InnisFree Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask

InnisFree Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask
Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask

4.2

[Original] Water, Butylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Silica, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Trehalose, Volcanic Ash, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Bentonite, Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Polysorbate 60, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract, Opuntia Coccinellifera Fruit Extract, Orchid Extract, Camellia Japonica Leaf Extract, Cryptomeria Japonica Leaf Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris Extract, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Extract, Kaolin, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, PVP, Dextrin, PEG-100 Stearate, Sorbitan Stearate, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Lactic Acid, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides (CI 77491)*************************************************************************************[Super] Water, Titanium Dioxide, Butylene Glycol, Volcanic Ash, Glycerin, Silica, Trehalose, Kaolin, Bentonite, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract, Opuntia Coccinellifera Fruit Extract, Orchid Extract, Camellia Japonica Leaf Extract, Pvp, Peg-100 Stearate, Polysorbate 60, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Xanthan Gum, Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Zea Mays (Corns) Starch, Sorbitan Stearate, Polyacrylate-13, Mannitol, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Lactic Acid, Polyisobutene, Menthoxypropanediol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate, Polysorbate 20, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Disodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

i wasn't a super big fan of the texture, and that already seemed like a red flag. i had gotten a sample of the super volcanic clay as a gift and i was like yeah! eliminate the blackheads! kill them! and this didn't deliver whatsoever; i tried leaving it on for short periods or time, and also long periods of time - both ways had the same result: disappointing. i'm glad i got the sample, because i know this doesn't work for me. but i was really upset since this has such good reviews from everyone. guess i'm an outlier on this one. :(

on 2/11/2017 4:22:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Nothing miraculous like its claims but it does the job of added cleansing and helps to even out my skin after usage. Red spots/patches were visibly evened out. My skin feels softer and cleaner after I use this, though i would note that it doesn't fully get ALL the gunk on the nose out. I do like this mask because it's affordable and does a decent job... I don't expect great things from this and I am still on the hunt for THE HG pore clay mask. Am on my fourth jar now.

on 2/8/2017 5:04:00 PM

This is a nice gentle little mask that cleanses the skin. The smell is quite relaxing and nice.
It does nothing for the blackheads on my nose or the (very) small pores on my cheeks. It does not prevent breakouts, though I didn't expect it to.
Maybe someone with very nice skin can use this as an extra cleansing measure once or twice a week.

I have acne prone skin which is slightly stable nowadays and a typically oily t zone.

I have used his 2x a week for past 3 weeks and I don't see much difference. I was doing a trial of the product and applying it to one half of my face. No difference in pore size or oil control.
What I did note is that 1-2 days after using it a deep blind pimple would start working its way up to the surface on the sides where I applied the mask.
Not using again. Not for me

on 1/21/2017 12:25:00 AM

I've tried both the jar and mousse version. Kinda like the jar better because the texture is less runny, hence easier to apply.

Anyway, upon application it feels minty, sort of like Lush's mask of mag. It dries super fast like within 3 minutes, and cause a tightening sensation if you continue to leave it on.

Having finished both bottles, I'd say it doesn't deliver it's claim of shrinking pores not even a bit. Still, my face would be dry if I don't follow up with skincare.

Maybe does cleanse pores and brighten overall complexion, but it's like an one time off event. For someone with normal skin who's looking for a mild clay mask this will suffice.

Cheap, yes. Repurchase, no.

on 12/30/2016 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

So glad I got to try this at my friends and didn't end up buying the whole jar. Did not notice any differences with the pores size but this is just torture. It makes my skin feels so dry and the whole process was just painful. Would never purchase!

on 10/31/2016 7:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm surprised by how much I genuinely like this stuff! God knows the amount of money I've spent on clay masks over the years (plus the famed Aztec clay and ACV, turmeric, honey etc to mix with it), only to find that they left my sensitive skin dry and irritated or, ironically, made me breakout. But this one... is good? Like, actually good??
After using it every other day for the past fortnight it's minimised the congestion on my forehead, brought some pesky under-the-skin spots to the surface and shrunk some little inflammatory pimples, all without upsetting the balance of my (very) delicate skin. Consider me thoroughly impressed.
Oh and shout out to cosmetic-love for chucking a few samples of this in with my order because otherwise I never would have discovered it!
(I will be updating this review in a month just to make sure that it isn't stealthily clogging my pores or doing some other untold damage, but so far it's looking promising!)

on 10/2/2016 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Tried this out as it's been raved about and it did not disappoint! I had many small bumps on my forehead and cheeks due to clogged pores. Results did not show immediately but now it has pretty much cleared. I use a brush for easier application and it is also easy to wash off. I see the difference the next day as my face doesn't get super oily at the end of the day. Give it a go :)

on 9/12/2016 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

It's a decent product, smells nice and you get the instant hyperbeam/glowy/brightening effect (I also think, that this is due to titanium dioxide, just like qaeng3 mentioned before). It's affordable and the jar will last for a long time. I also find it great and pleasant for sensitive and drier skin.

The reason I'm giving this 3.5 instead of 5 lippies is because this wont do much if you have troublesome skin (acne, blackheads, clogged pores in general etc..) and are looking for something that really draws the impurities out and provides a very deep cleansing (like f.e. aztec secret healing clay). In my opinion, this is more suitable for sensitive and drier skin types or skin with minor skin troubles in general. I love using this in the morning, because it gives me a flawless complexion immediately with no redness, that can linger for around 20 minutes like lots of clay masks, meaning I can apply my moisturizer and make-up immediately after the Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask and leave the house =D

on 8/27/2016 10:21:00 AM

I have heard nothing but good things about this product, but this was overall a "meh" product for me. **pls take note, i will be using glamglow youthmud clay mask since i've used both and their claims are quite similar**

Background info: oily combo skin type, slightly sensitive skin user, blemish / acne prone type as well.

Pros:
+ affordable price range
+ does what it claims
+ a little goes a long way
+ application is easy
+ didn't worsen my skin or gave me any breakouts!

Cons:
- comes in a jar package
- it lasts forever and you're supposed to use this within 9 mths (?)
- the results were a bit meh, at least for me
- my pores didn't shrink

The product claims to shrink pores, remove blackheads etc etc and improves your skin overall.

Only a light layer of this clay mask is needed to cover your entire face, hence it'll definitely take more than 9 mths for you to use it up if you use it correctly.

While it gave a slight tingling sensation when you rinse this mask off, i felt that the results were not that spectacular. My blackheads were still there, but it left me a very nice, cooling sensation and i liked it a lot.

Even though this product is a lot more affordable than the glamglow one, i didn't think that the results were as good, or gave me the kind of results that really "wowed" me. For me personally the glamglow one gave me a bit better results even though it comes with a hefty price tag.

All in all, i will use this up, but i wouldn't repurchase. If you're on a budget you can definitely still purchase this and pamper yourself, but don't expect some "wow!" amazing life changing results.

I would rate this a 6.5/10. Hope this helps!