnisFree Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask
Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask

4.3

[Original] Water, Butylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Silica, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Trehalose, Volcanic Ash, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Bentonite, Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Polysorbate 60, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract, Opuntia Coccinellifera Fruit Extract, Orchid Extract, Camellia Japonica Leaf Extract, Cryptomeria Japonica Leaf Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris Extract, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Extract, Kaolin, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, PVP, Dextrin, PEG-100 Stearate, Sorbitan Stearate, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Lactic Acid, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides (CI 77491)*************************************************************************************[Super] Water, Titanium Dioxide, Butylene Glycol, Volcanic Ash, Glycerin, Silica, Trehalose, Kaolin, Bentonite, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract, Opuntia Coccinellifera Fruit Extract, Orchid Extract, Camellia Japonica Leaf Extract, Pvp, Peg-100 Stearate, Polysorbate 60, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Xanthan Gum, Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Zea Mays (Corns) Starch, Sorbitan Stearate, Polyacrylate-13, Mannitol, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Lactic Acid, Polyisobutene, Menthoxypropanediol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate, Polysorbate 20, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Disodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol

on 9/12/2016 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

It's a decent product, smells nice and you get the instant hyperbeam/glowy/brightening effect (I also think, that this is due to titanium dioxide, just like qaeng3 mentioned before). It's affordable and the jar will last for a long time. I also find it great and pleasant for sensitive and drier skin.

The reason I'm giving this 3.5 instead of 5 lippies is because this wont do much if you have troublesome skin (acne, blackheads, clogged pores in general etc..) and are looking for something that really draws the impurities out and provides a very deep cleansing (like f.e. aztec secret healing clay). In my opinion, this is more suitable for sensitive and drier skin types or skin with minor skin troubles in general. I love using this in the morning, because it gives me a flawless complexion immediately with no redness, that can linger for around 20 minutes like lots of clay masks, meaning I can apply my moisturizer and make-up immediately after the Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask and leave the house =D

on 8/27/2016 10:21:00 AM

I have heard nothing but good things about this product, but this was overall a "meh" product for me. **pls take note, i will be using glamglow youthmud clay mask since i've used both and their claims are quite similar**

Background info: oily combo skin type, slightly sensitive skin user, blemish / acne prone type as well.

Pros:
+ affordable price range
+ does what it claims
+ a little goes a long way
+ application is easy
+ didn't worsen my skin or gave me any breakouts!

Cons:
- comes in a jar package
- it lasts forever and you're supposed to use this within 9 mths (?)
- the results were a bit meh, at least for me
- my pores didn't shrink

The product claims to shrink pores, remove blackheads etc etc and improves your skin overall.

Only a light layer of this clay mask is needed to cover your entire face, hence it'll definitely take more than 9 mths for you to use it up if you use it correctly.

While it gave a slight tingling sensation when you rinse this mask off, i felt that the results were not that spectacular. My blackheads were still there, but it left me a very nice, cooling sensation and i liked it a lot.

Even though this product is a lot more affordable than the glamglow one, i didn't think that the results were as good, or gave me the kind of results that really "wowed" me. For me personally the glamglow one gave me a bit better results even though it comes with a hefty price tag.

All in all, i will use this up, but i wouldn't repurchase. If you're on a budget you can definitely still purchase this and pamper yourself, but don't expect some "wow!" amazing life changing results.

I would rate this a 6.5/10. Hope this helps!

To Read all 79 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/14/2016 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

So, I got a sample of this and it's good for all type of skins. First, it's clay, so you'll think it'll dry up very badly and all. But this one doesn't from what I have used before.
But, you have to really read the instructions and keep it on for 15 minutes or less, then wash it off with lukewarm water for best results. I have seen countless friends try this and say it's bad but that's because they left it on until it dried and started to crumple off.
In this volcanic clay mask, it shrinks pores, controls sebum, exfoliates, deeply cleanses and brightens tone.
Well, I have used the sample of this for the first few weeks and I actually got less pores and my skin tone seems to not be that dull. It's also easy to apply on face, but it might be a bit hard to wash off. After using it for two months now, I can feel my skin actually become more clear, smooth and softer.
As I have combination skin, I am satisfied with the results I got!:)

on 6/17/2016 3:50:00 PM

I had high hopes for this product, after reading so many blogs and reviews about it. I had previously used Glam Glow Mud Masks and was super blown away by how it left my skin looking cleaner & brighter. I knew I needed to add this kind of mask to my regimen and was hoping to find cheaper ab alternatives for mud/clay masks.

The texture of the clay is a bit gummy. I use a mini plastic spatula to scoop about a teaspoon of product for my entire face. I usually focus on the center of my face where it can get oily and where I have blackheads & pores. It is easy to spread and starts drying a little faster than I can spread the product all over my face. The product doesn’t dry hard. It does take some effort to wash the product off – it doesn’t rinse off that easily. I have to really rub my face to make sure the product is removed. The product does leave your skin feeling slightly smoother, but my pores and blackheads looked generally the same. After immediate use, my skin is less oily, but I’m not sure if it helps reduce oil on your skin for the long-term. The good thing about this is that it doesn’t feel like your skin is stripped of its oils. It’s rather gentle and easy to use on a regular basis, but I haven’t seen much extra benefits to my skin after using it once a week. I could try to use it more often, but because it’s difficult to rinse the product off, it’s a little too much work for me. #basic.

It deeply cleans the pores, while tightening them.. would re-purchase when i've finish using it

on 5/3/2016 12:11:00 PM

I've been using this for a year and loved it since then. It does what it says but after using it for a while i think i need more than this for my skin because this clay mask only can make my nose appear smoother for an hour. I need something that can make it last longer.

on 3/15/2016 2:41:00 PM

I liked this mask, having used it after washing my face with Cetaphil cleanser for oily skin. It did not fail, and left my pores tightened for several hours after using the mask. I used it from room temperature, but would like to try using it after putting it in the fridge in the future.

Did not smell fantastic, as it had no other additional fragrance added to it, but it did what it promised. I got mine as a sample pot after a haul of products from Innisfree, and I find the price really reasonable for a normal pot as well. However, it isnt the best clay face mask I have tried. Also, as the brand is sold in Mainland China this means that they're not completely cruelty-free so I would hesitate to buy again, as I would rather support a brand that does not do animal testing.

Pros:
-Affordable
-Did what it promised, tightened pores and also lessened redness in cheeks
-Did not irritate my sensitive skin
-Good value for amount of product

Cons:
-Not sure if cruelty-free, as they sell in China
-Does not smell amazing, but has no bad scent either
-If you apply too much it takes really long to dry

on 1/10/2016 5:54:00 AM

This is the only facial mask I swear by! A real HG product. I have always been a fan of clay in cosmetic products, but this not only cleanses, it also makes my skin so radiant. I use this every time I know I need to look perfect. Great product, 5 lippies. Just too bad I cannot buy it so easily in Europe

on 1/2/2016 4:44:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

This item is very popular but personally, I did not enjoy it as much.The clay itself is in a jar and the clay is so hard that I find it very difficult to apply and spread on the face. I have to put some water on my hands to ease the application.

It also gives a fake brightening effect. If you look closely, there is a layer of residues on the surface after washing off. I guess it's due to titanium dioxide as one of the ingredients.

It has a cooling effect and it is not as harsh as other clay masks. Unlike other masks, it doesn't make the skin tight when it hardens. For acne control, I am not sure if it really helps because it doesn't seem to work for me.

Also, a jar lasts FOREVER and you have to finish within 9months after opening, so I guess it's not really worth it? I will probably try other clay masks instead as this isn't that impressive. Perhaps I will try the soft version instead.

on 12/26/2015 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have become a convert for Innisfree skincare after I got this mask. I use the Super Volcanic Pore Clay mask instead of the original as the BA there recommended this more for oily skin. I am an oil slick, and I have been looking for something to reduce the excess sebum secretion.

And this mask is a lifesaver, it's thick and pulls out excess sebum without drying the skin out. I don't find it to be clearing deep blackheads or whiteheads as stated but it pulls it out to the surface for easy extraction. Washing this off is pretty easy since I always use a pretty thick layer.

I have no qualms that it comes in a jar without a spatula since I always use this once a week after my night shower. This mask is also good for spot treatments, just apply on the pimples and leave it overnight. It clears it up the next day (or makes it easy to push out the seed)

Definitely repurchasing this when I'm done with this one jar that is lasting really long.